In anticipation of summer...

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bro-Rando
Petty Officer

In anticipation of summer...

Post by Bro-Rando » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:31 pm

I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but I'm more than ready for summer to be here at this point. My question is, when the pinks start running, area there any good beaches to fish from between Everett and Seattle. I live in Seattle and Work in Everett, so I'm just looking for a spot I can stop in for an hour or so in the evenings. Also, I should know this, but when do the pinks start to come in? And once again... Are they serious with this smiley :safe: ?
Certainty is for those who have learned and believed only one truth...

swedefish4life1
Admiral

RE:In anticipation of summer...

Post by swedefish4life1 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:12 pm

Take a Picnic to the point!:-# :-$ PP Incoming tides fly, spinner, spoon or a cupcake:colors: :cheers:
Why wait for summer#-o run for Sequim = Mid channel:bounce: :bigsmurf: :brilsmurf

PP= cutts, coho, pinks even a rare Kinger fish just off the Creek near the drop we slide by there often and always hook up just N of Browns bay to the Shipwreck and Picnic point smack dead in the center of the Show!!!:chef: :bounce:

Many years we get the Special finger:colors: from the puffer crowd when the tub yells fish on!!!:cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Bro-Rando wrote: area there any good beaches to fish from between Everett and Seattle. I live in Seattle and Work in Everett, so I'm just looking for a spot I can stop in for an hour or so in the evenings.?
Mike,

I fish from Carkeek a lot all year. Last year (of course that wasn't a pink year) the most active time for resident silvers was March/April) I only went trolling once for pinks and did get one right off of Carkeek. I'm just saying that it's a descent beach depending on the time of year/and what is coming through. People like Lincoln park also. The reason I like Carkeek better is that there isn't as many people walking on the beach as there is at Lincoln or Shilshoe.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:02 pm

Right her and a 24.5 lb silver/Coho died right out in front of you:-$ beachers 2005 all this talk:colors: lets see the fish that relates to the puddying :cheers: or were just talking kites and beach walks!:colors: Talk talk talk lets see the fish!:bounce: :chef: Creek runs right near the walking bridge and I saw a puffer guy late land a 12lb plus silver from the beach with the puffer stick.

We gave him a Standing OOOOOOOO:cheers:
Attachments
20lbcoho2006.jpg
20lbcoho2006.jpg (16.12 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
PPPPPPPPPPP.jpg
PPPPPPPPPPP.jpg (149.56 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:08 pm

You have three good ambush points between Everett and Seattle. I won't even talk about the bad mannered mob scene at the mouth of the Duamish. Picnic Point is good but the floting salad can be a real pain. Meadowdale Park is more of a walk, but it can also keep your rod bent. Carkeek can be good if the fish are in range. Plus on the right tide, particularly if it coincides with daylight, kings and silvers are in range at all three.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life's short - fish hard!

Bro-Rando
Petty Officer

Post by Bro-Rando » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:44 pm

Swede, I certainly know the perks of being on a boat. I worked the area nine test fishery for WDFW last summer and definitely wish i could do that every day. Unfortunately, my 8.55$ hourly wage working for the Washington Conservation Corps doesn't afford me the opportunity to spend much time to get out on the water... Also, I like your PP pic. I do restoration work down there. That monstrosity of a house with the glassed in spiral staircase over on the left is for sale if anyone has a few extra million laying around... Heck, with this economy I was thinking of making them an offer!!!

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:30 am

So you know (Toby) fishes and checks for the State he has inspected a few kills from me:cheers: Good kid and lad:cheers: Runs a tricked out toyota pickup and lives to fish and works to fish!!! LOL

Were out of here boat waiting at the Marina next stop John Wayne Marina:cheers: one of my heros!!!
Derby time tools and cupcakes beware the Swede is on the Feed and 2 boats loaded with Pirates:eye: :cyclopsan :brilsmurf
Attachments
70lber_show_me_the_.1.jpg
70lber_show_me_the_.1.jpg (81.83 KiB) Viewed 1924 times
carpet-23.jpg
carpet-23.jpg (50.84 KiB) Viewed 1924 times

Bro-Rando
Petty Officer

Post by Bro-Rando » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Yeah, Toby's a great guy. Wasn't too bad spending the summer hangin with him. Good luck this weekend (although I know that for you luck has nothing to do with it)... Oh and be safe :safe:

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:00 pm

swede you look like a wrestler from the WWF in that pic with the mount lol.
fish on!

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:39 pm

If you can ever hop the ferry at Mukilteo, several beaches along the west side of Whidbey Island offer awesome beach fishing for pinks if you hit the tides right. The afternoon high tides are always productive in August and into September, where more and more Coho show as the Pinks thin out....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Gonefishing
Commander

Post by Gonefishing » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:42 am

I was going to ask how is Bush point for Pinks --- I know it can be good for Silvers. I'm going to try Picnic Point and if I get the handicapped parking permit - I might try meadowdale cause that walk down is llllloong if you have fishing gear with you....

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:55 am

Gonefishing wrote:I was going to ask how is Bush point for Pinks --- I know it can be good for Silvers. I'm going to try Picnic Point and if I get the handicapped parking permit - I might try meadowdale cause that walk down is llllloong if you have fishing gear with you....
PM me Gonefishing if ya got any questions, and I'll be glad to help you out. I'm up on the Island about 3 months of the year, usually fishing every day I'm up there....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:34 am

I don't think it's ever too early to talk about the pink salmon season in Washington State. I live for the pink season and fish it hard when they start showing up in the Sound. As A9 said, in August the pinks start showing up in the Sound. It seems like it's usually late August, and they seem to be in the salt until maybe the third week of September before they thin out and have made their way into the rivers which are also fun to fish for them using a trout rod. So you might consider fishing the Snohomish River for an hour or two when you are in the Everett area. it's a good time fishing these 4 to maybe 7 pound salmon on a medium/heavy trout rod and some 10 pound test mono. Langus Park has a dock and there are a few other bank spots on Lowell Larimer Road just east of I-5 in Everett. Good luck.

Smalma
Warrant Officer

Post by Smalma » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:12 am

look for the humpy fest in the eastern portion Marine area 9 to start about August 10th with favorable high tides in the AM and again after work on the 10th.

Can look for action a week or so earlier on the west shores of Whidbey and full blown action through out Puget Sound by mid-August. Hear that the lots of fish (millions) are expected to return this year to the Puget Sound rivers.

Have fun
Curt