scootney?

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sharpshooter223
Warrant Officer

scootney?

Post by sharpshooter223 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:43 pm

so this weekend i have been pouring over fishing opportunities for next spring/summer and since scootney is decently close to me i was wondering how to fish this lake for walleye, perch, and crappie. i will be fishing from a pontoon boat but i figure i should be able to troll for walleye since its a slow troll anyway. i know what to do in terms of bait and lures, that is not a problem. but since i wont be able to cover the whole lake, where do the fish tend to hang out and what are some good spots to go to on this lake?

hinds2912
Petty Officer

RE:scootney?

Post by hinds2912 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:27 pm

Be careful in Scootney, there is a lot of gravel bars and a funny network of channels throughout the lake. I've only fished the lake once and almost lost my prop a couple of times! I didn't have much luck but the campground was nice. The only tip I got from a local fisherman was to drift worms on the bottom in the deeper channel near the cliffs North of the campground. I never got a chance to try it out myself, though....

sharpshooter223
Warrant Officer

Post by sharpshooter223 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:49 pm

yea, ill be in a pontoon boat, if i hit a gravel bar i wont strike my prop, just my flippers or oars, but the fishing advice is greatly appreciated, my plan is to keep track of all the advice i get by marking stuff on google earth

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:09 am

I love fishing in the Scootney Reservoir. You might check my article in Tackle Box Tales on page 5. There may be some information that will be helpful. Tight lines, BJ
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

sharpshooter223
Warrant Officer

Post by sharpshooter223 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:30 am

i just read it, very interesting :thumleft:

crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Post by crappiemaster » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:25 pm

I fished Scootney a few times last summer and everything was pretty small, but a lot of action. Caught a bunch of walleye just under the size limit. It is a nice little lake, but I am not sure if there are a lot of keepers.

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”