Fall Bass Seminar and Tackle Closeout at 3 Rivers Marine (Updated)

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
TravisRush
Commander

RE:Fall Bass Seminar and Tackle Closeout at 3 Rivers Marine (Updated)

Post by TravisRush » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:09 pm

I'm going to get a few and try that out as well!!!!

I picked up a few packs of the KGM beavers, a pack of roboworm zippers 5", 4 packs of brass bullet weights and a pack of tickers, a pack of hula grubs 286 color, a chatterbait, and...of course...the raffle spool of line

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:35 pm

Sounds like an awesome event ! Sorry I couldn't make it, went out with my club to Lake Samm, could have used some of those tips as it was tough fishing.
aka Powerworm

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:50 pm

if u guys want diff colors and styles for the big jigheads give a shout to Steve @ http://www.elkenlures.com/home.htm if stamina doesnt have what u need

TravisRush
Commander

Post by TravisRush » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:12 pm

I messaged Steve already! Thanks!

tagwatson360
Commander

Post by tagwatson360 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:25 pm

Hey BB,

The 1 oz. football heads with the 6/0 wide gap I recommended on Stamina Inc. were for the KGM King Craw.

http://www.staminainc.com/jigs_bass/regfootball.html

These will work coupled with other plastics as well, but for smaller plastics like hula grubs I would recommend a jighead with a round bend hook. Just my preference.

3riversbasser
Petty Officer

Post by 3riversbasser » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:50 pm

Thanks again to everyone that made it out. I had a great time sharing some of my information. I hope some of the techniques I talked about were helpful.

Travis,
That spinnerbait trick where you pop it can make a night and day difference, don't forget to do the same thing with your rattle traps too! :-$

BB,
Great to see you again man. I wish I could have spent a little more time chattin' with ya, but as you may have noticed I was runnin' around like a chicken w/ my head cut off trying to talk to everyone as much as possible as well as organize the seminar. Correction on the football head size, I almost never use any less than 1/2oz. 3/8 oz i only use when running a single tail grub or a panic minnow on the fb head. Other than that I do much of the same as Ron, with a 3/4-1oz and a hula grub or a beaver. Same w/ the dropshot 1/4oz weight minimum and alot of time running a 3/8oz to get your stuff down there quickly and "power dropshot" if there is such a thing.

I hope to do another seminar in the spring maybe in the late march early april time period in between fishin'. I hope you all can make it. I'll be on Sammamish tomorrow morning so now that you know what my boat looks like come say hi! I'll see you guys on the water!

-J

Brianh
Petty Officer

Post by Brianh » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:22 am

I was sorry to miss the seminar, as I know there was a bunch of information from these top notch anglers. Will have to hit Ron up at the club meeting. Any of you guys win the Panic Minnow raffle packs (T-shirts and baits)? Hope someone from WL won em. Anyway, glad to see that there was some good stuff for sale. I am sure that some of you will be out fishing today putting all of the good info to use.....
Brianh
Panic Minnows
"Rain or Shine, I'm going fishin"

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:28 am

tagwatson360 wrote:Hey BB,

The 1 oz. football heads with the 6/0 wide gap I recommended on Stamina Inc. were for the KGM King Craw.

http://www.staminainc.com/jigs_bass/regfootball.html

These will work coupled with other plastics as well, but for smaller plastics like hula grubs I would recommend a jighead with a round bend hook. Just my preference.
OOOPS,..my bad Tizzag! I'm sure Travis will call you about this,..nice guy that Trav! Hey Tag,..weren't you supposed 2 be there yesterday? I still gotta meet you in person dude! I'll p/u some of those other 1oz FBH's 2! Thanks TW!

Jordan,..just keep us posted on the next one,..always good 2 see,..yes you were running crazy yesterday,..great speaker though with huge amounts of information 2 share and a very humble attitude,..oh and dude,..don't you want upgrade your BassBoat,..sell me yours,..LOL,..hope you slay-em on Sammy today and I'll look for you on WaWa!

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

TravisRush
Commander

Post by TravisRush » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:18 am

Mike we need to get out there and fish sometime! It was great meeting you!

I messaged Elken Lures about the football heads just because of the hook size.

How is it even possible to rig those King Craws? Crazy big!!!!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:24 am

TravisRush wrote:Mike we need to get out there and fish sometime! It was great meeting you!

I messaged Elken Lures about the football heads just because of the hook size.

How is it even possible to rig those King Craws? Crazy big!!!!
Thos KGM King Craws rig up very nice with those 1oz 6/0 W/G,..and when they are laying on the bottom the pinchers are floating with the current in "defense" mode so 2 speak pretty easy 2 rig 2 once you get used 2 it! Just wondering if you should color the claws like what Jordan spoke of Trav,..what do you think?

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

TravisRush
Commander

Post by TravisRush » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:28 am

Well, seeing the pictures of the actual craw from WA, it only makes sense that they should be colored. Pretty ignorant if I didn't...

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:30 am

TravisRush wrote:Well, seeing the pictures of the actual craw from WA, it only makes sense that they should be colored. Pretty ignorant if I didn't...
Yeah,..I'm gonna try and color 1 and see what happens,..thanks! Hey either call Tag or Kev @ KGM for rigging tips on the King Craw!

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

TravisRush
Commander

Post by TravisRush » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:31 am

Sweet deal! When are you getting out on WA next?

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:59 am

The above posts pretty much summed up the notes that I took. Lots of great information (really made me wish I had a boat though:-({|= ). Being able to see rigging and setups is huge for me, got wayy more out of it than reading a book.

It was great meeting Trim Cat, Travis, BB and his son. Sorry I didn't introduce myself Jordan, you were slammed. I picked up a spool of Seaguar 8# flouro with my raffle ticket:cheers: and some great discounts too.

I know this is the Bass forum, but since it is a 3-rivers string I will let you know they are having a Steelhead Clinic on December 6th..

Thanks to 3rivers. This was my 1st visit to your store, but definately not the last.. =d>
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker