WashingtonLakes.com Bass/Trout Fishing Derby

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

WashingtonLakes.com Bass/Trout Fishing Derby

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:15 pm

It's Official! WashingtonLakes.com will host it's first ever combination bass/trout derby on lake Sammamish, Sunday, July 19th. Following the Derby will be a prize ceremony and BBQ.

Guaranteed first place prizes are $100 cash each for top weight bass and top weight trout. Runner Up prizes for second place bass and trout winners are soft tackle box filled with tackle gear, valued $75 retail. Anglers are allowed to fish for both bass and trout during the derby.

Cost per angler is $10.

Registration Forms and Rules can be printed Here:

2009 Lake Sammamish Derby Rules

2009 Lake Sammamish Derby Signup

Would you like to help use promote the event? Just print out this flyer and ask to have it posted at your favorite tackle or boat store. Thanks!

2009 Lake Sammamish Derby Flyer

We hope to see lot's of anglers for this sure to be exciting event!

Thanks to the following Sponsors of the Event:

TTI-Blakemore Fishing Group - Home of the Roadrunner, Mr. Crappie, Daiichi Hooks, Bleeding Bait Hooks, Reel Magic, and much more!

WestCoastCustomTackle - Local manufacturer of high quality custom poured bass baits. These are great plastics!

FishCreekSpinners - One of the most innovative spinners I have ever seen. Definitely a classic trout spinner!

Aqua-Scent - Maker of the Fish Tickle line of scent tabs. See our Jefferson Head Blackmouth video to see it in action - and catching!

Yakima Bait Company - Maker of Worden Lures, such famous names as Roostertails, lil Corky, Spin-N-Glo, and more. Another great Pacific NW tackle producer!

www.BulletWeights.com - Bullet Weights is one of the largest sinker manufacturers in the world and is reported to have the largest selection of fishing sinker products in the marketplace.

Reef Runner Lures - the finest in original designs, paint finishes, hooks, and hand crafted quality - designed and tested in the USA - check out their website for some really nice looking walleye, bass, and trout lures!

Silver Horde Fishing Supplies - manufacturers of a variety of high quality salmon and trout gear. Located in Lynnwood!
(425) 778-2640

Field Designs - custom embroidery - Hats - Shirts - Sportswear
Embroidery - Printing - a WL.com member supporting business.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST - A CUSTOM SIGNATURE FISHING ROD SIGNED BY THE SWEDE HIMSELF!

More Coming - these sponsors are all contributing to our prizes and angler gift packs that you'll receive at Derby Day check in.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

SPARKY101
Captain

RE:WashingtonLakes.com Bass/Trout Fishing Derby

Post by SPARKY101 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Man i woulda loved to join the WL Crew and members again....But OlyBoyz be at Tourney that weekend....So DEZ..FISHINISLIFE..KZOO..OOOOO BRING THE PAIN....And are we gonna see a 3pete of casting comp:scratch: C'mon bass guys..its imperative to hit the spot FIRST try:hockey: :cheers: :clown:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:35 pm

This sounds like a great chance to meet others and have a AWESOME time doing it!! :tongue:
Mav

yodog
Angler

Post by yodog » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:43 pm

:spiderman sounds fun and good luck:^o

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:13 pm

Mikie I will donate one of my custom Rods trust me there Sweeeeet killing machine, tell me where to send it and let it be for the (Kid) with the best fish 16 and under.:thumleft: :thumright

Sweet the pot a bit:cheers: and give back from all my years of doing

Keith
Angler

Post by Keith » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:29 am

That sounds like fun and a great way to meet other members of this site. It is amazing to see what this site has become from where it started to now.
Keith

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:25 am

Hey Mike, just to clarify... are 4 anglers in 1 boat ok? Those 2 person per boat rules dont mesh well with family life.

We'll be there! :cheers:

Last years event was a blast, :dj: I wasnt sure if I should put my real name or my alias on my name tag, so I used both!

We met alot of great people and finally got to put some faces to the screen names. There are so many of us here that, one on one, meeting and fishing with everyone isnt possible, these events are the perfect place to make that happen.

