Deep Lake, King County

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Anne
Petty Officer

Deep Lake, King County

Post by Anne » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:30 am

I'm looking for updated information on fishing in Deep Lake. On the reports page the latest information is from May. Does anyone have more information or can I get directed to a place I can look?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:Deep Lake, King County

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:12 pm

Haven't gotten any Deep lake reports lately, sorry.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Anne
Petty Officer

Post by Anne » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Went this last weekend. We were all excited since all the roads there were clear. Only problem was the lake had an emergency closure.

Anyone have tips on a good lake within an hour or two drive from Seattle where we can fish from shore? Actually we'd be happy with a river too. Just have to be able to fish from shore.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Anne,

Give Lake Washington a try for bank fishing this time of year. Here is a past thread that has some information regarding the subject.

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/ya ... trout.aspx

RainbowHunter
Petty Officer

Post by RainbowHunter » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Anne, there are so many lakes within an hours drive of seattle that you can shore fish from this time of year it would take to long to list them. but to name a few there is:

angle lake=king count (this one is legal year round)
fivemile =king county(also year round)
green lake=king county(check the regs to see if open)
lake washington=king county
american lake=pierce county(year round)
bradley lake=pierce county(year round)
steilacoom lake=pierce county (year round)

thats just a few that are within 1 to 2 hours of seattle where you can fish from shore.

one of the resources i use to try and locate lakes that i might want to try and fish in is a web based mapping site that provides roadmap style views, also arial views and thanks to satelites birds eye views. i will provide a link at the bottom. that combined with the regs and with this site you should be able to find a large number of lakes and be able to familiarize yourself with the routes to get you to them. just remember if it is a lake or pond and its not listed its considered open year round with general rules.

http://maps.live.com/
If it aint broke, You aint trying hard enough!

http://countvladamier.spaces.live.com

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:36 am

Was it just the park that was closed? There is nothing about an emergency closure at the WDFW site.
I fished it last year. They seem to plant more small stockers in there every year. There are still a few natural Kokanee in there too...

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:18 pm

deep lake has been my stomping ground since I was too young to swim. The fishing is never great, except after a spring/summer stock... then only for a short period.

I have heard that the park could be closed the entire year due to budget cuts. Probably won't keep people out of the park, but will probably not get stocked this year if thats true.