How's the bite on Tapps?

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Rosann G
Commander

How's the bite on Tapps?

Post by Rosann G » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:36 pm

Just wondering if anyone has been out fishing on Tapps. Bill's arthritis is flared up so we haven't even been out trolling lately.
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

tobeka
Angler

RE:How's the bite on Tapps?

Post by tobeka » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi Rosann! I haven't been out to Tapps lately myself but would love to hear if anyone was having any luck. I wonder how much longer we will be able to launch before the water is too low.

If Bill is feeling better anytime soon, I'd love to take you two out on my boat sometime. Take care and tell Bill I said Hi!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:35 pm

I've fished Tapps alot in the last few weeks. The tigers and smallies are hanging deep,around 25-35ft.
I've been able to launch out of the north,water level is down quite a 'bit but still safe for launching. That will change
in a week or so. The water level is dropping fast. Keep an eye out for shallow rock points,logs and stumps.

mtsiview
Petty Officer

Post by mtsiview » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Rosann G wrote:Just wondering if anyone has been out fishing on Tapps. Bill's arthritis is flared up so we haven't even been out trolling lately.
Hi Rosanne,

Kenster and I went out yesterday and got skunked on the muskies. Kenster got a couple of smallmouths at the end of the day, but we only fished smallies for about 40 minutes, or so. They were in about 28' of water and holding tight to the bottom. I marked a few larger fish at the 25-30' mark. They are there but it will take just the right presentation to get them to bite.

The launch was fine but we did see quite a few large stumps in the 10'-12' deep areas that wouldn't normally be an issue in the summer. Just take it easy and things will be fine. We are supposed to have another wonderful weekend next week!
I worry about belonging to a club that accepts people like me as members!