Beaver Lake

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
MikeFishes
Commander

Beaver Lake

Post by MikeFishes » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Who fishes there regularly? Anyone going to go next week?

fishingmachine
Admiral

RE:Beaver Lake

Post by fishingmachine » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:39 pm

I have been out around 5 times in the last ten days.
I will be out there maybe friday and definatly the weekend
do u need some tips
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:08 pm

fishingmachine wrote:I have been out around 5 times in the last ten days.
I will be out there maybe friday and definatly the weekend
do u need some tips
I was hoping to get out there to catch some 3-5 lb trout sometime next week. Just need to know when to start. "wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more"

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:11 pm

well if u would be interested i could meet u at the lake and show u some of my hot spots right now

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:27 pm

Yeah both of us have been nailing the fish lately, I could also meet you there. I will be out all week, especially this weekend, so feel free to PM me if things don't work our with FM.

How long are you looking to fish for? Weekends, I usually am on the lake by the crack of dawn, but we can meet up later, whatever you want to do.

If you post a report for it, be sure to include the exact details of the lure you were using or you will be flamed by a lurker. Said lurker felt it necessary to inform me after my latest report for Beaver that if I didn't spill our secret lure, I shouldn't post there anymore.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:16 pm

For those of you fishing Beaver Lake in King County, I just got this in my inbox of my email:

WDFW NEWS RELEASE

October 29, 2008

King County’s Beaver Lake to receive
1,800 large hatchery rainbow trout

OLYMPIA - Anglers will soon have an opportunity to catch lunker trout in Beaver Lake near Issaquah, thanks to the release of about 1,800 hatchery rainbows weighing between 3 to 5 pounds each.

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is scheduled to release the fish during the week of Nov. 3. The trout were part of an educational display at WDFW’s Issaquah Hatchery.

Beaver Lake is best fished by small boat, although anglers also can be successful fishing from shore, said Chad Jackson, inland fish biologist for WDFW.

The lake’s access site is most easily reached by way of East Beaver Lake Drive Southeast, off Southeast 24th Street in the city of Sammamish. Parking for vehicles and boat trailers is limited, and a valid WDFW vehicle access permit must be easily visible in or on vehicles parked at the access site. See http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/vup/ for more information about vehicle access permits.

Beaver Lake is one of several westside lowland lakes open to fishing year-round. Internal combustion boat engines are prohibited on the lake. All anglers 15 years of age and older are required to have a valid fishing license. The daily bag limit is five fish, and bait anglers must keep the first five trout they catch.

Anglers are advised to check the sport fishing rules pamphlet, which is available on WDFW’s website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/regs/fishregs.htm .
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:34 pm

iPodrodder wrote:Yeah both of us have been nailing the fish lately, I could also meet you there. I will be out all week, especially this weekend, so feel free to PM me if things don't work our with FM.

How long are you looking to fish for? Weekends, I usually am on the lake by the crack of dawn, but we can meet up later, whatever you want to do.

If you post a report for it, be sure to include the exact details of the lure you were using or you will be flamed by a lurker. Said lurker felt it necessary to inform me after my latest report for Beaver that if I didn't spill our secret lure, I shouldn't post there anymore.
I'm going to hit Martha Lake tomorrow AM one more time before it closes. I rarely have luck there, but I don't know the lake that well. I've got one of those wrist watch fish finders, so I'll use that and see if I can get a feel for the lake.

You guys probably don't want to be around Beaver next week with the combat fishing and all. Can I get a rain-check for the fishing? I'd love to have some help in technique and what not. Perhaps once things slow down. I'll PM you and FM once things slow down.

BTW, I can't remember, do you guys have float tubes or pontoons? I have a pontoon.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Toni wrote:For those of you fishing Beaver Lake in King County, I just got this in my inbox of my email:

WDFW NEWS RELEASE

October 29, 2008

King County’s Beaver Lake to receive
1,800 large hatchery rainbow trout

OLYMPIA - Anglers will soon have an opportunity to catch lunker trout in Beaver Lake near Issaquah, thanks to the release of about 1,800 hatchery rainbows weighing between 3 to 5 pounds each.

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is scheduled to release the fish during the week of Nov. 3. The trout were part of an educational display at WDFW’s Issaquah Hatchery.

Beaver Lake is best fished by small boat, although anglers also can be successful fishing from shore, said Chad Jackson, inland fish biologist for WDFW.

The lake’s access site is most easily reached by way of East Beaver Lake Drive Southeast, off Southeast 24th Street in the city of Sammamish. Parking for vehicles and boat trailers is limited, and a valid WDFW vehicle access permit must be easily visible in or on vehicles parked at the access site. See http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/vup/ for more information about vehicle access permits.

Beaver Lake is one of several westside lowland lakes open to fishing year-round. Internal combustion boat engines are prohibited on the lake. All anglers 15 years of age and older are required to have a valid fishing license. The daily bag limit is five fish, and bait anglers must keep the first five trout they catch.

Anglers are advised to check the sport fishing rules pamphlet, which is available on WDFW’s website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/regs/fishregs.htm .

Geez.

That is a crazy stocking report!! I have got to get up there.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:48 pm

I'm going.Its perfect to get my toon out on a lake.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:57 pm

I have a 14' alumi, FM has a Livingston with a hole (sorry man, couldn't resist).

I'll be fishing it no matter how bad the crowds are, so no need for a rain check (unless you meant that you were going to be busy). I fished it when the big fish plant happened last year, the crowds weren't really all that much of a detraction.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:13 pm

Will be out there regardless of crowds
Me and Ipod will probably be buddies out there so just look for us in his 14 alumi

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:00 pm

I'll be out there Saturday rain or shine (hopefully rain- it drives most of the crowd away

FM- you still have that darn hole in your Livingston?

SDAngler
Petty Officer

Post by SDAngler » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:17 pm

I will probably head down Friday or Monday from Oak Harbor. I have taken a crack at these guys every year since I moved to Washington and I am glad that they are planting them a little earlier in the year this time. Last year I just about got frostbite in my feet fishing from my float tube, but I still had a great time catching those fat trout on my ultra light and 2lb test. GOOD LUCK!

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:54 pm

but yeah i dont have a hole
i cant wait i will try and make it out this weekend
i will hopefully be cnr all of the trips
dont need to keep them
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishndude
Petty Officer

Post by fishndude » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:31 pm

Anybody know what day this week WDFW is releasing the trout? I wanted to go maybe Thursday or Friday since I might be busy this weekend.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:33 pm

They never say the exact day
but if u go and the place is packed it has been stocked
i will be out there this week nailing them

fishndude
Petty Officer

Post by fishndude » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:50 pm

I will go Thursday or Friday with a raft. I'll do as good of trolling as I can with oars but without rodholders. Maybe drop anchor somewhere and cast/retrieve some spoons or maybe bottomfish with slipsinker and powerbait/worms.

As you can see I really have no clue how to fish for these guys, especially in a raft. Any advice would be appreciated.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:25 pm

same tactics you would use fishing for planted rainbows just up the offerings

No_Bad_Skunks
Petty Officer

Post by No_Bad_Skunks » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:21 pm

What? If you guys seriously think I'm willing to drive all the way up there from Portland and brave that kind of circus, just to catch a 3#-5# 'Bow...

...yer absolutely right!

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:56 pm

Has anyone been there today? Stopped by at all? It'd be helpful to let us know. :cheers: