Catfish

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
FishSlayer
Petty Officer

Catfish

Post by FishSlayer » Tue May 01, 2007 12:33 am

Looking for a good lake to fish for catfish in the spokane area.:-k
<'(((><

gpc
Admiral

RE:Catfish

Post by gpc » Tue May 01, 2007 10:26 am

Im not too familiar with that part of the state but Im pretty sure the snake has cats in it . And if you want to travle a little ways west try Sprague lake and even farther west is Potholes res. I know these 2 lakes are full of cats, but sorry I couldnt get any closer to Spokane for ya. But if you need directions to these lakes just let me know.

The Floater
Petty Officer

Post by The Floater » Tue May 01, 2007 3:31 pm

Sprague is your best bet for a lake. They also have some monster Carp. I caught a 20# about 3.5 weeks ago. The above comment is also correct about snake.

trout magnet
Petty Officer

Post by trout magnet » Tue May 01, 2007 7:23 pm

I've seen alot of cats pulled out of the Potholes

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Tue May 01, 2007 9:16 pm

Sprague is the closest, don't know much about Potholes as I haven't fished there much. My wife caught a channel cat on the Snake near Central Ferry a couple years ago, but haven't been back with the new boat. Hmm, maybe it's time for a road trip!
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

GJorgy
Warrant Officer

Post by GJorgy » Wed May 02, 2007 2:21 pm

Try the Snake River by the Little Goose Dam. Have seen cats taken into the high teens down there. Either upstream from the dam or just down stream from where they load the grain barges.
George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

Jay S
Petty Officer

Post by Jay S » Wed May 02, 2007 3:00 pm

I live in spokane and most all lakes in the county have cats in them. Sprague would be your best bet for BIG cats but if your looking for table fair any local lake at night can get the job done. My brother was out at deer lake in stevens county last year at night and lost count of how many he caught. He said "every time my worm hit the bottom it was fish on.

julbright
Angler

Post by julbright » Thu May 03, 2007 12:58 pm

If you're in the mood for a bit of a drive, try down at Central Ferry on the Snake River. I have caught a few channels that were in the teens right off the bank near the grain silos. Also have seen some big ones come out of Spargue and some smaller ones out of Chapman.

FishSlayer
Petty Officer

Post by FishSlayer » Tue May 08, 2007 10:55 pm

I live in spokane and most all lakes in the county have cats in them. Sprague would be your best bet for BIG cats but if your looking for table fair any local lake at night can get the job done. My brother was out at deer lake in stevens county last year at night and lost count of how many he caught. He said "every time my worm hit the bottom it was fish on.
I have always wanted to go night fishing but wasn't sure if it was completly legal.
Is it legal to fish at night for all game fish at any lake? Or just for cats.
I can't find it in the regs.
<'(((><

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:40 pm

FishSlayer wrote:
I have always wanted to go night fishing but wasn't sure if it was completly legal.
It doesn't apply to only catfish, but all species. Obviously some species are not going to hit well at night. The only restrictions would be if you were in a boat. You have to have proper lights mounted to be on a body of water at night. Otherwise, if you are on the bank, game on! I've caught some really nice cats on the Snake at fishhook park (located between ice harbor and lower monumental dams) late at night. Some people put a bell on the tip of their rod, so you can hear when you have a bite. Nothing beats fishing at night than having a nice campfire, and some whiskey -- good times. I usually use night crawlers if I am fishing at night, but liver works well I hear, and so do cut up baitfish.

Tight lines,

Joe
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

bigastrout
Commander

Post by bigastrout » Tue May 15, 2007 12:36 am

FishSlayer wrote:I have always wanted to go night fishing but wasn't sure if it was completly legal.
The answer to you question is on page 32 of the regs

Freshwater areas are open 24 hours per day when open.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 15, 2007 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read The Reg's And Pick Up Someones Trash Since They Can't

dbaker
Petty Officer

Post by dbaker » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:56 am

what time of day is best for fishing Central Ferry?