Visiting Quincy in a few days

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
mhellem
Angler

Visiting Quincy in a few days

Post by mhellem » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:34 pm

I'm a Big time bass fisherman from San Diego and I will be in Quincy for a few weeks on business, and Im Hopeing to do Some fishing while there. I mainly fish for bass but I'm also good with a fly rod and fishing the ocean/bays. Im curious if anyone could steer me in the direction of some streams or lakes in the general are that are worth takin a look at, and even a fishing partner if anyone is interested. Thanks In advance

Mike

mhellem
Angler

RE:Visiting Quincy in a few days

Post by mhellem » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:19 pm

22 reads, no responses...you guys are helpfull:cheers:

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:52 pm

Sorry about the no responses. It's kind of late in the year here for any good bass fishing around there I think. You could try Potholes, Moses Lake, Banks and Evergreen but I don't know how they are for bank fishing at this time of year. Evergreen even has Tiger Muskies in it but I've never fished it. We live on the wet/westside so can't help you with a boat seat. If you get up to Banks Lake stop and talk to Rosie at Big Wally's and she'll tell you where to fish around there for sure. Tell her Hi for me too.
Rosann
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

robberelite96
Petty Officer

Post by robberelite96 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:32 am

Potholes is ON right now. I have been getting great fishing reports from over there. (just watch out for the duck hunters...) Banks is going to be tough but it can be good. Evergreens water level is LOW this time of the year, I wouldnt even mess with it.

mhellem
Angler

Post by mhellem » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:48 pm

I hear its farely cold up there right now( cold for me being from so-cal), so I only plan on bringin a flyrod and some light conventional rods. Any word on where i could get into some good trout or steelhead in the quincy area? Your feedback is much appreciated guys. I'll be in Quincy for a month workin 10 to 12 hour days so I need Some kind of stress relief while I'm there. Thanks again.

Oh-yeah....how bout smallies? Walleye in that neck of the woods?
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:07 pm

Here is a list of the lakes in that area. There are many to choose from.
You might give Billy Clapp a shot.
http://www.washingtonlakes.com/CountyLa ... aspx?id=12
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:31 am

Billy Clapp (one of my faves for the scenery) would be a tough one to fish with out a boat. Any walk in would be from the Dry Falls end, long drive. If you have a puffer stick (fly rod) you might want to try Rocky Ford, a little drive but nice big fish and it's cooling down. If you don't mind an hour drive there's always the Yakima river in Ellensburg and all the little lakes around it. Fiorito has some big Germans.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!