WL.com Puyallup Show Details and Special Offer! Member Guest Book

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:WL.com Puyallup Show Details and Special Offer! Member Guest Book

Post by Bodofish » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:21 pm

Hey. Mike and Gringo!!!! Great to meet you guy's in the flesh. The new site looks great, wish I could have paid a little better attention. At the shows I'm sort of like a gerbil with AAD..... what's that shiny flashy thing.......... OOOO bright colors....... more camo!!!!!!!! Hey guy's give a shout! let's go fish!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

RainbowHunter
Petty Officer

Post by RainbowHunter » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Sorry I missed the show I had planned to bring my 2 boys, and my brother and his boy but we have all been real busy and forgot the dates but maybe next year.
If it aint broke, You aint trying hard enough!

http://countvladamier.spaces.live.com

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:05 pm

We made Mikes booth and meant 50 or more:colors: and both shows/Sportsman and Boatshow at Quest in 2 days.:-#
Mike and his crew have some very progressive things coming and by the look of his eyes one tired guy doing a good service to all.

:-# :-$ :colors: :cheers: Here are some entry level purchase tubs you might consider soon!:colors: :bom: :cheers:
Attachments
Boat_show_2009-068.jpg
Boat_show_2009-068.jpg (123.13 KiB) Viewed 2201 times
Boat_show_2009-102.jpg
Boat_show_2009-102.jpg (104.5 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
Boat_show_2009-096.jpg
Boat_show_2009-096.jpg (75.66 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
Boat_show_2009-037.jpg
Boat_show_2009-037.jpg (73.17 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
Boat_show_2009-065.jpg
Boat_show_2009-065.jpg (102.27 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
Boat_show_2009-027.jpg
Boat_show_2009-027.jpg (97.24 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
Boat_show_2009-004.jpg
Boat_show_2009-004.jpg (65.42 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bubba800
Petty Officer

Post by bubba800 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:32 pm

sucks i couldnt make it down there :(
See you out there =]

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:59 am

I had the privelege of Hanging out in the booth all day on Friday with Mike & DJ.

Mike, glad I was able to hep out - you and Aron have done a fantastic job with the new site!=d>

I got to meet some more WL.com-ers (DJ, Swede, Bodo & Toni - nice to meet you all!).

Kup, nice to see you again and nice to meet your hubby as well.

Rosann I saw you roaming around, sorry I was "with a customer" when you stopped by and introduced yourself to DJ - guess you didn't recognize me without my fishin hat!

Had a great day. meeting current and new members, got to show off the new site, picked up some "supplies" and ate a couple scones while watching the little ones get hooked at the trout pond.

And to all those who signed up at the show - Welcome, c'mon in and introduce yourself!:cheers:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:06 am

Nice Pics Swede, some how I missed alot aparently.

Big Smooth
Petty Officer

Post by Big Smooth » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:38 am

It was great meeting Mike on Saturday. He seemed really busy the whole time I was there. Hope the show went well for WL.com

I took in the center pin reel clinic on the river and also the kids shad fishing on the columbia seminar. Good stuff and really opens your mind to other ways to fish and other species to fish for.
My son hooked into a 6.1# trout at the pond, boy was he EXCITED! Wish I would have gotten a better pic though.

I'm really looking forward to using the new web features the fellas have come up with. I'm sure we all will be pleased.

I like it when I can call it Catching!

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:37 am

Big Smooth wrote:It was great meeting Mike on Saturday. He seemed really busy the whole time I was there. Hope the show went well for WL.com

I took in the center pin reel clinic on the river and also the kids shad fishing on the columbia seminar. Good stuff and really opens your mind to other ways to fish and other species to fish for.
My son hooked into a 6.1# trout at the pond, boy was he EXCITED! Wish I would have gotten a better pic though.

I'm really looking forward to using the new web features the fellas have come up with. I'm sure we all will be pleased.

