22nd Annual Washington Sportsmen's Show | Jan 21 - 25

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

RE:22nd Annual Washington Sportsmen's Show | Jan 21 - 25

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:14 am

I will be there today after work ... need to get my sticker, t-shirt and premium membership!!! See you all there!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Bisk1tSnGraV wrote:I will be there today after work ... need to get my sticker, t-shirt and premium membership!!! See you all there!
Sorry I missed you. I was watching Vertical Jigging 101 and then I looked around a bit.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:22 am

We must have just missed Toni. I was able to meet up with Mike and get my two year membership ... after seeing the new site I cant wait until it is up and running!!! Forgot to get a t-shirt though ... bangs my head on the wall.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:55 am

went to the troot pool and scored some bait!

rumor has it there is a member on board looking for some.
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt:thumleft: and membership and stickers. Got to see Mike, dez and fishnislife, what's up guys. Had a good time.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:09 pm

made it there today got the t stick and member ship. mikes a cool guy, i saw fishin and dez but they were walking somewhere else when i was walking up to mike.

it was my first year going to the show, i will be back next year for sure!!! awesome deals to be had everywhere. also saw nick barr but he was talking to somebody so i didnt say hi.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:14 pm

#-o Stayed home and watched Fight Club,greatest movie ever.oh and a river runs through it.geez do i love brad haha.Ya im lazy,i work in puyallup so to drive there another day is ugh sometimes unless im makin$$$$$$.Glad you all got to meet up,and maybe the waterways will bring us to a connection 1 day.Tight lines....

PS ....i couldnt face DEZ ,cause he made the board first:-({|=
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:42 pm

Sorry I missed ya tnj8222, would have liked to meet ya.
And Sparky, I don't even know where to begin, laying on the couch all day falling in love with Brad Pitt? you probably own Legends of the Fall too. :-# Lazy bum. J/K bro, you missed the cool site features Mike was showing off. It's going to be pretty slick come March.
Nice to see some of you bassheads out and about.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:49 pm

don't even know where to begin, laying on the couch all day falling in love with Brad Pitt? you probably own Legends of the Fall too.

OUCH!!!!!!Thanks for the kick in the mid....but he is..........I"m out :-#
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

lowvw
Warrant Officer

Post by lowvw » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:41 am

Show was great, got a chance to meet mike and get my membership. had a good time, was tough not to empty the wallet with all the deals. Afterwards made the run down to cabelas to cash in my $200 gift card.mmmm...new crankbait rod plus a few other goodies.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:53 am

I went saturday. Ran into dez, fishinislife and Mike at the booth. I didn't spend a dime, besides admission, Very proud of myself. Where were the deals ??
aka Powerworm

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:01 am

RaMcVey wrote:We'll be there Sunday morning... se y'all there.

Made it Sunday, Found the NW Tiger Pac and Green River Steelhead and Trout Club booths but somehow missed the WaLakes booth. The kids were distracting me... thats my story and Im sticking to it.

Both boys caught their limit, Pressing the waters of the man made, temporary, trout enclosure #-o (the trout smoked up nicely) and noone lost an eye while they were pratcing with the fly rods.

Now if I could just afford/justify that $54k 3/4 top aluminum I saw....
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:48 am

ChrisB wrote:I went saturday. Ran into dez, fishinislife and Mike at the booth. I didn't spend a dime, besides admission, Very proud of myself. Where were the deals ??
I tried to find you at the Western Bass booth,no luck but browsed around,very cool setip and I recognized a few
people in the photos. I met up with a few members....Mike,fishinislife,BBD,VHLLC,Derrick-k and his dad.
I met a few others but can't recall at the moment. A big shout out to jigman,got to talk to him for awhile
as my son went bananas over the G-Loomis rods and jigman gave him a hat. Goodtimes!!!!
Fishnislife..we'll get to together for sure this season and do some fish'n.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:33 am

Well Guys i must say that it was another cool oppertunity to meet those i haven't already ,Thanks for coming down and stoping by .. :cheers: This past weekend went by fast and im tired this morning but it was all well worth the experience .. Stay tuned for more events from the WL.COM fam in 2009 we have some big things rolling out !!!!:bounce:

BBD :salut:

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:46 am

SPARKY101 wrote:#-o Stayed home and watched Fight Club,greatest movie ever.oh and a river runs through it.geez do i love brad haha.Ya im lazy,i work in puyallup so to drive there another day is ugh sometimes unless im makin$$$$$$.Glad you all got to meet up,and maybe the waterways will bring us to a connection 1 day.Tight lines....

PS ....i couldnt face DEZ ,cause he made the board first:-({|=
Good thing you said home because yes i would have rubbed in the fact that im first on the board this year ..lol no worries man the OLY-Boyz Have big things going on in 2009 ..and something tells me that by may of this year BBD will be the last thing on your mind .. Your club has some solid sticks and you boys are going to be in for cool year bassn across the state ..

