Lake roosevelt

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Kelcey
Petty Officer

Lake roosevelt

Post by Kelcey » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:04 pm

Hey! I went to Lake Roosevelt (sp?) last week. And did some fishing, not too mush but here are a few pictures.
Attachments
roosevelt033.jpg
roosevelt033.jpg (259.49 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
roosevelt035.jpg
roosevelt035.jpg (279.32 KiB) Viewed 1643 times
roosevelt034.jpg
roosevelt034.jpg (272.08 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisB
Captain

RE:Lake roosevelt

Post by ChrisB » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:16 pm

Nice looking fish Kelcey. How would you compare Banks to Roosevelt?? Do they sort of fish the same, I never been to Roosevelt thats why I'm asking. I'll be at Roosevelt the end of July for a club T.
aka Powerworm

Kelcey
Petty Officer

Post by Kelcey » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:23 pm

Thank you! I have no idea... But good Luck! Bring sunscreen (really) and bug spray!

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:16 pm

chris, my club had a tourny there last month. i would have been there but it was mother's day so....

it sounds like the lake is absolutely loaded with fish, and like banks most are on the smaller side. from what i gathered most of the keeper fish weighed in were about 2lbs. 11 members got over 19lbs for 2 days and only a couple people didn't limit so it sounds pretty good to me! rat-l-traps, cranks, grubs, tubes, lizards...they all caught their share of fish.

man i wish i could have been there! =p~

skeeter bassin
Lieutenant

Post by skeeter bassin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:37 am

Cookie cutter fish all over the lake Chris. Larger fish can be tough to find. Fished in August last year for club trny and caught over 50 fish each day, but struggled to get a limit of legal fish.

Went through a spool each day on the drop shot rods, having to re-tie due to the little ones constantly twisting up the line. Didnt matter what ya used, they would tear anything up.
When you think you know it all, its time to quit. Knowledge should be gained on every trip.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:57 pm

Thanks for the info. I've only fished Banks once, and I figured Roosevelt kinda fished the same. We'll see how it goes.
aka Powerworm

GJorgy
Warrant Officer

Post by GJorgy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:01 am

Nice fish Kelcey! Wish I could get my wife to fish with me. (It's too cold/hot/slimy/early/late...you get the idea). Gotta love those smallies!
George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."