Corn. legal or illegal?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fishing collector
Captain

RE:Corn. legal or illegal?

Post by fishing collector » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:26 am

JohnKTKim wrote:I fished in the Little Red River in AR... a long time ago
they'd chum with corn (green giant canned variety) :)
little red is a great fishery (corn kernels must be alright as food for the fish) world record brown trout came out of little red river… but this is dating back some 15 years or so

used to drop by the corner gas station in AR to buy live minnows as bait... bass loved them! someone should inform some local WA, corporate chain sporting good stores that the minnow bucket won't sell! As using live fish for fishing is illegal.

Where are you finding live crawdads?
Lot's of crawdads in the ship canal between the Locks and Lake Washington. Lake Ballinger has a bunch around the dock. Pike place mkt fish stalls have them live.....may be seasonal??? not sure If you google them, I saw a place that will ship them in the round ...live Good luck... http://www.lacrawfish.com/ BTW.... if corn is legal and cream corn is ok can you use corn on the cob??? or do you have to kill it first?
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

sharpshooter223
Warrant Officer

Post by sharpshooter223 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:34 pm

fishing collector wrote: BTW.... if corn is legal and cream corn is ok can you use corn on the cob??? or do you have to kill it first?
cause you know how much they are trying to stop the spread of invasive underwater grain crops:scratch:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:28 pm

sharpshooter223 wrote:
Anglinarcher wrote:
LOL - off topic? The title to this thread is "Corn, legal or illegal?" How in the world did gold fish come up? HEHEHE

Still, I have seen the dead gold fish come alive, so I vote to not use them. I know what you are saying, and it is legal as far as I can tell, if they are dead, but I wonder.

I was fishing Elokia last year and saw a 10" or so gold fish swim under the boat. I have seen lakes in Colorado that were killed out because of all of the gold fish.

I have also frozen gold fish in liquid nitrogen, then thawed them out. About a third survived the ordeal. Those little devils are tougher then you think.
now how do they possibly manage to survive that, im guessing it was a fairly brief exposure to the liquid nitrogen, couldnt have been completely frozen through. what were you doing putting goldfish in liquid nitrogen anyway?
Science demonstration! Yes, they were quite solid. To prove it, we would drop one and it would shatter on the floor. Worms will do the same thing, and about a third of them survive the quick freeze as well.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:50 pm

I think corn is ok. bait???
Does a spruce needle count as bait when I catch it on my fly backcast??

Please DO NOT use goldfish. Especially in warmer climates, the are invasive. For that matter, please do not use any non-native bait in a lake, river, stream, or bay. It wrecks the ecosystem. (yes, nightcrawlers are non-native, but angle worms are ok.....so is corn !!! :cheers: )
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:58 pm

O.M.G. Where is P.E.T.A. when you need them! Oh the cruelty! Animal testing, those poor worms and goldfish
:bom: :bom: :bounce: :bounce: :compress: :compress: :cyclopsan :cyclopsan :salut: :salut: :shaking2: :shaking2: :shaking: :shaking: [-o< [-x [-o< =d> =d> 8-[ 8-[ =d> :cheers: :cheers: :-({|= :-({|= :^o :^o :-" :-" :cheers: :cheers:
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:05 pm

[quote="Bodofish"]O.M.G. Where is P.E.T.A. when you need them! Oh the cruelty! Animal testing, those poor worms and goldfish
:bom: :bom: :bounce: :bounce: :compress: :compress: :cyclopsan :cyclopsan :salut: :salut: :shaking2: :shaking2: :shaking: :shaking: [-o&lt]

to funny Bodo. :cheers: :cheers:

I'm not to worried about the worms and goldfish......(just trying to help us ALL out), it's the gamefish that gotta worry about me......:-" :chef:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:37 pm

YEP! Carp have ruined an awful lot of lakes. I couldn't help myself.....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Like the rainbow?
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:10 pm

I know I pass Corn Poorly:colors: but I pound and ground it when Walla Walla sweet corn is in!!!!:cheers: :chef: lol