Dead lake?

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
squidbo63
Petty Officer

Dead lake?

Post by squidbo63 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:20 am

Went fishing with to of my buddies to Spring lake.
I always catch perch here no matter what, but there was no sign of any fish what so ever?
Did notice that the moon phase for 6-23-07 was at it's lowest?
Do any of you guys know how much the moon really effects fishing?
I'm totally perplexed, never been skunked at this lake in over 18 years of fishing it?:-({|=

gpc
Admiral

RE:Dead lake?

Post by gpc » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:19 pm

The moon phases are weird. I get the NAFC magazine sent to me. In this magazine they have the moon phases for a 2 month period. I don't really plan my fishing around the times, but when I get back from a weekend of fishing I kind of "study" the weekend, check pressure levels, write all the fishing info down, check out all the stocking reports again, etc. But one of the things I do is check the moon phases and the one in that magazine is pretty accurate, in fact really accurate. But its weird because I get a number of different fishing magazines every month, and the moon phases, in each magazine, are all different. Also my girlfriends grandfather only fishes during the minor and major, and wont put a pole in the water unless its those times

squidbo63
Petty Officer

RE:Dead lake?

Post by squidbo63 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:16 pm

Thanks for the input, I think I'll study up on this a little more, and like you take some notes.
SB

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”