My Favorite Beer is.... You must be 21 to enter

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
fishnislife
Admiral

RE:My Favorite Beer is.... You must be 21 to enter

Post by fishnislife » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:48 pm

MAN LAW! :cheers:

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TroutCowboy
Lieutenant

Post by TroutCowboy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:16 pm

great thread. funny, i have similar categories:

camping/fishing: PBR, Busch, "Animal Beer" (Schmidt), Bud Light

boat: corona

lighter: bud light

medium: blue moon (with an ORANGE wedge! mmmmm), newcastle rocks! (hard to find though), hefeweizen

darker: deschutes black butte porter, moose drool

i can't put 'em away like i used to, so really it comes down to a) i'm going to be throwing them down all day so i stick to something lighter so my head doesn't explode the next day, b) i'm tossing a few back @ the bar with the guys (medium/dark), or c) i'm having a beer with or after dinner (dark)

right now i'm fresh out of beer so i'm enjoying a comfort & coke while browsing my favorite site. ;-) cheers!
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOHNNY K.
Liberty Lake, WA

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:21 pm

[quote="TroutCowboy"]great thread. funny, i have similar categories:

camping/fishing: PBR, Busch, "Animal Beer" (Schmidt), Bud Light

boat: corona

lighter: blue moon (with an ORANGE wedge! mmmmm), hefewiezen

medium: newcastle rocks (hard to find though)

darker: deschutes black butte porter, moose drool

i can't put 'em away like i used to, so really it comes down to a) i'm going to be throwing them down all day so i stick to something lighter so my head doesn't explode the next day, b) i'm tossing a few back @ the bar with the guys, or c) i'm having a beer with or after dinner (dark)

right now i'm fresh out of beer so i'm enjoying a comfort & coke while browsing my favorite site. ]

Good call on the moose drool. That one totally slipped my mind. I got turned onto that a few years ago, and love the stuff....
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:25 am

I've been finding it harder and harder to find Schmitty's. How can you fish with out fish beer?????
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:03 am

gpc wrote:
Mr. Magler wrote:Camping/Fishing Beer: Busch Light
(Us Cougs are partial to the Busch. Throw in some tomato juice, and you've got yourself a Bloody Busch......"The best beer, period")

Dark Beer: Full Sail IPA or Red Hook ESB

Light Beer: Rolling Rock

MAN LAW: NO fruiting the beer.

No I'm just playing couldn't resist, my cousin does it and we always flip him crap after that commercial came out
Ah the age old question: Is a tomato a fruit? Bloody Busch, "The best beer, period" now that right there's funny, I don't care who ya are. That squeeks past the man law just out of sheer brilliance of a name.
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

jmay
Lieutenant

Post by jmay » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:11 am

Last night working on a buddys old outboard. It was pushing 90 degrees and I drank my last 2 Corona's. All I had left was Miller High Life Light, but needed the summer time flavor of Mexico. So I shoved a line wege into a can of High Life, it tasted pretty darn good. I have affectionally named it a budget Corona

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:18 am

:cheers: M.G.D is by far the beer of choice for a nice summer cook out and goes great with playoff games .. :-({|=

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:51 pm

Drewp wrote:
gpc wrote:
Mr. Magler wrote:Camping/Fishing Beer: Busch Light
(Us Cougs are partial to the Busch. Throw in some tomato juice, and you've got yourself a Bloody Busch......"The best beer, period")

Dark Beer: Full Sail IPA or Red Hook ESB

Light Beer: Rolling Rock

No I'm just playing couldn't resist, my cousin does it and we always flip him crap after that commercial came out
Ah the age old question: Is a tomato a fruit? Bloody Busch, "The best beer, period" now that right there's funny, I don't care who ya are. That squeeks past the man law just out of sheer brilliance of a name.