FYI : im not sure what to take from the whole brad Pitt love affair thing you got going but i wouldnt be a tru friend if i didnt tell this man !! STOP IT , GET OVER IT , AND WAIT FOR YOUR SPORT ILLUSTRATION SWIMMSUIT EDITON 2009 ..geez !:clown: ..lol ..j/k man one luv

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

ICSpots
Petty Officer

Post by ICSpots » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:32 pm

I was running late this year so I didn’t make it down to the show until 6:30 on Thur night which meant that I never made it out of the main exhibition hall and missed the WL booth.

Maybe I’m just cranky but it seems that every year the show gets less and less impressive, especially from a warm water fishing standpoint. I’ve been going for the last 10 years or so and long gone are the bass fishing seminars. The last few years there has only been one warm water seminar (walleye). It was good to see a couple of booths selling walleye baits including Luhr Jensen cranks but I didn’t see any other bass baits for sale. The Worden’s Lures/Yakima Bait Company booth was less than bass friendly again. I’ve never understood why they don’t promote their bass cranks better in this area. They acquired Lee Sisson lures in 2007 and they haven’t had any examples of his cranks on hand at the last two shows. Another thing that has been disappointing the past couple of shows is the number of unattended booths. I usually hit the show on Wed or Thur evening and I’m surprised to see major tackle brand booths unattended.

Hopefully the rumors were true with Tag & Ron Hobbs Jr. in attendance over the weekend. I also hope the boat dealers were busier on the weekend than Thur evening. While it was a very slow night for them, it allowed me time to BS with Chris Ferry at Auburn Sports & Marine and the guys at the Ranger, Skeeter and Triton boats.

In addition to picking up some new catalogs, I did learn/see a few new things:

News:
- Tom Pollock is now working at Sportco

- Rumor was that Pure Fishing let Buzz Ramsey go

Thumbs Up: :thumright
- Fetha Styx Fishing Rods – That guy is making some crazy light action rods. If you have the money, these rods would add an additional level of fun to light tackle fishing.

- While the guys at Ranger, Triton & Skeeter booths were having a very slow show at that point, they didn't press hard on trying to make a sale

- I met the masked man shown in Marc Marcantonio’s article in the latest issue of the Bass Anglers Guide

- Sebile Lures - Nice to see an assortment of their baits (different models & colors) in person

- Castaic Baits - The 1st nationally recognized swimbait company that I've seen represented up here. Examples of the new Catch-22 and Rock Hard baits. They had examples of the forthcoming Rock Hard in trout, baby bass & bluegill,

christopherbeebe
Warrant Officer

Post by christopherbeebe » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:29 pm

ChrisB wrote:I went saturday. Ran into dez, fishinislife and Mike at the booth. I didn't spend a dime, besides admission, Very proud of myself. Where were the deals ??
i went on saturday too, met mike and fishinislife too good guyz!!:cheers: and other than a 14 dollar burger with no cheese and no toppings and gross soggy burnt oily fries and a smoothie that tasted like a melted popsicle from the other building i spent nothing.. i had a horrible time and probly won't be back next year. would have rather took that 30 dollars for my families admission to cabelas and spent it there. anywayz i'm done venting.. BUT EXACTLY WHERE WERE THE DEALS???!!!
Fish Hard, Or Go Home!

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:17 pm

christopherbeebe wrote:
i went on saturday too, met mike and fishinislife too good guyz!!:cheers: and other than a 14 dollar burger with no cheese and no toppings and gross soggy burnt oily fries and a smoothie that tasted like a melted popsicle from the other building i spent nothing.. i had a horrible time and probly won't be back next year. would have rather took that 30 dollars for my families admission to cabelas and spent it there. anywayz i'm done venting.. BUT EXACTLY WHERE WERE THE DEALS???!!!
Exactly. Besides the good people I ran into, it was pretty un-eventful.
aka Powerworm

Brianh
Petty Officer

Post by Brianh » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:38 pm

Hey guys,
We need to work on something to get these local tackle stores in a cheaper venue, so they can actually afford to bring lures to sell that are marked down.....no guide trips, non of those pot scrubbers, slicer dicers, or shami wows.....Just a no frills show with a few guest speakers, lots of tackle stores with their stuff spread out on the table, some decent food to purchase at a decent price, beer, and dancing girls for after....well maybe scratch the dancing girls.....Anyway, would guys spend enough money on the tackle to make it worth while for the Auburn Sports . 3 Rivers MArine, Anglers MArine, and Anglers Choice to come down?
Brianh
Panic Minnows
"Rain or Shine, I'm going fishin"

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:49 am

I think guys are always looking for deals and always interested in fishing events. I'm sure it's a pretty big deal to organize a show, even on a smaller scale.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".