NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
chrystalia
Angler

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by chrystalia » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:35 pm

Names: Eva and Keith---Chrystalia and the Kettle Korn Guy!
Hobbies reading, outdoors, fishing, writing, photography, the new sit on top kayak
What You Do We have been cooking Kettle Korn for 10+ years-- largest kettle korn company in AZ, soon to be largest in Whatcom county ;-)
Favorite Species To Fish For freshwater-- trout and kokanee! Saltwater-- starry flounder, pacific sole and its relatives. Also enjoy catch and release on spiny dogfish, but once I figure out how to prep and cook them, I'll probably keep one every once in a while. Any recipe suggestions??
Where You Fish The Most Toad lake, Padden Lake, Baker Lake, Terrell Lake, Lake whatcom once or twice, Silver Lake
How Long You Have Been Fishing heck-- since we were kids, both of us!
How You Got Introduced To Fishing I don't know about the other half, for me it was my great uncles, in Penobscot county Maine.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing sleep. work. read. play the occasional game of cards..occasional country dancing...

Don't have a good pic at the moment (I am not photogenic anyway...) but should have some editted soon... just hoping to meet some good people, pick up some tips and tricks, and talk fishin, fresh and salt, with like minded individuals.

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:23 pm

Name: Amos
What You Do: Currently unemployed, but actively hunting. Recently separated from Navy after 8yrs at EAOS.
Favorite Species To Fish For: Catfish, Bass, Crappie/Perch
Where You Fish The Most: Lake Sammamish and Pine Lake; I'm new to fishing up here in the NW. Most of my fishing has been in either the Minnesota boundary waters or Midwestern (Kansas, Missouri, & Arkansas) lakes
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 23 yrs.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Fishing with my Grandfather on our three private ponds in SW Missouri
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Spend time with family, ride Ducati's (VP of regional Ducati club htttp://www.fcducati.com), camping, R/C cars, working in my shop/garage
Your Favorite Picture....... - post one up later when I find it

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:43 pm

Hey I'm enjoying reading all these intros! Thanks Baker for displaying the frame. :-) We still have frames for the asking, BTW.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:40 pm

Hey Mike,
Thanks for pulling this thread to the top of the list.
I'm Matt and it's been six days since I last fished.
I'm 51
Live in Woodinville
Grew up in Issaquah, there was a stop light on I90.
Hobbies? Well fishing for one.... Darn near anything under the sun, RC flying for 30 years, Ex hanglider/Paraglider pilot, skiing, snowboarding..... all the adrenaline sports. I've always fished for fun or commercialy but now it's more of my focus after a slight run in with ground flying paragliders. No hiking, skiing..... So I bought a boat so I can get to the fishing.
Professionally? I'm a computer consultant but, I've done many sorted things in my time. 16 years in the fish biz. then rambled around with electronic and mechanical prototype assembly for Shshshshshsh can't say. Then into computers.
I started fishing when I was in the Boy Scouts many years ago. We hiked and camped every other weekend, more often than not we ate what we caught. It turned us into animals.
So I guess let's go fishing!
Shake me down anytime, I have a boat with all the toys, I stopped inviting people because I hate to beg anyone to have fun. So ask and ye shall receive.
I think I have at least a link to a picture of myself and my wife the fish hunter....... That look of unbelievable detrmination, spotting the fish way down deep and putting us on top of them.
I haven't found the FAQ's or a button for uplaoding any pics so I haven't posted any yet. Can someone please throw me a bone?
Never mind got it figured. FAQ would still be nice with things like a big how to and suggested picture sizing, I'll be breaking out the photo editor.
Thanks, Fishn'

OK Pics back! Gotta remember not everyone is looking on a wide screen monitor. o:) I guess the pic of my one and only was too wide, she's not. Had to sneak in a pic of PS Kings. Inspiration for fishing!!!!!!
Attachments
aug2006_008small.jpg
aug2006_008small.jpg (71.3 KiB) Viewed 4962 times
small_post_2.JPG
small_post_2.JPG (119.36 KiB) Viewed 4963 times
small_post1.JPG
small_post1.JPG (138.57 KiB) Viewed 4963 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:33 pm

Glad you found this bodofish. I was wondering when you'd introduce yourself. Love the avatar.
To upload pix to a post, first write and finish a post like the introduction you just did, post it, then look in the upper right hand corner of that post, hit attach, it will bring you to the uploading a picture page, hit browse, then find the pic you want, hit upload, then when it is done uploading hit the back button and volia, your pic is uploaded. Hope that makes sense. Play with it a little bit until you get the pic uploaded.

