New to the game.

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Sakana
Angler

New to the game.

Post by Sakana » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:04 pm

Hello All,

First off, this is a great website/resource. Actually found it by accident. Anyways I'm a new fisherman (about a month old now) and am eager to learn how to fish. I've been doing alot of reading and stuff, but most of the things I've read apply to general locations (and not Lake Washington). I live near Lake Washington and go there often, only because it's convienent. Any who, straight to the point.

I'm eager to lear how to bass fish and just wanted some tips. From my one month of fishing so far I've learned that fishing plastics are pretty fun (because it gives you something to do, ie. waiting for something to bite aka worm on a hook). I've used several plastic jerk baits, but have been only successful with one: a white grub.

Could any of you guys recomend good platic baits that work on Lake Washington bass and how do I fish them? Thanks, and this is a great community!!

Oh yeah, one more thing, what else works on Lake Washington bass??

kzoo
Commodore

RE:New to the game.

Post by kzoo » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:16 am

Try using texas rigged weightless Senkos, usually darker colors like green pumpkin, black or brown. Also try tubes with a 1/4 to 3/8 oz weight.

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:14 am

i agree, 3" and 4" skipped under docks are hard to beat. same with a dropshotted worm (GYCB 3.5" cut tail worm, sniper snub, 3" senkos, etc.). almost any bait that imitates a crawfish will catch fish, my favorites are KGM shot craws & GYCB baby fat craws. these can either be fished wightless, carolina rigged, or on a jig head.

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:49 am

chuck spinnerbaits along riprap as well.

Sakana
Angler

Post by Sakana » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:16 pm

Thanks for the info guys. As a newbie I wanted to aske one more question. Since I'm new to fishing, what are "tubes" and "sniper snubes"? Thanks again...

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:04 pm

Go to Sportco or Outdoor Emporium, they'll have what you need.