custom steelhead rod

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
curado
Admiral

custom steelhead rod

Post by curado » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:27 pm

off topic but in topic at the same time. anyone have any ideas for a custom rod. i am in a class and want to mke a 8'6" g loomis that is custom but have two main ideas normal rear grip or a split rear grip any ideas would be helpful#-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

Drewp
Commander

RE:custom steelhead rod

Post by Drewp » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:22 am

Sounds like you got it narrowed down to what you want - just gotta pulll the trigger, son! :cheers:
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:24 pm

yeah mifht as well make a loomis that everyone asks who makes it and reply to that question with this answer me hehe;)
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:20 pm

my g loomis is coming along great and i will be posting pics of the finished product.

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:40 am

I am looking forward to seeing your rod...I found a site that has pictures of a couple thousand custom rods.

http://www.fishingphotos.net/photopost/ ... ize=medium .... If you haven't seen this site before, you will be surprised at the fantastic fishing rods here. They also have a section on the rod making shops that these people have.

I have decided to make a Rainshadow 10'8" Switch rod 8 wt by Batson Industries in Sequim Wa. I have a g.loomis steel-head rod and a lamaglas and a Older Fenwick. I like the ol' Fenwick as well as the graphite ones. I am sure you picked a rod that will make you happy. Hope to see yours and the fish you catch. I am not going to even start mine for another couple of weeks. Good Luck, Steve

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:41 pm

oh yeah i am happy how it is comming out

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:53 pm

G= Loomis 6 of them (GL-3 1025 STR$ = fast action 2 same model in spinning one of the best overall Rod's ever made):cheers: that covers almost anything. ( 2= STR IM6 10255$ fast action Loomis) Great stuff and 14 Lamiglas from downrigger to Halibut action
6 differnt noodle rods to 12ft 6 to 14'6 and about 35 others dusters= shimanos, berkleys, and 4 home made I love and a few creek short Lamiglas for brush and one custom Sage Fly Puffer$!

Keep it up= Great Project Curado and show me some Beef Soon you guys are killing me slowly!:bounce: :cheers:
Showing and leading other youth by making better choices makes you a STUD!!!:bball: :-$

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:38 pm

i live to learn and teach others what i have learned. building a rod is another life goals i can mark off my list. and swede if you ever have a rod or reel tahat needs a new home let me know. Tight lines
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:50 pm

That day is coming faster then the start sure did=
E-mail me your goodies I will= Get you one of my GL-3 and one of my custom Noodle rods after the dirt hits the Swede
My daughter gets the other Loomis stuff and gear and a few buds break up the mounts, guns and smashing Swords :bom: :cheers:

No matter what the game or odds fight the white coats cannot gauge guts grit and passions:bounce:
Never say Never I can out fish the rest:eye:
The World is large seek it out almost every rock I did.
A perfect cast, seam or open ocean or Fight:eye: :cheers:
Awaits guys with Passions and not one man beat the Swede hand speed with power baby just the wrong DNA

(Father and Fish and Kids and Viking Warrior):colors: until the end will be all I need it to say and for all my old school buds who watched the Show=cupcakes and tools beware the Swede is on the feed:chef:

Never let anyone tell you living is hard Dieing and fighting it for years is Hard and fear passes my walls as well.

Fear not= were not done left still have the left hook to the liver and the Hammer Swede overhand right to the temple at least in my dreams I still do! :colors: #-o lol
Tight Lines Fish on!!!
Truth at age 2 was a tub and tanker and it really blew by watch the rain smell the flowers and watch every sunset you can
Attachments
scan0112.jpg
scan0112.jpg (122.82 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:18 pm

this world is losing fisherman and hunters not from death but from people not getting out on the water or in the back woods to experience what we used to have to do to feed families and provied for the family. iam proud to be a hunter and fisherman. Tight lines Fish on.

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:34 pm

the rod is complete the first trip under its belt and the tip is lighter than a lamiglas i have that is the same action and power.:cheers:
Attachments
custom_rod.jpg
custom_rod.jpg (206.5 KiB) Viewed 2159 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:01 pm

Thata BOY FAST BALL RIGHT INTO THE LIGHTS!!!:-$ :cheers:

Now stick some fish this deal is words and little fish#-o

Chrush me a chromer soon with the new stick:chef:

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:17 pm

will do i have 1 last day to try and get a fish on the new stick

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:21 pm

nice job there mate....
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:23 pm

Mommy dearest provides some $$$ fuel and I will make that a done deal on the Saukster :cheers: Y
You feel the flu coming on/sore and stiff yet lol Kid and not many get a ride in the fish Whore truck!!! LOL
Attachments
_BONICS-041.jpg
_BONICS-041.jpg (79.11 KiB) Viewed 2136 times

blufin loui
Lieutenant

Post by blufin loui » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:30 pm

WAY to go curado, the first of many to come. Very nice job.
Kudos Sweedie, go stretch some lips. :cheers:

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:40 pm

i might have to take you up on that swede. fish on.

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:24 pm

Talk Talk , Talk never any fish but by one:-#

Lets get a look at what the weather will do with the rain to this little system in the next few days then will get NOCLOTHES1 just North to Join us on this as well and get 3 pigs laid out!!!

Remember there is zero fish#-o who's punch card am I using Kid?:eye: :colors: :clown:
Oh there nates anyway:cheers:

I will put you 2 on 3-6 great seams film all then I go to work on the last stand hole to finish the game and you guys film and No spawned out snakes Wild hogs and I will suggest 12lbs main Clear Treasure Z and 12lbs floracarbon=leaders Maxima

I have some BS blood draws in the am and if I am still vampire level its fish on!:chef:
Puff balls, pink worms, yarn balls, smaller watermelon and candycane corkies and yarn combo's and bonics 101 :cheers:
Sliding slinkies, floats and I will press some bigger brighter flies as well

I can feel your sore throat from here!!!??? LOL:-$ :-# :colors: :cheers: Temp about 101 and Growing?#-o :-" :-({|= :^o

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:41 pm

i got 12lbs izorline green but can pick up some more flourocarbon in 12lbs or 10. how big of spools are the treasure z in i have a curado 300 that loves good line. it would have to be a weekend though.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:06 am

For the best place I could find for pictures of fishing rods... Thousands of rod pictures... www.mudhole.com Go to the photo section and they have sections for poles, equipment, handles and more. Plan on staying there for a while....It's a heck of a cool site. Your pole is looking good. Good Luck, Steve

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.