What is your favorite bait/lure for Lingcod

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
panfisher
Captain

RE:What is your favorite bait/lure for Lingcod

Post by panfisher » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:39 am

i have fished below deception pass from the beach below the bridge using a 16 ft pole and a 2oz jig with a white 6"twister tail. caught many 10-15 pounders, the best time was about an hour before to an hour after the tide change. had several biggies on as the current started to pick up speed, all i could do was watch my line strip off. across to the other side was a kelp bed great for greenling. i used pileworms for them.

Fishin_Freak
Angler

RE:What is your favorite bait/lure for Lingcod

Post by Fishin_Freak » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:57 pm

The bigger the bait the greater the chance for BIG fish. Down south we used big white jigs and 12-16 ounces with a whole live or fresh dead squid. That or glow in the dark curly tailed jigs with a 12-16 ounce jig head. If you cant find what you need up here try either Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's. The one thing I noticed is the lack of a real fishing show up here.

Go to www.fredhall.com ,he has 2 shows in CA. Its usually in March.