I'm Voting Democrat

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
VHMLLC
Commander

I'm Voting Democrat

Post by VHMLLC » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:43 pm

well not really.

this was forwarded to me. not my views.

Subject: I'm Voting Democrat

I'm voting Democrat because --English has no place being the official
language in America.

I'm voting Democrat because --I'd rather pay $4 for a gallon of gas than
allow drilling for oil off the coasts of America.

I' m voting Democrat because-- I think the government will do a better
job of spending my money than I could.

I'm voting Democrat --because when we pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq,
I know the Islamic terrorists will stop trying to kill us because
they'll think we're a good and decent country.

I'm voting Democrat because-- I believe people who can't tell us if it
will rain in two or three days, can now tell us the polar ice caps will
disappear in ten years if I don't start riding a bicycle, build a
windmill or inflate my tires to proper levels.

I'm voting Democrat because --I believe businesses in America should not
be allowed to make profits. Businesses should just break even and give
the rest to the government so politicians and bureaucrats can
redistribute the money the way they think it should be redistributed.

I'm voting Democrat because --I believe guns, and not the people
misusing them, are the cause of crimes and killings.

I'm voting Democrat because-- when someone with a weapon threatens my
family or me, I know the government can respond faster through a call to
911 than I can with a gun in my hand.

I'm voting Democrat because-- oil companies' 5% profit on a gallon of
gas are obscene, but government taxes of 18% on the same gallon of gas
are just fine.

I'm voting Democrat because --I believe three or four elitist liberals
should rewrite the Constitution every few months to suit some fringe
element that could never get their agenda past voters.

I'm voting Democrat because--- illegal aliens are not criminals, are not
sucking up resources through government aid, hospital services,
education, or social services, but are just people trying to make a
better life by coming to America illegally. We can't blame them for
that, can we?

I'm voting Democrat because--- now I can marry whatever I want, so I've
decided to marry my horse.
Signed
The Village Idiot

:viking:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

tmusky1
Lieutenant

RE:I'm Voting Democrat

Post by tmusky1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:09 am

Great post, unfortunately, I am getting the feeling that most of America actually thinks this way.

kantill
Warrant Officer

Post by kantill » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:23 am

All I can say is if you feel the Republican party really is going to fix all that, than I feel really sorry for you and your large bank account.
Need tech support? I can Help!
http://www.crossloop.com/KellyAntill

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:42 am

It's nice to hear the opinions of the 9.8% of the American public that feels that the nation is going in the right direction.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:31 am

IM VOTING DEMOCRAT BECAUSE THEY LAST 8 YEARS UNDER REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP HAS DARN NEAR DESTROYED THIS NATIONS WEALTH PERIOD !!!!!

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:32 am

Marc Martyn wrote:It's nice to hear the opinions of the 9.8% of the American public that feels that the nation is going in the right direction.

WELL PUT MARC ...

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:17 pm

Voting is like changing your underwear.Change is needed every so often cuz after a while they
get to powerfull and begin to stink.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:27 pm

kantill wrote:All I can say is if you feel the Republican party really is going to fix all that, than I feel really sorry for you and your large bank account.
Actually, it's going to get even smaller. Biden admitted today that the tax cuts to 95% of Americans really means the income cutoff number is around $150K (which includes families with joint returns). That's considerably less than the 250K Mr. Obama has been claiming. Anyone care to bet that when it's next calculated it will be down to 100K?

What is most galling is that the tax "cut" is going in large part to people that don't even pay taxes. I guess that's "fair" for you. #-o

Here's the Biden quote:

2008 October 28 Tuesday
Joe Biden Lowers Barrier For Entry Into Upper Class
Joe Biden says you only have to make over $150k to escape the middle class. This is great news for people who aspire to become upper class.

But in an interview Monday with a Scranton television station, WNEP, Biden was explaining how the Obama tax policy would no longer give tax breaks to the “very very wealthy” and appeared to set the bar lower.

“What we’re saying is that $87 billion tax break doesn’t need to go to people making an average of $1.4 million. It should go like it used to. It should go to middle class people — people making under $150,000 a year,” he said.

Those comments fit into the Republican narrative aimed at voters who, are promised a tax break under the Obama plan. They argue that in order to pay for his spending initiatives, he’ll wind up taxing a lot more people than he says, a charge the Obama campaign disputes.

You might have thought you needed to make a half million or even a million a year to be upper class. After decades of inflation I would think even a million just isn't that much. But Joe Biden, supporter of the working class, wants to give us a more achievable goal to shoot for. $150k becomes possible. Work 2 jobs. Give your spouse to work 2 jobs. You too can enter the upper class.

America. What a great country.

By Randall Parker at 2008 October 28 06:36 PM
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:29 pm

Mike Carey wrote:
kantill wrote:All I can say is if you feel the Republican party really is going to fix all that, than I feel really sorry for you and your large bank account.
Actually, it's going to get even smaller. Biden admitted today that the tax cuts to 95% of Americans really means the income cutoff number is around $150K (which includes families with joint returns). That's considerably less than the 250K Mr. Obama has been claiming. Anyone care to bet that when it's next calculated it will be down to 100K?

What is most galling is that the tax "cut" is going in large part to people that don't even pay taxes. I guess that's "fair" for you. #-o

thanks mike. well said.

