If you could do just one guided trip - where?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
rancocasrich
Petty Officer

If you could do just one guided trip - where?

Post by rancocasrich » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:24 pm

I will be vacationing in the USA northwest this June/July. I live on the (crowded) East coast. I want to take an all day guided fishing trip. I want to have the chance to catch fish and to see some beautiful scenery. I will be in Wyoming, Idaho and Washington. Where do forum folks think my best chance would be to see beautiful scenery and catch nice fish?
"I never let my schooling interfere with my education." Mark Twain

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:If you could do just one guided trip - where?

Post by racfish » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:12 pm

The three states you named are all gorgeous and offer fantastic fishing.Seeing I was born and raised in Wa state Im partial to fishing here.June july will be great Chinook fishing times depending on conditions of rivers and fish counts.In June you might be able to go for late springers in the Columbia and its tribs.Or even just a short trip away is the Vancouver Isle area in B.C.I dont fish guides much but I'm sure there are folks here in our site that can help with Professional guides.There are some nice lodges on the Canadian side.Good luck.Try Hakai lodge.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:47 pm

I am in Wyoming and can take you to some great fishing and beatiful scenery!! We would be fishing mainly trout. I am not a guide but look for any excuse to get out fishing. This would save you $ for a river guided trip for salmon/steelhead in Washington. But if I could take only one trip it would be for sturgeon on the Columbia:-"
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

SmokinAces
Petty Officer

Post by SmokinAces » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:07 pm

Maybe floating the Yak with the evening hatch. Idk, lots of options here.
Pressin' Fish On!

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:53 pm

Yakima Trophy hogs:cheers: sorry I could not say no we used for herring the next day#-o ! LOL Nah all babies catch and release:bounce: Ps my blood not the guppies and to win the Yak depending on flows and snow packs the (spring) and (fall) the best:cheers:
Dont forget your shotgun as well to pack= Chuckars, quail and a few Cock birds and ducks during the correct season.:bom:
Make sure your anchor is set in your drifter then lock and load fish and birds:bounce:
Attachments
YAKIMA_BABY_GOOD_LORD!.jpg
YAKIMA_BABY_GOOD_LORD!.jpg (75.44 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
scan0056.jpg
scan0056.jpg (61.93 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.