NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Salmonking
Petty Officer

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by Salmonking » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Howdy,
Name is Salmonking- Cletus to my good friends. I mainly fish for Salmon, Trout, Bass and Eyes. I am able and up for traveling to fish a new lake.

fishinkid
Angler

Post by fishinkid » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Guess i can add something now. Love all types of fishing especialy fly fishing though. my spin gear hasnt seen much action any more. it might be a good thing. i blew out a reel all most every year. i always seem to hook into a fish to big for my gear. Best example 15 lb carp (snagged no clue how) on 4lb line. So fish on.
dabest fish is any fish

RainbowHunter
Petty Officer

Post by RainbowHunter » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:14 pm

RainbowHunter here to say hello!

My real name is Chris. I love fishing for rainbows (as if the name didnt give it away), but dont mind catching anything that will bite. I dont mind practicing C&R but not all the time because its always nice to take a few home now and then to eat. I found this site thanks to KevinB who i met on 1/11/09 out at bradley lake in pierce county.
If it aint broke, You aint trying hard enough!

http://countvladamier.spaces.live.com

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:39 pm

WOW! Three new members in one day!

Welcome to the site RainbowHunter, Fishinkid, and Salmonking!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:54 am

RainbowHunter wrote:RainbowHunter here to say hello!

My real name is Chris. I love fishing for rainbows (as if the name didnt give it away), but dont mind catching anything that will bite. I dont mind practicing C&R but not all the time because its always nice to take a few home now and then to eat. I found this site thanks to KevinB who i met on 1/11/09 out at bradley lake in pierce county.
Hey Chris

Welcome aboard, I ended up going back to Bradley later that day and caught a 6 inch bass(woo-hoo)
We'll have to meet up again.

Welcome all new folks! :cheers:

RainbowHunter
Petty Officer

Post by RainbowHunter » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:30 pm

kevinb wrote:
RainbowHunter wrote:RainbowHunter here to say hello!

Hey Chris

Welcome aboard, I ended up going back to Bradley later that day and caught a 6 inch bass(woo-hoo)
We'll have to meet up again.

Welcome all new folks! :cheers:

Good job on the catch. I only had the one rainbow I left around 11:30. For sure well have to get toghether on something. me and my brother were gonna go back this sunday but we're thinking about hitting Fivemile and checking it out.

To all the other new folks welcome aboard!
If it aint broke, You aint trying hard enough!

http://countvladamier.spaces.live.com

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:33 pm

Welcome to all the new ones starting out their year here ... looking forward in gleaning whatever tips I can get from you!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 pm

welcome new mebers. Be sure to drop by the Puyallup Sportsman's Show, say "hi", and enter our raffle.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

ryan2202
Warrant Officer

Post by ryan2202 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:37 am

Whats up everyone! My name is Ryan, been a member on here now since summer '08. I love this website and check it daily. Fishing is a great hobby of mine! I live in Seatac, work at Boeing in Renton. Age 25, and I like long walk on...Oh wait wrong website....HAHA KIDDING! Well I've grown up knowing only trout/salmon fishing. Started learning how to hunt/fish for bass the summer of '08. Now when i go fishing, i have options on what I'm looking for. I love flyfishing and this year hope to flyfish more for Bass. All in all I have been taught a great deal of respect for the outdoors and the environment. I've hunted since I was a kid as well. Its been great to get to know some of the guys through their posts and comments. And I look forward to continue learning from everyone of techniques, ideas, reports, etc on the great WL.com website!
Ryan

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:52 am

Welcome aboard Ryan ... I look forward in reading and learning from your posts and comments as well!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Carl762
Petty Officer

Post by Carl762 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:43 am

My name is Carl. I'm an Oregon resident but decided this year to get a Washington non-resident license. I plan to fish primarily Washington's lakes.

There's much more to offer in Washington and it's closer for me to drive.

Anybody ever want to float with me, send me a message or email.

Thanks.

Carl

ellsworth
Angler

Post by ellsworth » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:48 pm

Hey all, new member here, moved to Washington in June from Platteville, Wisconsin. Big outdoorsman, been hunting all year here in WA and hit up the lakes and rivers when I can. Grad student at EWU in Cheney.

