Private land question

All things related to hunting.
kantill
Warrant Officer

Private land question

Post by kantill » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:42 pm

Sorry for this post I can't find the answer quickly enough on the web.

Do you need a permit to hunt deer on private land if the owner has given the written permission to do so?
Need tech support? I can Help!
http://www.crossloop.com/KellyAntill

swedefish4life1
Admiral

RE:Private land question

Post by swedefish4life1 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Permit#-o as in hunting the State license????:-#

This one gets sticky many Private Camps:-& #-o and I would not call it upland bird hunting they release tame lame birds right in front of you , tell you were they were released and then you stand on them to even get them up #-o these hunts you do not but its far from sporting or bird hunting.

Now a guy with a Private Ranch and farm he works and you know there are Deer or Elk on it you go say hello at the door he says feel free just leave it as you found it you still need all the regular hunting state Licenses to hunt:cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sharpshooter223
Warrant Officer

Post by sharpshooter223 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:49 pm

short answer, yes, you need a license and special permit for anything other than normal seasons. the only time you dont is if you are hunting on a game preserve which are different than just private land. so yes you need a license and permit if its not a normal season.

salmonfinder
Petty Officer

Post by salmonfinder » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dont hate cause i willl bonk more fish than you!

salmonfinder
Petty Officer

Post by salmonfinder » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:24 pm

kantill wrote:Sorry for this post I can't find the answer quickly enough on the web.

Do you need a permit to hunt deer on private land if the owner has given the written permission to do so?

just need you hunting license and proper tags!!!!!!!!and make sure you hunt only what is in season and what you got tags for.......but always check regs to know what how many points you can shoot.....all gmus are diff.....1 point min,2 point min 3 point min things like that....and always carry that note on you while hunting.....you pack it in than you pack it out........

kantill
Warrant Officer

Post by kantill » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Thanks for the feed back here is what the WDFW said when they answered my email:

If you are heading to a game farm and hunting just what that farm raises then you are ok to hunt without a license if they say that you don’t need one. If you are just going out to a friend’s property and hunting anything then you would have to have a hunting license
Need tech support? I can Help!
http://www.crossloop.com/KellyAntill

salmonfinder
Petty Officer

Post by salmonfinder » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:13 pm

kantill wrote:Thanks for the feed back here is what the WDFW said when they answered my email:

If you are heading to a game farm and hunting just what that farm raises then you are ok to hunt without a license if they say that you don’t need one. If you are just going out to a friend’s property and hunting anything then you would have to have a hunting license
but all was stated private land......so it would be have your license......where are game farms around here anyways?

Return to “Hunting Topics - Sponsored By Mar Don Resort Duck Taxi”