Pierce County Plantings

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Pierce County Plantings

Post by Toni » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Some trout planting

Harts Lake Mar 05 Rainbow 1,428 4.20 fish per pound Rainbow 1,872 3.50 fish per pound.

Kapowsin Lake Mar 05 Rainbow 4,000 4.20 fish per pound

Spanaway Lake Mar 05 Rainbow 4,000 4.20 fish per pound

Bradley Lake Mar 05 Rainbow 2,000 4.20 fish per pound
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Dustin07
Commodore

RE:Pierce County Plantings

Post by Dustin07 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:39 pm

I saw the Kapowsin lake plant, and had even called wdfw to find out for sure when it was going to happen... but the weekend I went out there to do something about it....... the waves were pushing 2ft and the wind was impossible to cast in. NASTY! might try again on my way home from cowlitz tomorrow.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:47 pm

The folks on the docks and shoreline @ Kapowsin have been having some success recently,so hopefully
with the added stocking,this will only up the odds.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Fishinrob went to Harts and he said he didn't catch anything. I told him the fish read WL.com and he is the fish slayer so they wouldn't come near him.
Weather depending I thought that I might go to Bradley Lake after work on Sunday and see if the poles I got for the grandkids work.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Denman
Petty Officer

Post by Denman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:17 am

what happened to Bonney Lake in Pierce County this season? They usually plant around 1,000 trout around Mar. 10th traditionally. Nothing this year? I live within 1 mile of the lake and usually fish it at this time of year. I've been there twice, and no fish...nothing for anyone else either that I've talked to.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:25 pm

They have yet to plant many of the lakes in King county that have been usually planted by this time. I think they are just a little behind this year...

ryan2202
Warrant Officer

Post by ryan2202 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:25 pm

I think budget has a lot to do with it, as well as weather conditions. I'm sure many of the lakes we're waiting for will be planted, but not like in the past. Also the weather needs to mellow out....its been a crazy transition from winter to spring so far this year and that might have a lot to do with the plantings.
Ryan

christopherbeebe
Warrant Officer

Post by christopherbeebe » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:19 pm

Jake Dogfish wrote:They have yet to plant many of the lakes in King county that have been usually planted by this time. I think they are just a little behind this year...
they just planted lake fenwick this morning i pulled up right as she was hosing them into the lake she said this plant was 1500. spring fishing has begun lol!!!
Fish Hard, Or Go Home!