Would be cool if all the :chef: chefs brought some of their favorite (home prepared) smoked salmon, could have a "Taste Off" and swap some tips.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:56 am

no angler restrictions other than basic stuff, must be 18 or with a parent or guardian. We will have the detailed rules and sign up forms posted soon. I know it's Memorial Day weekend, but what a great way to spend part of the weekend if you're staying in town.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:09 am

Sounds like a great time! Let me know if anyone has a back seat to share! But for now will just need to tune up the trolling motor on the float tube!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:03 am

i will be there with mini flipn jr and 1/45 scale flip and mrs flipn .
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:22 am

flippinfool wrote:i will be there with mini flipn jr and 1/45 scale flip and mrs flipn .
I'm gonna try and make it with the Fam-Bam as well,..I have some Fam coming up from Cali that weekend so we'll see if they want 2 check it out!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:31 am

Okay Boyz , this is our third year with this event . I remember it was just a handful of us over on wa wa back in 07 and look at how we have grown since then . Mike and Aaron both have been great at making this a fun filled event and supporting the guys that visit this site (at odd times of the night ). This year will be better than last year , my tourney season started a couple of week ago so by the time this event gets here we will have plenty of cool products and packages for everyone (count on it! ) ..

Keep in mind that the lake will be a little packed that wkend depending on the weather, So i always like to stress safety and awareness while on the lake . Im looking forward to seeing old faces and new faces this year , i was suppose to go to the jambroee over on banks this wkend but im passing on that to make sure i dont miss this event . This year we are gonna have real tourney scales on the beach weighing fish (Even though i didnt need one last year ...ooooo ! ) lol .. We will also be doing the casting contest like we always do . The food was great last time and im sure grill master mike will do his thing again . Fishinislife we also be doing his thing with keeping us on point with the whats going on throughout the day .

we are also working a tring to get a two guest speakers for to attend one guy to talk about bass fishinf and a trout guy to tell us about why rainbows have so many colors ..lol So with that being said IM STOKED AND I CANT WAIT ! I KNOW ALL THE PEOPLE THAT DIDNT MAKE OVER THE LAST YEARS WILL BE THERE THIS TIME (NO EXCUSES) ...

Take Care and god bless !! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

DEZ

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

littlefishingbuddy
Petty Officer

Post by littlefishingbuddy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:47 am

I too have some fishing gear I could donate for the cause, Please tell me where i can send it.

Thanks
Scott
Littlefishingbuddy

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:54 am

Thanks Dez and Fishnislife for all their help with planning and organizing this event. I promise we will have the forms and details posted in the next few days.

All participants will be getting a "gift pack" with items equal to the entry fee of $10 and those cash prizes are guaranteed regardless of number of anglers. It'll be a fun way to catch some fish, win some prizes, and share good times with WL.com members. :chef:

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Mike Carey wrote:Thanks Dez and Fishnislife for all their help with planning and organizing this event. I promise we will have the forms and details posted in the next few days.

All participants will be getting a "gift pack" with items equal to the entry fee of $10 and those cash prizes are guaranteed regardless of number of anglers. It'll be a fun way to catch some fish, win some prizes, and share good times with WL.com members. :chef:
THANKS MIKE , DEZ AND FISHINGISLIFE FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN AGAIN IAM GONNA MAKE IT THIS TIME I CANT WAIT .

trimcat
Angler

Post by trimcat » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:12 am

I missed the event last year...not gunna miss this one! Thanks to Mike and everyone else for putting this together. I might have a back seat available for the derby. I'll know for sure prior to the event. Anyone else have a back seat open should post a notice so we get as many anglers participating as possible.

fishnazzi
Warrant Officer

Post by fishnazzi » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:51 am

This sounds like fun..........my only question is the launch ramp parking area is small on a non holiday weekend with a tournie.........where are we going to park our rigs if we can get in the water????

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:07 am

fishnazzi wrote:This sounds like fun..........my only question is the launch ramp parking area is small on a non holiday weekend with a tournie.........where are we going to park our rigs if we can get in the water????
The Derby opens crack of dawn - 6:30 I believe, so that should not be an issue. We will check people in as they launch their boats. Details and entry form to be posted soon.

Guys - we can turn this into a friendly competition between the bass members and the trout members - you'll each get a shot at fishing both species if you chose - it's all under the same entry fee. Let the battle for bragging rights begin! :bball:

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:34 am

IAM SLEEPING IN MY TRUCK

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:07 pm

We are finding Sponsors left and right. That $10 entry fee is going to more than be made up in the cool stuff we will be handing out!

I'll be updating the first post a we add sponsors.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”