Curious about the trout lakes

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bhuynh03
Angler

Curious about the trout lakes

Post by bhuynh03 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:49 pm

I live in Bellevue and have been fishing Lake Washington, Sammamish, Boren, Pine and Beaver pretty much all my life. Anybody got any ideas for Trout, Bass or Salmon nearby? I don't have a boat. Just trying to find something new. Thanks guys

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

RE:Curious about the trout lakes

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:51 pm

bhuynh03 wrote:I live in Bellevue and have been fishing Lake Washington, Sammamish, Boren, Pine and Beaver pretty much all my life. Anybody got any ideas for Trout, Bass or Salmon nearby? I don't have a boat. Just trying to find something new. Thanks guys
Lake Washington, Sammamish, Boren, Pine and Beaver, as you've mentioned above, would be my top 5 local lakes if I wanted to go "nearby" for trout and bass. I'm shorebound and live near Bellevue too.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:24 am

Phantom in Bellevue I believe has a fishing pier. Small lake experience, can't say much about the fishing.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:43 am

bhuynh03 wrote:I live in Bellevue and have been fishing Lake Washington, Sammamish, Boren, Pine and Beaver pretty much all my life. Anybody got any ideas for Trout, Bass or Salmon nearby? I don't have a boat. Just trying to find something new. Thanks guys
Get on google maps/earth and start searching for small ponds in the eastside area. Lots of little ponds that aren't named in the WashingtonLakes report archive that hold bass...

For trout: Green Lake is also nearby, there are some lakes up north near Mukilteo and Everett that are within a 45 minute drive that are worth checking out as well.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

TBear_fishin
Petty Officer

Post by TBear_fishin » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:59 am

Got onto Google and looked around. I found what looks to be a very good spiny ray lake called Arrow. It is located just south of Normandy Park near Mar Vista Park. It appears to be perhaps a private lake; for homes surround the entire lakeshore. Do any of WL members have any knowledge of this lake? Better yet does anyone know of access, privileges, etc.?