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:27 pm

Lets just vote Bush/Cheney for a 3rd term :clown:

tmusky1
Lieutenant

Post by tmusky1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:05 pm

I don't think either party alone is going to fix all our problems. What I'm worried about is having a Democrat president appointing liberal gun -grabbing Supreme Court justices under the "watchful" eyes of a Democrat controlled Congress. Too much power shifted to one side with nobody to say Whoa! That's what has me concerned. I'm not claiming to be a political genius so if my fears are not warranted please tell me, I'll get back to you after I get done hiding my guns and inflating my tires.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:51 pm

tmusky1 wrote:if my fears are not warranted please tell me, I'll get back to you after I get done hiding my guns and inflating my tires.
Man, you better hurry!! 7 more days! They are on their way right now. Run! Hide! They are coming..............8-[

The "Old" GOP fear machine works every election cycle. That's why I am voting Republican:cheers: Oh, wait a minute:scratch: I already sent in my ballot:-k Well, maybe next time......
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmusky1
Lieutenant

Post by tmusky1 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:00 am

So Marc, having one single party in absolute control doesn't concern you? Look, having read a lot of your posts on this board (not just off topic) you seem like a pretty bright guy. Why would you not give me a legitimate reason for not being concerned? Instead, you pick out the one satiric thing I stated and poked fun at that. Obama is pro gun control, and he did in fact state we should all check our tire pressure to save fuel. So, I'm not just buying into the "GOP fear machine" Plus, I don't think public school teachers should earn $100,000 a year. Sure, they need to be paid more but 6 figures?? I'm not sure about you but I can't afford my taxes to go up THAT much.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:38 am

Marc Martyn wrote:
tmusky1 wrote:if my fears are not warranted please tell me, I'll get back to you after I get done hiding my guns and inflating my tires.
Man, you better hurry!! 7 more days! They are on their way right now. Run! Hide! They are coming..............8-[

The "Old" GOP fear machine works every election cycle. That's why I am voting Republican:cheers: Oh, wait a minute:scratch: I already sent in my ballot:-k Well, maybe next time......
Both parties use fear tactics, that's just politics. I'm more interested in Obama's plan to use Keynesian economics as a way of getting us out of this looming recession. The last time taxes were raised in the face of a recession was the early 30s which contributed to this country staying in the Great Depression - not to recover until WW2.

Ultimately if you believe in the cyclical nature of our economy no matter what Obama does we will eventually recover from it. I just hate to see us go from bad to worse with policies that have already been tried and failed. Economies are bigger than the governments that try to control them - but unfortunately governments can make things worse along the way (as we have seen from the currrent one).

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:11 am

Attachments
pol_cartoon.JPG
pol_cartoon.JPG (22.92 KiB) Viewed 2942 times
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:18 am

Democratic Party...
Republican Party...

This party stinks, I sure aint having any fun.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:42 am

RaMcVey wrote:Democratic Party...
Republican Party...

This party stinks, I sure aint having any fun.

Nobody throws a party like a Communist Block Party! :dj: :clown:

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:08 pm

In America, you can always find a party.
In Soviet Russia, Party finds you!
-Yakov Smirnoff
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

kantill
Warrant Officer

Post by kantill » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:17 pm

I was just using the same stereotypical nonsense that was from the first post. Republicans are the "rich" group. All politicians say whatever gets the most votes or whatever their supporting parties want them too. That being said I go have to agree with
Bigbass Dez wrote:IM VOTING DEMOCRAT BECAUSE THEY LAST 8 YEARS UNDER REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP HAS DARN NEAR DESTROYED THIS NATIONS WEALTH PERIOD !!!!!
I meant no insult to VHMLLC
Need tech support? I can Help!
http://www.crossloop.com/KellyAntill

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:36 pm

tmusky1 wrote:So Marc, having one single party in absolute control doesn't concern you? Look, having read a lot of your posts on this board (not just off topic) you seem like a pretty bright guy. Why would you not give me a legitimate reason for not being concerned? Instead, you pick out the one satiric thing I stated and poked fun at that. Obama is pro gun control, and he did in fact state we should all check our tire pressure to save fuel. So, I'm not just buying into the "GOP fear machine" Plus, I don't think public school teachers should earn $100,000 a year. Sure, they need to be paid more but 6 figures?? I'm not sure about you but I can't afford my taxes to go up THAT much.
Do you mean absolute control like from 2000-2006? Yep, were in good shape because of what they accomplished in those years.

I was just kidding you about your fear. Relax no one is going to make you turn in you gun. That threat has been tossed around since the Constitution was drafted.

No, I don't consider myself a pretty bright guy, just an average guy, a contractor, trying to get by in the world. I do however consider my wife of 29 years quite bright. She is an educator, an elementary school principal. After watching her career in the classroom advance to an administrative position, teachers are not paid what they are worth. Over the years, I have heard and debated the uninformed comments about teachers pay but I won't go into that.
Tire pressure. Obama's statement was just a suggestion of how to help increase fuel mileage, not a cure for the energy crisis. It is simple science. Have you ever tried to move something on a hand truck when the tires are half inflated? It takes a whole lot more effort to move it than if the tires were fully inflated. Here's the scoop:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/maintain.shtml