Cabelas in Yakima???

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
beerman1981
Commander

Cabelas in Yakima???

Post by beerman1981 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:05 pm

In Yakima, they are relocating the Costco store, and I have heard from a couple of sources that Cabelas is planning on putting a store in there. I find this very hard to believe, but have any of you heard this rumor as well? My wife will hate me if a Cabelas goes in -- it's right on my way home from work. I'll always be late going home, and we're going to be poor from my after work stops, haha!

Joe
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

RE:Cabelas in Yakima???

Post by Joe Heater » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:18 pm

They are putting one in Lacey, WA. The story is below. They also just put in a brand new Sportsman's Warehouse in Mt. Vernon, WA. It is a different world. I love it and the pocket book has been taking a beating ever since.

www.theolympian.com/news/story/50769.html

Good fishing.
Joe
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:20 pm

CABELA'S FINALIZES NEGOTIATIONS TO BUILD DESTINATION RETAIL STORE IN LACEY, WASHINGTON

SIDNEY, NE - Nov. 15, 2006 - Cabela's Incorporated (NYSE: CAB), the World's Foremost Outfitter® of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, announced today it has reached an agreement to build one of its destination superstores near the junction of I-5 and Marvin Road in Lacey, Washington, at the Lacey Gateway Project in the Hawks Prairie business district. Cabela's will submit a site plan application to the City of Lacey today according to company officials.

Experience a Cabela's Retail Store. Check out our store Photo Gallery and our Video Tour.

Cabela's anticipates the approximately 185,000-square-foot destination retail store will open as early as late fall of 2007. The Lacey store would be similar in size to Cabela's impressive retail stores in Kansas City, Kan., and Rogers, Minn. - large stores even by Cabela's standards.

"We know we have thousands of great customers in Washington and throughout the entire region, and we're excited about bringing a Cabela's store to Lacey," said Dennis Highby, Cabela's President and Chief Executive Officer. "Spending time outdoors hunting, fishing, hiking and camping is a part of the history and culture of Washington and the Pacific Northwest, and we know we will complement and benefit the community from both an economic and recreational perspective."

Lacey is an ideal location for a Cabela's destination superstore, Highby added.

"Tens of thousands of hunters, anglers and other visitors travel through the area every year in addition to the thousands of outdoor enthusiasts already living in the immediate area. Lacey is a dynamic, fast-growing city, and we expect our new store will add significantly to Lacey's attractiveness to tourists," said Highby. "We believe a Cabela's destination retail store will be an ideal match for Lacey and all of Washington."

To operate a new store of this size, Cabela's expects to employ as many as 350 people from Lacey and the surrounding area, who will join the Cabela's family of employees famous for their excellent customer service, outdoor lifestyle and detailed knowledge of outdoor products. Product offerings will include hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating and wildlife watching gear, as well as outdoor clothing and outdoors-styled gifts and furnishings.

"The creation of a sense of place for the community and the use of innovative environmental designs have guided our vision for this unique development," said Tri Vo, president of Triway Enterprises and managing member of Hawks Prairie LLC, the developer of the project. "Conservation is at the center of Cabela's business philosophy which makes them a perfect anchor for this project."

Cabela's currently operates 18 retail locations. In 2006, the company has opened retail stores in Glendale, Ariz; Boise, Idaho.; Richfield, Wis., and La Vista, Neb. Cabela's has announced plans to open additional stores in East Hartford, Conn.; Hammond, Ind.; Hoffman Estates, Ill.; Gonzales, La.; Hazelwood, Mo; Reno, Nev.; Post Falls, Idaho; East Rutherford, N.J.; Adairsville, Ga.; Montreal, Quebec; and Wheat Ridge, Colo.

The Lacey, Washington, store will be built in Cabela's trademark style that re-creates the look and feel of the great outdoors inside of their impressive stores. Cabela's stores are known as top-notch educational and entertainment attractions, mixing a d&#eacute;cor of museum-quality animal displays with colorful dioramas, huge aquariums stocked with native fish and a centerpiece indoor mountain displaying trophy animals interacting in realistic re-creations of their natural habitats.

Innovatively designed and showcasing thousands of products from Cabela's world-famous catalog, the stores are known as top shopping and tourism destinations, drawing customers not only from the local area, but also from hundreds of miles away. Many traveling sportsmen and women are also attracted by the familiar Cabela's script logo and the Company's world-famous reputation for quality merchandise, value and extraordinary customer service.

Features of the Cabela's Lacey, Washington, store would include:

A towering mountain replica, the centerpiece of the store's open showroom, with running waterfalls and streams, a trout pond and trophy animals in re-creations of their distinct habitats. Similar mountains, each called Conservation Mountain, have been built in other Cabela's stores as monuments to wildlife and salutes to the sportsmen and women who support wildlife conservation.
A gigantic, walk-through, freshwater aquarium stocked with fish native to the area.
Museum-quality representations of many wild-game species.
A deli-style restaurant will feature delicious wild-game sandwiches, as well as tamer fare.
World-class Gun Library, providing gun collectors and aficionados the opportunity to browse through a collection of examples of the gun-making art.
Shooting gallery providing fun along with the opportunity to learn basic shooting skills in a safe environment.
Indoor archery range where archers can test and fine-tune their equipment.
Bargain Cave, featuring discount prices on returned and discontinued merchandise.
A sun-drenched atrium interior featuring authentic fieldstone accents and wood furnishings.
Beautifully landscaped grounds featuring native trees and plants.

About Cabela's Incorporated
Cabela's Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is the world's largest direct marketer, and a leading specialty retailer, of hunting, fishing, camping and related outdoor merchandise. Since the Company's founding in 1961, Cabela's® has grown to become one of the most well-known outdoor recreation brands in the world, and has long been recognized as the World's Foremost Outfitter®. Through Cabela's well-established direct business and its growing number of destination retail stores, it offers a wide and distinctive selection of high-quality outdoor products at competitive prices while providing superior customer service. Cabela's also issues the Cabela's Club® VISA credit card, which serves as its primary customer-loyalty rewards program.

Caution Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Statements in this press release that are not historical or current fact are "forward-looking statements" that are based on the Company's beliefs, assumptions and expectations of future events, taking into account the information currently available to the Company. Such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, the Company's statements regarding the construction and anticipated opening date of a destination retail store in Lacey, Washington, and the construction of destination retail stores in other locations. Forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations of future results that the Company expresses or implies in any forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: the ability to negotiate favorable purchase, lease, and/or economic development arrangements for destination retail store locations; increasing competition in the outdoor segment of the sporting goods industry; supply and delivery shortages or interruptions; delays in traffic planning and/or road construction around new destination retail stores; the ability to secure required governmental permits and approvals, adverse weather conditions; adverse economic conditions causing a decline in discretionary consumer spending; labor shortages or increased labor costs; operational and regulatory challenges involved in opening and operating a destination retail store in Canada; the cost of fuel increasing; increased government regulation; other factors that the Company may not have currently identified or quantified; and other risks, relevant factors and uncertainties identified in the Company's filings with the SEC (inc
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

bigastrout
Commander

Post by bigastrout » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:46 pm

beerman1981 wrote:In Yakima, they are relocating the Costco store, and I have heard from a couple of sources that Cabelas is planning on putting a store in there. I find this very hard to believe, but have any of you heard this rumor as well? My wife will hate me if a Cabelas goes in -- it's right on my way home from work. I'll always be late going home, and we're going to be poor from my after work stops, haha!

Joe

I heard that too... But where is Costco going I can't think of any new buildings in that area? I don't know if I believe it.
Read The Reg's And Pick Up Someones Trash Since They Can't

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:59 pm

Lacey Cabela's! Sweet! I love Cabela's. Except the fact that once I walk out of one I usaully have tapped out my bank account.
Now we (WA) just need to get a Bass Pro Shops and we'll be set.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:06 pm

bigastrout wrote:
beerman1981 wrote:In Yakima, they are relocating the Costco store, and I have heard from a couple of sources that Cabelas is planning on putting a store in there. I find this very hard to believe, but have any of you heard this rumor as well? My wife will hate me if a Cabelas goes in -- it's right on my way home from work. I'll always be late going home, and we're going to be poor from my after work stops, haha!

Joe

I heard that too... But where is Costco going I can't think of any new buildings in that area? I don't know if I believe it.
New Costco is going in on the extended part of Valley Mall Boulavard, right by R & R beverage, right before 3rd avenue... I work just up the road at ray's meats. They have the ground all level and are ready to build.

Joe
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:19 am

When it comes to opening the doors at Cabelas I'll be waiting in the lot with a credit card warming ever so slightly between my grabby little fingers drooling uncontrolably. :cheers: o:) =d> 8-[ :cheers:
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

littleriver
Commander

Post by littleriver » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:15 am

Finally the retail industry discovers that's there's men out here..

If you go to a typical mall 80 to 90 percent of the stores will be primarily or exclusively focused on selling women's products.

If you turn on the Telly to watch major network day time or evening programs it's pretty much the same thing.

I think most guys figured this out some time ago and said to heck with it and bought a boat. They spend their evening rigging the boat and gear and their vacation and weekend time out on the water. The television may be turned on now and again to watch a football game in the fall but that's only if the weather's bad or they got home early with their limits.... and when the wife wants some serious recreational time we send her on a Cruise (sort of like I'm doing with my wife and daughter this summer)

I hope all these new outlets do well. Was in the new sportsman's warehouse in Lacey on saturday and it was pretty busy. I used to always do my shopping for fishing and outdoor stuff at Bob's in Longview because that was the closest place to go. Bob's is a good store, but it's nice to finally have some other options...

I hadn't realized that Cabela's is such a major force in this market. Always thought Bass Pro Shops dominated the field even though I've bought quite a bit of stuff from both via their catalogs over the years. My only trip to a Cabela's retail outlet was in Duluth Minnesota about 10 years ago... It was definitely a nice store
Fish doesn't smell "fishy" because it's fish. Fish smells "fishy" when it's rotten.

dbaker
Petty Officer

Post by dbaker » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:32 am

Cabelas is very popular. The sell a ton of items online. I am a supervisor for UPS and we see a bunch of Cabelas packages every day.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:31 am

DBaker,
You're so right! Yet, walking in the door fingering the articles, talking with the staff. Totally different experience than buying online. You've probably handled some of the many packages that have made it from them to me because I'm normally an internet shopper, I hate malls and only go downtown when I have to.
Going to a Cabelas store is something every outdoor person must experience. It's like REI for people that like guns, fishing, dogs, 4X4s and boats without the snobbery and attitude. Multiply it times 1000!!!!!! Just the atmosphere is something that must be revelled in.

Shane
Petty Officer

Post by Shane » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:40 pm

They are going to put one in lacey,wa. My dad was going to put the flooring in but we had to much going on. I belive that it is going to open in september or october. They are compareing it to there bigest store which is in st.louse, mo. There saying the store is going to be the socend bigist at 180,000sq ft. They will have indoor semimars and fish tanks with native fish to Wa. I have not heard of any other ones coming to Wa.

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:30 pm

I grew up going to the Bass Pro Springfield, Mo. Outdoor World. That place is amazingly huge! My wife and I were just discussing why the Northwest is lacking any decent outdoor stores. You would think in a state that contains as much outdoor recreation, hunting, and fishing that we would have had more than one of these stores up here already. Sportsmans Warehouse is tiny and WAY understocked compared to a Bass Pro or Cabela's! Crap... one more place to bleed my wallet dry.#-o

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:17 pm

When Cabelas comes to Lacey I think I will bring a sleeping bag, cuz I will be living there. LOL :bounce:
Attachments
large_mouth_bass.gif
large_mouth_bass.gif (123.43 KiB) Viewed 3330 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

trout magnet
Petty Officer

Post by trout magnet » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:47 pm

EastsideRedneck wrote:I grew up going to the Bass Pro Springfield, Mo. Outdoor World. That place is amazingly huge! My wife and I were just discussing why the Northwest is lacking any decent outdoor stores. You would think in a state that contains as much outdoor recreation, hunting, and fishing that we would have had more than one of these stores up here already. Sportsmans Warehouse is tiny and WAY understocked compared to a Bass Pro or Cabela's! Crap... one more place to bleed my wallet dry.#-o
I've been to the BassPro Shop in LasVegas and it is hugh. You can spend a day in there just looking around.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:50 pm

180,000 SQ FT. WOW! You'll be able to get lost for days in there. I will have to take a weekend trip just to take it all in. :cheers: :compress: :bounce:

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bigastrout
Commander

Post by bigastrout » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:43 pm

Hey Skimpy where did you find that .gif of the largemouth its awsome?:bounce:
Read The Reg's And Pick Up Someones Trash Since They Can't

columbiafan04
Petty Officer

Post by columbiafan04 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:01 am

That makes two Cabelas in the Northwest now! My parents were traveling from Tri-Cities to Cour D'Alene and stated that there was a Cebela's going in somewhere between Spokane and Cour D'alene! Can anyone from that area put any truth towards this?

Heavy08
Angler

Post by Heavy08 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:10 pm

The next closest one to us washingtonians is going up in Post Falls Id.