hoh advise

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
salmonfinder
Petty Officer

hoh advise

Post by salmonfinder » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:49 pm

hi all iam new to this board.......well me and a few guys have plans for the hoh next saturday.....out of 4 of us only 1 guy has fished this river......we will be banking it due to the fact we dont have a boat......so one of my questions are is banking pretty easy on this river?how are people doing?iam just looking for maybe some tips to fish this river....thank you
tight lines!!!!!!!!!!!11
dont hate cause i willl bonk more fish than you!

jsmith78
Petty Officer

RE:hoh advise

Post by jsmith78 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:43 pm

I fished the SolDuc on saturday with no luck. My first ever attempt at steelhead fishing. Saw a man cleaning a steelhead in the river. I asked if he caught it just then as I was away down river. He said that it was caught over on the Hoh by the lone girl in there group of 3. She was using a pink corky that was it. It was a 10-15lb native would be my guess. They fished the Duc for a little bit with no bites and left. I hope that helps you. Tight Lines..

salmonfinder
Petty Officer

Post by salmonfinder » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:58 pm

thank you i believe they posted a pic up here on the reports section!!!!!!i herd news from a guide dont waste your gas!!!!!so we will see come end of week!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi salmonfinder, I think I know you. Did you do real time salmon reports from the Nisqually on another site? I have heard that we need rain for the fishing in the rivers to pick up. So it will depend on where the rain has got to. Please come back and report your success or lack of it in the river section.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

salmonfinder
Petty Officer

Post by salmonfinder » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:23 pm

yup thats me :salut: as of the moment they banned me from that site lol....still trying to get my ban lifted!!!!!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:33 pm

salmonfinder wrote:yup thats me :salut: as of the moment they banned me from that site lol....still trying to get my ban lifted!!!!!

You just needed some time to cool down, before you posted, after some remarks that were made toward you. I thought some of them are uncalled for. Not just toward you but others, that posted on this site, that were talked about on that site. I have been thinking about how just a couple bad remarks can ruin the whole experence.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

salmonfinder
Petty Officer

Post by salmonfinder » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:07 pm

yeah its kool!!!!!

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:38 pm

Fished the Hoh many many years and if gave up the Best ever to my Pops who guided her and lived off her for years.:cheers:
I fished right n the rainforest in a drift boat and any day was 4-6 fish days if she was in !!!
Toads late = there all teens and 20's:cyclopsan :eye: Kings as well to 50lbs:cheers:

That Steelhead will not be defeated:-$ :cheers:
Attachments
Daddios_monster_metal_2nd_to_none!.jpg
Daddios_monster_metal_2nd_to_none!.jpg (60.12 KiB) Viewed 2131 times
50lber_club_cory_o.jpg
50lber_club_cory_o.jpg (109.78 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

salmonfinder
Petty Officer

Post by salmonfinder » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:11 pm

once again more teaser pics:jocolor:

Hooky
Angler

Post by Hooky » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:59 am

I've been to the hoh before. All bank access too. If you take 101 south out of forks, before you cross the hoh on a bridge you will see a sign for cottonwood campground... (oil city road) Take a right. A small wood sign marks the camp ground about a mile or so down road. (left hand side) You can get to the river back behind the campground and work a lot of gravel bar. I've had luck there. Another spot... if you skip the camp ground and continue down oil city road for awhile you will see a couple of lone houses one across from one another just after a small bridge going over a creek. You can use turn out just past them (short and muddy w/ mail box) I've had luck above and below these houses just walking the road and getting up and down to the river where you can. Keep driving and walk down where ever you can towards the mouth. You aren't far from the ocean so I try to be there on incoming tides for fresh fish. Fish big baits and short leaders to get your presentations in the zone quickly behind wood/boulders. Also, if you google (angelfire nw fishing) then follow steps to washington river reports they normally update it every 3 days or so with the latest word from local tackle shops. Haven't fished in the park so can't help you there.

salmonfinder
Petty Officer

Post by salmonfinder » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:31 pm

thank you i wrote that down and iam gonna give it to our driver :cheers:

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Salmonfinder:-$ you want another Easy stacking and wacking hole right where the (Bogy/Bogyachiel River and Calawah River meet):-$ :cheers: Many days if your the 1st angler in your the 1st angler out!!:chef: :bounce:

This hole and spot has given up thousands of fish:-$
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

salmonfinder
Petty Officer

Post by salmonfinder » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:08 pm

sweet thank you!!!!!i will post a report when i get back tomorrow
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:22 pm

good luck
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

salmonfinder
Petty Officer

Post by salmonfinder » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:14 am

worked that river up and down and nothing.......seen the drifters catching the fish owell maybe nexttime