My son (check out secret lakes section) caught one of those monsters too!!
"One more......."

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:08 pm

Big Smooth great kid with fish picture. Gringo, sorry we didn't get to chat but you're right I didn't recognize you without your hat (haha) and you were very busy showing the website off to someone. Toni, we probably passed walking between the booths as we worked the Tiger Muskie booth till 4:00 WTHF and then got to wander around some. We hit a bunch of seminars this year on dogs, duck hunting and electronics but we missed that shad fishing one Big Smooth. What did you learn at it? Bill has always wanted to go shad fishing on the Columbia and has figured it would be fun for the grandkids.
Rosann
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:28 pm

Hey Rosann, I tried to find you guys on Sat. but I'm assuming you guys were a little wore out
by that time and probably stayed home. I saw a few Bill look alikes...:clown:

Did anyone check out those hard swimbaits from Castaic? Those looked worthy to stash on the wall too.

Anyfish
Petty Officer

Post by Anyfish » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:15 pm

KevinB, your right about those mountables from Castaic, They have sizes small to large and are only like $25-$50. Mount em on a 2X6, a little stain and if you had a wood buring set, "presto" instant wall mount. SERIOUSLY though, if they look as real to the big guy sitt'in in the weeds as they did to me (I had to go touch just to see if they slimmed me), then it's chomp city.

By the way, I was at the booth when you and the little guy were over and signed up for the premium. I heard you say "kevinB" and I recognized your name through the many posts. Anyways, I turned and you were gone. Probably see you on the waters this spring, or sooooneeerrrr, I'm gettin buggy.
84 Bass Tracker 17' V
72 EV Lark 50

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:38 pm

RaMcVey wrote:Nice Pics Swede, some how I missed alot aparently.

me too didnt see any of that .

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

Big Smooth
Petty Officer

Post by Big Smooth » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Rosann G wrote:Big Smooth great kid with fish picture. Gringo, sorry we didn't get to chat but you're right I didn't recognize you without your hat (haha) and you were very busy showing the website off to someone. Toni, we probably passed walking between the booths as we worked the Tiger Muskie booth till 4:00 WTHF and then got to wander around some. We hit a bunch of seminars this year on dogs, duck hunting and electronics but we missed that shad fishing one Big Smooth. What did you learn at it? Bill has always wanted to go shad fishing on the Columbia and has figured it would be fun for the grandkids.
Rosann
What I learned was the shad hang out in the slower current. The speaker was using a hookless crankbait to get the presentation down and a dick nite tied to a leader. He also uses small jigs with a little silver spoon attached. He said he has 50 fish days (about 4 hours) this way. Look for water about 14-20 feet deep near shores and dams. Anchoring is most effective in an area that is hot. If you see someone else catching them try and anchor upstream from them instead of right on top of them. apparently there are millions of shad that run up the columbia all the way to the snake river. The best time is May to mid June I believe.
Now I only retain about 50% of what I hear (unless it's my wife talking then it's 25%) but I think it is pretty easy to learn and a hoot for the kids.

I've never had a boat on the Columbia, so I think it would be great just to get out and play with the currents and see how I like it. Feel free to correct me or add to it if anyone else heard anything.

Hope this helps.
Steve
I like it when I can call it Catching!

christopherbeebe
Warrant Officer

Post by christopherbeebe » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:07 pm

this is a little late i know. but i've been having some internet issues for some reason i can't access this site with my internet conection its a restricted site lol.. anywayz it was good to meet you mikecarey and fishnislife i was there on that saturday with my kids. the new site looks great and i look forward to it up and running. thank you guyz for the great site and other than the washingtonlakes booth i was kinda dissapointed in the whole show in general. i guess i was expecting a show like the old international sportsmans expositions they use to have at the kingdome. anywayz thanx again and i'll see ya all on the water:cheers:
Fish Hard, Or Go Home!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:11 pm

thanks for visiting!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”