Lets get some more introductions from you guys. Come on, don't be shy. It will only hurt a little bit.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:05 am

Thanks, Fishn'
I got some links at least. I'll try again.
PS I'm a bit of a music fan too. Live music is the best!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Shadower360
Angler

Post by Shadower360 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:56 pm

Hello! My name is Ryan Meeks and Im 32 Yo.
I started fishing when I was 5 and kinda stopped when I was about 16. Got back into it about 5 years ago here on Ft. Lewis
Started fishing the Bass species on and off but got deployed in 03-05. When I got back I was at a yard sale near my house at the time (Tenino)
and a guy was selling his tackle box and reel (Shimano calcutta 200) for 40 bucks. I bought it and he and I talked a bit and it turns out that there was a private pond
on his property and he had stocked it with bass about 7 years ago. He had a stroke and couldnt fish anymore and he had no kids and hated the neighbors. So I asked if I could fish there and he said because I was military I could
so I started to fish there with my pontoon boat and it was fantastic. Im talking 50 fish days every day. I got my skill down and started hitting other lakes and now here I am.
Ive caught some great fish and met some great people and this state has so many lakes that you cant pick just one to fish at. I just wished my wife would get into it....but I cant get into shopping so were even I guess!
I guess that someday Ill actually speed the cash for a Bass boat and go to Cali to catch the world record Bass so I can afford my own lake so some kid can do for me what the old man did for me.
Love this post

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:35 pm

Hello there my name is Hernandez i go by DEZ . im 32 live in Bothell

I work in Bellevue for my moms company (collections manager) ..
I have been out here for 3years now , moved from nashville, TN but im origaly from detroit, MI .
I have been fishing since iv been old enough to hold a Cane pole ..my grandad got me into fishing at a very young age
he was a independent carpenter. so every day after work he would wine down by down to a private pond in the country area..
I kept at the sport and never stoped .
I have been bass fishing since 16 years old , I plan to go pro one day ..
I have been a Bass Federation club member
Ihave fished many local tourneys / got a first place finish back in 2001 won about 5k (that was cool)
I have trained with two Pro Bass fisherman on two occations and still good friends with both ..(I CANT NAME THEM) sorry just a code.
I place 25th in a state tourney in nashville back in 2002 ..(competed against the top ten guys from four 8 different counties)
I have love chasing Bass , i study this fish , i honor this fish and i practice C&R all the time ..
I have met some really cool people out here ,not many many bass guys but still good fisherman ..
I fish out of a yellow & black pontoon boat SO IF YOU EVERY SEE ME PLEASE SPEAK IT'S COOL !

this site has been great to me , I couldnt imagine finding these lakes without it .. alot of info here and just a great place to chat with a good group of people .. BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Lazydayfisher
Angler

Post by Lazydayfisher » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:05 pm

Hello All! My name is Erik and I live in Spokane with my wife of 7 years and our 3yo son Elijah. I have lived here almost three years now and I am still trying to figure out most of the lakes in the area. I have been fishing for over 20 years and still have plenty to learn! My hobbies are golfing camping and of course fishing. I am currently working as an electronics tech. installing security systems in prisons and penitentiaries. I look forward to getting to know you all and I know I am going to have fun doing so.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:35 pm

Welcome to WL, Lazy. All the information about the area can be found on this site. If it isn't printed, ask a question on the forum and someone will have the answer.