Yeah if any fruited beer were to slide past the man law it would be the one called "bloody busch" LOL, ya got me there LOL

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:42 pm

My dad calls Budweiser 'lawnmower beer", because it's better after hard work or hot sun.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:25 pm

gpc wrote:
Drewp wrote:
gpc wrote:

Yeah if any fruited beer were to slide past the man law it would be the one called "bloody busch" LOL, ya got me there LOL
oh man you guys are funny
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:24 am

gpc wrote:
Drewp wrote:
gpc wrote:

Back in college, we had a rendition of a bloody beer, but ours was a high charged bloody beer. Here was the recipe. You need a very large glass. Take one cheap beer (busch light, natty light, animal beer, etc) and empty it into the glass. Next, take tomato juice and put in desired amount. Next, put in one shot of Vodka, and top it off with a few splashes of tobasco! You cannot taste the Vodka at all. They are guarenteed to give you a fun night.

Another one of our college recipes was called "pink panty droppers." This involved beer as well (so I'm not straying too far off of the subject). This was a drink you made for a huge party. It required a large ice chest. In the large ice chest, add one full half gallon of vodka and a full (24 can) case of beer. Add a ton of ice, and about five or six of those frozen pink lemonade concentrate cans, and you are in business. It sounds nasty, but the lemonade concentrate completely wipes out the taste of booze.... Make sure you have a DD or are sleeping where you fall when consuming these.

Beerman
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

Bill G
Petty Officer

Post by Bill G » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:51 am

SHINER IN A FROSTED TALL GLASS
I'm not in the toilet yet, but I'm definitely standing on the rim.

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:55 pm

I'm cheap, I drink Miller High Life.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:06 pm

bud lite mostly, alasken amber ale, anything after 3 good ones, sorry guys i like a bloody busch thats good and clammy (clamato juice)!!! i'm actually having one right now. give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. teach a man to fish and he will be out in a boat drinking beer all day.

skeeter bassin
Lieutenant

Post by skeeter bassin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:22 am

I keep it pretty simple

Sam Adams light with dinner and when I can afford it.

Otherwise Coors light.

Have to stick with light beer, boat only has a 150 on it. Since I can't seem to eliminate gear in the boat to reduce weight I have to try and do it on the waistline
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you think you know it all, its time to quit. Knowledge should be gained on every trip.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:27 pm

Beerman,
Good go on the pink! We used to use a case of champagne instead of beer. Lots of panties and lunch was lost!:cheers:
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

bass4life
Angler

Post by bass4life » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:16 pm

When I first get paid: Alaskan Amber and Corona Extra
As the month goes on and the well runs dry: Miller Genuine Draft then Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:08 pm

I like Black Butte Porter but will have to try Moose Drool now that you guys say it is good. It's hard to find a good dark beer now days when we're out so I just ask for whatever is the darkest beer on tap usually. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it is very disappointing. Littleriver, I also like the red wine.
Rosann
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:16 am

Oh man, this just bites. I quit drinking about 6 months ago, and boy did I like the porters. There is a particular beer from Poland it's called Boss. Don't go for the lighter one. I know I will sound like a beer snob here, but if there is one good reason to live near a metropolitan area, it's access to good brew. I had code of living in college that was something like....... " I am on a college student's budget here,, but I will be damed if I don't have good beer in the fridge. As I look in the fridge I see another one...... "Dogfish Head." I am a sucker for anything with a fish on the label.
As I said, I recently quit drinking, but my current moto I guess is, if you're coming over to my house, it's gonna be tasty.
Quick plug... if in Seattle a must check out is "Bottleworks" in Wallingford. You just walk in and say, " lets see, what have you got today from Mozambique?" Don't worry, I think way in back they might have some Oly or something.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:18 pm

gpc wrote:
Nik wrote:Anything with alcohol in it. Except Red Hook, which is nasty.
I agree with Nik. But I don't mind red hook, but there is a thing out there called "skinny dip" its a non fat low carb, might as well taste like water beer. DEFFINETLY NOT FOR ME. And Budweiser select is terrible too
I just don't think you fellows appreciate a really good beer. I like all species of Red Hook but their Long Hammer IPA is my favorite. And, it is brewed right here in western Washington.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle