Trout in Tapps?

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bridge253
Angler

Trout in Tapps?

Post by bridge253 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:00 am

Does anyone know anything about trout still being caught in Lake Tapps or have thay become appetizers for the tigers?
Just curious havnt fished it in years.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Trout in Tapps?

Post by A9 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:44 am

My buddy tried a few weeks ago and got blanked...I hear it's not a great trout fishery...Go to Tapps to fish Smallies and Musky, go to a nearby lake for trout is the word I've been hearing...Perhaps I'm wrong though, never fished it so I have no personal experience...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

tcb
Warrant Officer

Post by tcb » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:59 pm

I cant find a reference for Tapps being stocked in the WDFW reports, and probably because it is drained yearly and there migh be some issues with the predatory fish in the lake.

Side note: is the lake full yet?

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:49 pm

tcb- not full yet. 3-4 feet to go!

253- have a friend that lives on tapps and his son gets trout on the land (east) side of Tapps Island along with perch and crappie. still the small mouth are the dominating species at this lake. Well actuallty the Musky dominate all! Hooked into a crappie once and had a tiger take it!

tcb
Warrant Officer

Post by tcb » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:46 am

Kenster wrote:Well actuallty the Musky dominate all! Hooked into a crappie once and had a tiger take it!
hahahaha, nice!

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Hey guys,
Talked to a dude at the last Muskies Inc. Chapter 57 meeting, he said he saw a bucket load of what he thought was Dolly Varden...up around by the marina....still though there are a ton of trout fishermen out there when the Jet skis boaters aren't tearin up the lake..supposedly some silvers out there too! Had a couple of small rainbows follow my grubs up to the boat while Smallie fishin. So yeah there are trout, just gotta find them if thats what you are trying for. I'm thinkin out in the main lake area would be best too.. See yah
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods

trout magnet
Petty Officer

Post by trout magnet » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:05 pm

Here's a survey done of lake tapps in 1997. I shows there are Kokonee (at least back in 97 there was)http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/warmwater/libra ... etapps.pdf