Justcruzinbye
Angler

Post by Justcruzinbye » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:12 am

This sounds like a great idea, My name is Rick and I have been fishing all of my life. I grew up west of Spokane and fished Crab creek all of my young/adult life. Currently I am 47 and have lived in Cowlitz county for five years and now fish for the big guys in the Columbia River, et al, having purchased a jet sled last spring. I spend every spare hour (and then some)my wife allows fishing or hunting the area. I travel back to Lincoln County every year to bring home a nice Mule Deer and visit with my family.

My hobbies are my family our dogs and my passion for the outdoors, of course I have to work to finance all of the above. I look forward to sharing information with everyone associated with this website.
Life's too short to get mad, so get fishing!

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:21 am

Okay, I'll give it a whirl...

Name: Mike (hey, that's a surprise)
Hobbies: Fishing, Computers, Hiking, Guitars
What You Do: I test software.
Favorite Species To Fish For: So far, trout, but I'm taking a liking to bass fishing.
Where You Fish The Most: Probably Blackmans. I've been there a hand full of times. I have one of those personal pontoon boats and a trolling motor, so it's fun being out there and seems to be more productive (at least for now). I also fish Martha and Silver Lakes in Snohomish county. Don't really catch anything there, but it's relaxing at times.
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Well, if you exclude the couple of years that I fished as a scout, just under 1 year.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: A co-worker got some fishing gear and I remember how much I liked fishing before, so I started back up. Of course, it's not like riding a bike, you do forget. But luckily I have this site.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Look at fishing reports, look at maps for fishing spots. Seriously though, I'm busing being a husband, a father, and working. There really isn't enough time in the day.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:19 am

Hello, my name is Chris.
I live in the North Seattle area. I am 43 y/o. I will fish for anything that swims. Primarily I have fished for trout. Mostly a handful of Eastern Wa. lakes near Tonasket. Also the local trout lakes within an hour of Seattle. I also enjoy bottom fishing in the salt water. If the pic. comes through that is of my son and I "Shark Fishin' " As a 7 year old, he thinks it's the coolest thing to catch dog fish. I feel bad, the photo looks border line like child abuse via fishing, but I promise, he was lovin' it.

When I'm not fishing I can be found in my garage getting started with woodworking, cutting banging, etc. I also enjoy hiking, camping, the ocean (notice there is fish involved in most of those things) Gardening, cooking, etc.
I credit my dad for getting me into fishing via hiking into all those great alpine lakes off of the Pacific Crest Trail.

For work I work in healthcare, in oncology, radiation therapy for cancer patients. I'm also kept busy with my boy and girl, 8/10.
I've enjoyed this thread, there are some great people on this site, and it's cool to get an idea who they are.
Attachments
CHRIS~MILES~MUDSHARK[1].jpg
CHRIS~MILES~MUDSHARK[1].jpg (76 KiB) Viewed 4938 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

bass4life
Angler

Post by bass4life » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:28 pm

Name: Joel
Hobbies: Fishing, Video Games (X360 and PC)
What do you do: Computer Support for a Seattle Based non profit
Favorite Species To Fish For: Largemouth Bass
Where You Fish The Most: King County small lakes and Thurston County small lakes
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Since age 10
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My family (Dad) and story see below:
---I used to basically just fish w/ worm and bobber or worm and sinker up till I was about 16 years old. I remember my family went to a vacation in Delaware and we were fishing from this pier using bloodworms as bait and just basically waiting for spots and croakers to bite. Well we were catching the odd fish here and there and I see this one guy walking up the pier with a bucket and a fishing pole with a little neon green split tail grub on his fishing pole. I remember thinking to myself what the hell is this guy doing? Doesn’t he know he needs some kind of bait to catch fish? Well the guy started casting to the support poles on the pier and just pulling up one sand perch and spot after the other. He was twitching that grub and just catching fish left and right. He filled his bucket up with about 10 fish in the span of about 10 minutes then proceeded to walk off the pier and I’m sure to his frying pan. At that point something happened to me and I said to myself ‘I want to be able to catch fish like that guy’. When we got back to northern Virginia I stopped by the bait shop and bought a bunch of split tail grubs and some other lures I can’t really remember. My younger brother and I went fishing at a place called Burke Lake and proceeded to rent a boat. I tied on one of those little split tail grubs on the end of my pole. I remember casting to a submerged tree and pulling up a 2 pound largemouth! I was hooked on bass fishing for life and here I am now. I didn’t think there were any bass out here in Washington but I was wrong. Now I am on a quest to find a nice bass lake somewhere around where I live (Kent). I haven’t really had any luck except Lake Meridian but it’s hard to fish with the Jet Skiers and my little pontoon. If anyone knows any small body of water in the area with some good sized largemouth in it please let me know.---
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Work, Hanging out with my wife and baby girl, Barbecuing in the backyard, Yard work
Your Favorite Picture

DennisZ
Angler

Post by DennisZ » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:43 pm

Hi, I am DennisZ. The other day I took four salt water rigs out of the boat decidedly making a move to give up on Puget Sound fishery after two years of releasing mud sharks. I was thoroughly spoiled for the balance of a lifetime by a fishing trip with my wife to Alaska last year. We took the 18' North River up and sailed back from Haines. 4005 miles before we drove on the Alaska Marine Ferry. Next month I will be 62 years young, I regret waiting so long to go where I might have stayed had I been moved to travel there sooner.

There are four brothers in my family, sprinkled around Washington State. July 11th Terry and I will leave his home in Arlington, for Spokane to meet up with Dale. We are the oldest three. As a visitor to this site I have been looking at the many postings expecially for Eastrern Washington areas as I have designs on fishing Banks Lake or out of the Lincoln launch or nearby with Terry on the way over. Just so's you might see us, a white Dodge Dually, a white Bigfoot Camper, and the aluminum North River. With Dale the three of us will inevitably cruse Rock Lake until the sun burns the skin off my head again this year, hats make my head hot, or we run out of Zatarans or oil.

When I was about 4 years old my folks set me down with a willow stick, some leader a hook and worm in a tall grassy spot beside a Montana creek. When I was sure I had cought my first fish, I rolled over backward like a cub bear. The fish flew centrifically overhead throught the Big Sky leaving an indelible memory before it went unconcious on the bank.

Terry and Dale are to me better, luckier, fishermen than I. However Mom could outfish us all. The first thing she ever cought on the old docks back in '52 near the flour mill in Tacoma was a Skate. At home, in oil in the frying pan the leather skinned pie wedged cuts of its fins quivered like the high school biology frog leg when it is given a shock. For several years our family spent weekend days on those docks filling up a bucket on the incoming tides with ling cod and flounder cought on the pile worms we would gather during low ebb.

I saw a posting request today for a recipe for largemouth bass to get them to taste better. I suggest an old recipe for Sand Hill Cranes which might work. Using the Inuit cooking approach, a water tight wolven cedar root cooking vessel filled with water is brought to a boil with hot rocks from the fire pit. The Crane is dressed out and inserted into the boiling basketful of water and left to cook for about two hours. Then you take out the Crane and eat the rocks. I sure hope someone has a better idea.

With due respect, I come from a fish and eat heritage. Trout are ok, Kookanee are better. Especially when a limit of them are on the boat and it is lunchtime. I keep a lunch pail, a frying pan, some Zatarans, some oil, and the one burner stove onboard for such moments as these. Somewhere in the Washington Regs. it says a "limit", except for immediate consumption. Sustinance fishing tastes better than store bought.

Oh! Oh!, I can't forget Colin's movie.. this link to the youngest brothers movie at: XapfjN99Xwc

Our dog is a Pappilion who fathered the pups Maria and I went to visit.

May God grace us all with safe, happy, satisfying days on the water.

Dennis Z
Attachments
joeykids1.jpg
joeykids1.jpg (84.09 KiB) Viewed 5035 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:11 pm

Welcome all to the WL.com family.
Man this last page of introductions has been great.
Keep'em coming.