Age 23
Location Cheney
Hobbies: Hunting and fishing
What You Do: I am a graduate student in biology, assessing the reciprocal prey subsidies between brook and rainbows.
Favorite Species To Fish For: Fly fishing: Westslope cuts Rod and reel: Kokanee/Pike Ice: Panfish
Where You Fish The Most: Fish Lake, Cheney
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 17 Years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Granfather at the age of 5.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Usually hunting, or something hunting related. And nature photography.

Below: The big green river outside of Lancaster, WI big trout that evaded me for about 3 years in this pool. One of my favorite snap shots that I have ever took.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Ellsworth,

for those of burnt out in are careers (sp?) reading your bio. is a bit tuff. What I'm saying is, WOW, nice photo and it sounds like you're on your way to a sweet career in something you love. Welcome to the board.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

FishingFreak
Angler

Post by FishingFreak » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Hello all. My name is Ken. I'm 41 and live in Spanaway area. I fish for just about any type of fish, but mainly Bass (my favorite), Salmon, Steelhead, trout, walleye, and when I"m desperate, even perch. Looking forward to learning more from everyone on here. Tight lines everyone!

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:03 am

Welcome to the forums Ken. Nice to see my sponsor of my addiction has made it to the boards!!! Ken was the one who took me out on my first bass fishing trip last year. Looking forward to what you bring to the dock as well.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Smooth
Petty Officer

Post by Big Smooth » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:02 am

Hi, my name is Steve and I'm live in Buckley. Been a silent browser for well over a year now taking in all the knowledge you all are so gracious to give out. I do enjoy hunting salmon, bass, walleye, stealhead and lak trout. I realized even just a little information on a fishing spot can help someone. Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks.
I like it when I can call it Catching!

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Post by cobrar543 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:41 am

Waves ..HI YA BUD!!:dj:

Anyfish
Petty Officer

Post by Anyfish » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Welcome to the new guys! Bout time you came out of the closet

Great to see so many new members here already in my short time as a member. Went down to the sportsmen show and met Mike today. Lot's of fishmen by his booth today. He was pretty busy everytime I went by. I managed to grab a few minutes of his time and signed up for the new premeir membership. He's got some pretty neat stuff coming online (can you say gps) all part of the premier membership.

Great show this year. Lot's of peoples.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
84 Bass Tracker 17' V
72 EV Lark 50

rodrob43
Petty Officer

Post by rodrob43 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi folks!

Sure glad I found this site, I have read quite a few comments and fishing reports. I really would like to take an active interest in the club. I have two passions: Fishing and golf. Right now I have two boats, I just purchased a 15' Starcraft Aluminum early this fall. It needed a new floor, with open bow and walk through windshield; so I put in a new floor, new carpet, had the engine tuned and serviced, put an anchor winch on, new Bimini top, new seats, and a lot of sweat. I also have an older 16' fiberglass Waconda with a newer 30 HP Nissan ('95) 2-stroke outboard. It's a good boat, but it's bigger and heavier than I can manage alone, therefore I bought the aluminum one. It's easier to trailer. :eye: Hope to meet many of you and see you on the water. I'm always looking for a fishing buddy.

Rod
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's to cool, clear water with big fish!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:16 pm

ellsworth wrote:Hey all, new member here, moved to Washington in June from Platteville, Wisconsin. Big outdoorsman, been hunting all year here in WA and hit up the lakes and rivers when I can. Grad student at EWU in Cheney.

Age 23
Location Cheney
Hobbies: Hunting and fishing
What You Do: I am a graduate student in biology, assessing the reciprocal prey subsidies between brook and rainbows.
Favorite Species To Fish For: Fly fishing: Westslope cuts Rod and reel: Kokanee/Pike Ice: Panfish
Where You Fish The Most: Fish Lake, Cheney
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 17 Years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Granfather at the age of 5.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Usually hunting, or something hunting related. And nature photography.

Below: The big green river outside of Lancaster, WI big trout that evaded me for about 3 years in this pool. One of my favorite snap shots that I have ever took.

BIG SHOUT OUT TO A WISCONSIN NATIVE! GO BADGERS! :cheers:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”