Fishing At Lake Sawyer... Boatless

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
FishingFool
Captain

Fishing At Lake Sawyer... Boatless

Post by FishingFool » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:51 pm

is it possible to fish this lake without a boat? Do they have a dock, or at least a nice shore to walk around and fine a spot on it?

See lots of good reports there and the gf and i want to catch some big ones.

cmessling07
Petty Officer

RE:Fishing At Lake Sawyer... Boatless

Post by cmessling07 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:32 am

they do have a little nice shore area next to the public boat launch. i think its 5 bucks to park in the boundaries but if you park down the street your fine. when you come towards the boat launch take a left and there is a few trails/stairs down to the shore. Your gonna need to cast pretty deep if you wanna get many fish

best of luck to you

FishingFool
Captain

Post by FishingFool » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:45 am

define deep/far. I can hit ~40yards with my 3/4 egg.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:04 pm

It has a little shore fishing, but on a hot day, dont bother, too many swimmers and boaters. I heard they have a camping resort on the lake, so maybe you can pay a few bucks to fish of there dock

cmessling07
Petty Officer

Post by cmessling07 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:21 am

youll def be okay if you can fling it that far. GPC is right, make sure you go early morning if you want some peace on the lake a good chance to catch some fish!