Bodofish, try to resize your pics. If you need help let me know.
bass4life, nice bass in your pic man. :thumleft:
quadrodamus, it was awesome fishing with you the other day. Glad I met you on this site.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lou
Petty Officer

Post by Lou » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:48 pm

My name is Louis, friends call me Lou. 27 years old, currently renting in tukwilla, working on a house in
Covington area (closer to my favorite lakes).

I work for a telecommunications company installing low-voltage communications wiring (aka. Cable Guy)
all over Washington. I work early, so it works out well, leaving me my afternoon to fish.

My hobbies used to include video games, paintball, bike riding, camping, and bar hopping. But last year,
a co-worker opened my eyes to this great sport of fishing. So I bought an inflatable raft ($99 and best
investment ever) and some fishing tackle and have been fishing atleast 3 times a week ever since.

The lakes I frequent are Wilderness, Shady, Meridian, Angle, Holm, and Shadow in the order of frequent
to barely ever. I'm usually only targeting trout, as I have not figured out how to catch others, but I'm
starting to frequent Meridian for kokanee now that I've figured out what works.

Picture is of a 24" sockeye I caught last year. Biggest fish I've caught in this first year of fishing.
Attachments
Caught2.jpg
Caught2.jpg (86.43 KiB) Viewed 4999 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fishin_Freak
Angler

Post by Fishin_Freak » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:33 pm

Name: Dan
Age First Went Fishing: 2yrs old
Job: Operations Manager for Statewide Rent A Fence
Living in WA: 16 months

Hello all, I have been fishing all my life and really miss it. I havent fished since moving here from the sportfishing capitol (CA). In the last twenty years or so I become addicted to In-shore sportfishing. I hope to start soaking a line sooner than later, I have no interest in Salmon fishing. After catching everything you can think of down south Salmon is the least likely fish for me.

Hobby wise...

FPS games on my PC, fishing, building computers, fishing, traveling all over this state to learn where every lake and stream is plus all the bays for my saltwater addiction.

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:21 pm

Greetings Fellow Anglers:
My Name is Bob.
My Age is: 78 -- OK, you young fellows -- don't laugh -- at least I'm on this side of the grass and not pushing up daisies.
I served in the US Navy during the Korean War. I was an avation engine mechanic and served over seas for about 30 consective months, including a few months on the aircraft carrier USS Philippine Sea CV-47.
I was so interested in aircraft that when I came out of the Navy I worked 35 years for the Boeing Company on some very interesting jobs. I was cleared for secret so I won't discuss that any further. Anyway, by now I have been retired for more than 20 years doing mostly what ever I wanted to. I am married (54 + years) so there have been some restrictions. I fished a lot so took up the hobby of writing for fishing magazines and belonged to the Northwest Outdoors Writers Assn for many years. Most of my stories were about bass fishing but there were some about steelhead, salmon and panfish.
I was intoduced to fishing by my Mother. She tells the story as I didn't recall it. We were very poor during the Great Depression and couldn't afford any fishing gear. Mom rigged me up with a small safty pin, grocery twine and a willow limb. With a worm for bait I guess we actually caught a few small fish, sculpin and crayfish from the small creek that ran through out farm.
Although I have fished for and caught most species of fish that swim in fresh and salt water in Washington Waters, the black bass has emerged as my favorite -- both largemouth and smallmouth. For many years I fished out of a canoe that I cartopped on my Alaskan Camper. A few years ago, the canoe had gained so much weight it became difficult for me to load and unload it. I gave it to one of my granddaughters. I still have a Bass Tracker bass boat that I bought in 1985 and a light weight fiberglass canoe/boat that I transport on a trailer.
I now live in Port Orchard and fish mostly in the Kitsap County and Mason County lakes. I fish alone a lot but have a few great fishing buddies including the Grand Puba of this site. May the fishing Gods smile on all of you.
Attachments
Long_Lk._05-05.jpg
Long_Lk._05-05.jpg (193.34 KiB) Viewed 4877 times
Long_Lk._Crappie.jpg
Long_Lk._Crappie.jpg (156.31 KiB) Viewed 4878 times
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:56 pm

It's a lucky guy that gets a day of fishing with Bob. Thanks buddy. :-)

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”