"Swimbaits coming out for the 2009 Season-Post your finds here"

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
ChrisB
Captain

RE:"Swimbaits coming out for the 2009 Season-Post your finds here"

Post by ChrisB » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:06 pm

SPARKY101 wrote:CB CB CB Man going for them low blows at the club....HawgHunters man ive met a couple guys from there,1 of them serious rookie forget his name though but hes like 7' tall:-" Do you know any of the guys from CCBC..So you gonna head out this weekend and give the new swimmy a throw to see how it works..or to the nearest YMCA pool..i would like to know how it work as far as action and balance as to reeling in.
HAHA. No I don't know any of the guys in CCBC, but I've fished there silver lake open the past 2 years. Maybe I'll see you there next year. If I do get out this weekend, I'll throw the swimbait to get the action, but I won't be throwing it long. Don't really feel like waiting for it to sink 50 feet down.
Its a fast sink BPM. Anyway, just showing off a nice bait and joking around, not trying to dog any bass clubs or anything.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka Powerworm

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:59 pm

Hey CB no hard feelings here,trust me im not taking anything personal i know its all in good fun:cheers: BMD and i will be there for the open but not fishing that day,we will just be helping and learning how the launching,set-up,weigh-in you know all that stuff,how it goes..but we will be back sunday to fish the club tourney....were pretty exceited about the season..and im sure we will get stomped out there quite a bit but its the learning i hope to get.or being schooled im sure.Got my x-mas bonus so now comes all the online shopping...Black bags:thumleft: and plenty of gear to come[-o< Welp better stop chattin like this on here before i get a lashing on wasting thread time[-x :thumright :tongue:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:45 am

[quote="SPARKY101"] Hey CB no hard feelings here,trust me im not taking anything personal i know its all in good fun:cheers: BMD and i will be there for the open but not fishing that day,we will just be helping and learning how the launching,set-up,weigh-in you know all that stuff,how it goes..but we will be back sunday to fish the club tourney....were pretty exceited about the season..and im sure we will get stomped out there quite a bit but its the learning i hope to get.or being schooled im sure.Got my x-mas bonus so now comes all the online shopping...Black bags:thumleft: and plenty of gear to come[-o&lt]

STOP WASTING THREAD TIME SPARKY :clown: .. AND WHO IS THIS 7' GUY YOU KNOW FROM THE HAWGHUNTERS ..LOL

HAY MAN ,CHECK IT OUT I DONT THROW THESE PUPPIES YET BUT I CAME ACROSS THIS ONE THIS MORNING AND IT LOOKS TASTY !!

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothre ... -pre-order

LET ME KNOW HOW YOU PRO'S FEEL ABOUT THIS COLOR , US ROOKIES AND AWAITING FOR SOME SOUND ADVISE .:fish:

BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:41 am

Not a pro, but I can't remember the last time I've seen a bass in these parts chase a threadfin shad. They got some good perch patterns on that site though.
aka Powerworm

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:44 pm

ive caught fish on shad pattern baits up here plenty - i think it looks generic enough most of the time (except the baits with the giant chartreuse stripes but they will still get bit if they are biting). What I wouldn't do, however, is pay any extra money for a magic swimmer or custom paint on that thing.

tagwatson360
Commander

Post by tagwatson360 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Bass will slam shad/chartreuse shad colored baits up here. Matching the hatch can be important, at times. I find that more often than not, however, finding the best color for the water clarity and light conditions is the key. Shad patterns catch plenty of fish in the NW, whether shad are present or not. Just like trout colored swimbaits work well all over the country, even in bodies of water that have no trout.

I agree with BPM on not paying extra for the custom paint job on a Magic Swimmer.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks for the input , I use that same color in a crank bait and have had good results .. cool beans

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:35 am

ChrisB wrote:Not a pro, but I can't remember the last time I've seen a bass in these parts chase a threadfin shad. They got some good perch patterns on that site though.
ChrisB,..when Ron Hobbs shared @ 3Rivers Seminar he was very Adamant on using the TFS Pattern during the Fall when the Smallies are chasing them around,..according 2 him the SMB search for Crawdads and the TFS also! Nice bait though!!!!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

ICSpots
Petty Officer

Post by ICSpots » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:47 pm

I think the only shad in this area are the American shad on the Columbia. I had heard that the young American shad migrate downstream in the fall so they couild be a prime foodsource for smallies and walleye on the Columbia. Threadfin wouldn't be too happy around here during the winter and I don't think anybody has dumped gizzard shad in the NW.

A shad pattern (gizzard or threadfin) works across the country and can be used to mimic any light belly / silver sided / dark back baitfish in your favorite body of water.

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:45 pm

well in lake wa-wa/samm the "shad" would be the longfin smelt (I believe one of the few landlocked populations around). You could go after the smelt or perch schools in similar fashion, but yea no "shad" here. Man that gets me wanting to head down to the columbia/willy next yr to do some shad fishing ICSpots - its been a long time!

ICSpots
Petty Officer

Post by ICSpots » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:55 pm

Thanks for the clarification on the smelt. I've always wondered if there was a population of Lake WA smallies that fed primarily on those smelt. I recall In-Fisherman discussing the differences in smallie forage between Lake of the Woods and Rainy Lake on the MN/Ontario border. In one lake smallies fed primarily on crayfish and in the other lake it was pelagic baitfish. I know crayfish are a major food source on Lake WA but I always wondered if somewhere a subset of smallies followed those smelt year round.

I still owe you guys a listing of "new" swimbaits for the upcoming season. I'll get it posted over the holiday break.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:18 am

Coming soon, Huddleston Weedless swimbait. www.huddlestondeluxe.com :thumleft:
aka Powerworm

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:49 pm

ChrisB wrote:Coming soon, Huddleston Weedless swimbait. www.huddlestondeluxe.com :thumleft:
I like this Swimmy ChrisB,..6" is a good start,..the fact that it's "weedless" is nice 2,..looks like it'll do well pretty much in any type of cover,..also good 2 know that it'll be available in most any pattern that Bass like 2 eat,..very nice!!!

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

robberelite96
Petty Officer

Post by robberelite96 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:52 pm

Look what I got my hands on...

(The new Mattlures hard swimbait bluegill...)

And my .02 whether or not you want to hear it, there are a few people on here that need to worry more about how to fish than what new swimbait to use or buy...#-o

3riversbasser
Petty Officer

Post by 3riversbasser » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:28 am

That weedless huddy does look sick! I'm excited to give those a run. Robber, that bluegill looks sick, I can't wait to see it swim. I'll probably roll with the TT bluegill until you prve me wrong.

smileyj206
Angler

Post by smileyj206 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:59 pm

Check these out...

http://rickstopshelftackle.com/topshelfswimbaits.aspx

They already won a few tournaments in CA and AZ in 2008. The key to these is you can reel them fast w/o them leaning to the side.