Husky Basketball

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Awoods
Warrant Officer

Husky Basketball

Post by Awoods » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:51 pm

I don't know how much you guys are into college hoops, but I'm a fan of husky basketball. I was'nt so into it last year, but this year they are a very exciting team to watch with Thomas and Dentmon opening things up for Brockman on the inside. It just seems really exciting especially since there are'nt any other teams in this state doing very well. I suppose half of this site is on the east side of Washington too though so Washington State fans? That team started off rough, but it looks like Bennet is finding the right combination to be back in a dominant position like last year.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Husky Basketball

Post by A9 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 pm

Awoods wrote:I don't know how much you guys are into college hoops, but I'm a fan of husky basketball. I was'nt so into it last year, but this year they are a very exciting team to watch with Thomas and Dentmon opening things up for Brockman on the inside. It just seems really exciting especially since there are'nt any other teams in this state doing very well. I suppose half of this site is on the east side of Washington too though so Washington State fans? That team started off rough, but it looks like Bennet is finding the right combination to be back in a dominant position like last year.
Big fan here as well...I get to about 10 games a year, and I'll be going to the upcoming bay area games cheering the Huskies on on the road (Cal and Stanford)

Dentmon has had such an up and down career, feel bad for the kid cause he's showed some flashes of brilliance and I'd love to see him finish the year going strong...His performance thus far this season is certainly a big contributor to why we are where we are...If him and Thomas can stay sharp and healthy all year they could be a Sweet 16 team...

Romar needs to get some big men in his recruiting classes, once Brockman is gone theres a big hole missing....

Bennett is a heck of a coach and despite the fact that I hate the Cougs and their sloooooow offense, Bennett is a great coach and he drills the fundamentals into his players real good....
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:09 am

:-$ Go Dawgs:cheers: and Brocks :-$ the beef that opens the rest they might make a run late but the bench support will be the key if that make a real run to Glory not the starting 5 which are strong.

Anybody have a big 7fter with soft hands!? LOL
My kids got game and hoops and attitude but might be lean on Grades and over on hair!:colors: :bball:
Attachments
taking_it_to_the_hole!!!!9999.jpg
taking_it_to_the_hole!!!!9999.jpg (76.53 KiB) Viewed 1588 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:19 pm

A9 wrote:
Dentmon has had such an up and down career, feel bad for the kid cause he's showed some flashes of brilliance and I'd love to see him finish the year going strong...His performance thus far this season is certainly a big contributor to why we are where we are...If him and Thomas can stay sharp and healthy all year they could be a Sweet 16 team...
no joke man but i wonder if he will end up like conroy playing euroball or some d-league somewhere.

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:17 pm

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! I'm gonna be going to be a freshman @ UW next year!! Future fisheries biologist with a minor in wildlife biology
Ozzie

"Do what you like. Like what you do."

<><

Awoods
Warrant Officer

Post by Awoods » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:47 pm

I'm trying to go to UW next year too. Though I'll be heading for the tacoma campus. More convenient lol. The husky bench support definently has potential. Justin Holiday is starting to get really productive. MBA is starting to get back down to reality, but we all know his potential. I can see good things from Overton in the future, but right now he's a little too erratic. Elston Turner is healty and he's really starting to heat up. Hopefully next year Abdul Gaddy can live up to his name and be a big contributer.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 pm

Their big test is to keep playing well on the road. They still have some tough conference games away from home, and if they keep winning on the road they could easily keep the lead in the Pac-10...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Awoods
Warrant Officer

Post by Awoods » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:56 pm

Indeed. I think they get UCLA, USC, Stanford, and Cal on the road this half. All very good teams and will most likely be close games. Hopefully we can get a split in the upcoming road trip (Stanford and Cal) although they are capable of getting the sweep and then coming hope to sweep the oregon schools. Knock on wood fo course. lol