Camping and Fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
jsmith78
Petty Officer

Camping and Fishing

Post by jsmith78 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:34 pm

It is that time of year when our family starts thinking about our camping trips. What are some of your favorite campgrounds with good fishing? What is your Favorite way to cook your catch at camp? What is your favorite camp food? It would be nice to hear what everyone has to say since everyone has differing things they like.

qwerfdsa12345
Petty Officer

RE:Camping and Fishing

Post by qwerfdsa12345 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:45 pm

What type of fishing do you do?

jsmith78
Petty Officer

Post by jsmith78 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:42 pm

trout mainly want to try some bass

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:56 pm

one place i really like is grandy , off the baker lake highway nice camping right on the lake and great fishing at least it used to be bass and lots of cutts pm me if you want to know more about the place
fish on!

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:59 pm

jsmith78,
Check out this link; HERE
My favorite thing in the world is to camp and fish on the same trip. Marshall Lake on Father's Day weekend in Eastern Washington is just such a trip. It's OK to keep a few fish and fry them up in camp. My favorite camp food is Fried Trout-Hash Browns-Corn on the Cob. Then sit around the campfire, totty in hand, and tell all the lies you can think of.

Hope to see you there,
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Joe great picture of the lake:bounce: :chef:

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:32 pm

i had a good time off icicle creek in leavenworth last year. took the whole family, even my 3 year old and didn't have any problems
I won't kill anything less than a meal

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:36 pm

My absolute favorite is Staircase Campgrounds...the maintenance of the grounds is what I still remember as a child..so pristine and pure. From your area, pretty close to where you live...I love this place, it is like I said pure- it is innocent. It is first come first serve, but if want an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life, please, try this spot...it will take years off your life.
"One more......."

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:45 pm

Remote and pure:cheers: :colors:
Cold on the puffer rod and wood stove though:cheers:
Attachments
DSC00068.JPG
DSC00068.JPG (50.03 KiB) Viewed 3049 times
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa555555.jpg
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa555555.jpg (38.11 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basshunter048
Petty Officer

Post by Basshunter048 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:51 pm

OOOOOOOO to many places, not enough time.... Spring time Mar Don Resort and Walleye and Bass, Lake Mary Ronan in Montana for Kokanne, Anyplace on Roosevelt for Bass and Walleyes. Locally here in the Summer for Largemouth and Panfish, Then in the Fall gotta go with Hells Gate State Park in Lewiston and Steelhead fish with a little smallmouth bass action to be thrown in. make great food and have some good beverages no matter what it is. Last fall my son and I caught Crawdads from the snake river and made cajin crawdads yyyyuuummmmyyyy. Its just getting out away from work and the hustle and bustle of the main flow and just get away and relax!!!!:cheers:

Basshunter048
Petty Officer

Post by Basshunter048 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:52 pm

OOOOOOOO to many places, not enough time.... Spring time Mar Don Resort and Walleye and Bass, Lake Mary Ronan in Montana for Kokanne, Anyplace on Roosevelt for Bass and Walleyes. Locally here in the Summer for Largemouth and Panfish, Then in the Fall gotta go with Hells Gate State Park in Lewiston and Steelhead fish with a little smallmouth bass action to be thrown in. make great food and have some good beverages no matter what it is. Last fall my son and I caught Crawdads from the snake river and made cajin crawdads yyyyuuummmmyyyy. Its just getting out away from work and the hustle and bustle of the main flow and just get away and relax!!!!:cheers:

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:07 pm

swedefish4life1 wrote:Remote and pure:cheers: :colors:
Cold on the puffer rod and wood stove though:cheers:
ok- Swede, that right there is right out of Al Gore "inconvenient truth...." you are da man! :bounce: :bounce:
"One more......."

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:41 am

Oh man, I love these kind of threads..."Cabin Fever". I camp quite a bit and have several grounds
I enjoy. Lake Katchess is one we travel to often in search of kokanee,I normally cook the kokes
in a castiron pan over a campfire...throwing in a little butter and seasoning.

Staircase on Lake Cushman is excellent...usually searching for kokes too among other species.
Has great hiking trails too but I rarely camp here..our little lake property is just minutes down the road.

Our lake property is where I spend most of summer "free" time but not sure if I can call it camping...we have power
and water. Theres kokanee in here but stocking is rare..so I normally C&R any fish,here I'm usually fishing for bass,crappie
or trout.

Heres a pic from the dock....Bring on the warmer weather!!! I want to go camping.

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:34 pm

this summers going to be great
I won't kill anything less than a meal

Geoffrey Ring
Petty Officer

Post by Geoffrey Ring » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:59 am

Ah man, i'm soo ready for warm weather again! I am DONE with snow! bring on the shorts and sandals. :P
Usually when I go camping I head up the Entiat River, cuz thats where I live, and do some small stream fly fishing on the North Fork. But once a year I make sure to head up to Lake Curlew for a few days and just chillax and get a sweet fisherman's tan^^ Last year I had my last final exam on the June 18th from 10-12, after that I went straight home and pakced all my camping stuff and that night I spent the night camping under the stars @ curlew. That was sooo nice, just getting away from life for a few days. Especially since the day I left was the day an exchange student I had gotten to be good friends with left for Germany. sad day ='[
so I was in such a rush to get up to the lake that I forgot what kind of mix I packed in a ziplock baggie, it was either pancake mix or biscuit mix... so I wasnt sure how to make it, so I call it the 'bis-cake'

XD good times...good times^^

this summer I might be staying and working in Stehekin, which would mean lots of camping and fishing and general outdoors-y-ness. but we'll see.

Aye can haz somer nowz?

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:08 am

Don't forget the birkenstocks and wool sox!!!! for all the visitors please remember the deodorant. Have a great time there! it's wonderful country.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:49 pm

that looks like a nasty pancake
fish on!

jsmith78
Petty Officer

Post by jsmith78 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:39 pm

Anybody been to Steamboat Rock SP or Sun Lakes SP? How was it? My favorite camp food is a good BBQ steak, corn on the cob and bushes baked beans, or a chili cooked over the fire.

clarkbre
Petty Officer

Post by clarkbre » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:49 pm

I think my best camping/fishing trip was at Lake Hancock in July of '07. My wife's family friends have a small cabin up there with limited utilities. A good steak and a Coors Light finished the day out nicely.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:04 pm

i love lake cushman going again in july.
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone