Snoqualmie Lake to Lake Dorothy

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
donkeypunch85
Angler

Snoqualmie Lake to Lake Dorothy

Post by donkeypunch85 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:26 am

Hey all, newb here. Ive been doing some backpacking in the Alpine Lakes are, specifically between Snoqualmie Lake and Lake Dorothy, and have noticed these lakes would make for some good fishing. I just wanted to know if anyone here has fished these waters and if so, what kind of gear (line, lure, bait) were ya runnin? and, any luck? thanks.

fishing collector
Captain

RE:Snoqualmie Lake to Lake Dorothy

Post by fishing collector » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:20 am

Welcome to WL.com....I fished Lake Dorothy years ago and found that If I used a Bobber that filled with water and 3' of 2-4 lb leader and a fly. at the time we used anything that looked buggy. Now adays you might use a Black BH Stonefly Nymph, Stimulator dry fly nymph....works when you don't know what is hatching...or a whooly booger size 10 blk or brown. If you want to try a spinner fly. I use one that has a black fly and gold or silver blade. Take along some worms, not nightcrawlers and some maggots. Take along some weights, swivels hooks, extra line etc....The normal stuff and you will do better than using a Snoopy pole and Powerbait. LOL :-) ... Good Luck to you, Steve

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Pugsly is loaded with brookies.

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:32 pm

Welcome to WL.com!! I would get a copy of this book: Washington's Central Cascades Fishing Guide (Paperback) by Dave Shorett -- http://www.amazon.com/Washingtons-Centr ... pd_sim_b_4

Review
"Shorett hits a honey-hole ..location, access,directions,fish..lots of backyard fishing information for Seattle-area anglers. " -- Terry Sheely, The Reel News October, 2003

Product Description

The definitive guide to stream and lake fishing within two hours drive of Seattle, covering the North Bend, Snoqualmie Pass, Alpine Lakes Wilderness, CleElum areas. This comprehensive guidebook tells where, how and when to fish the area in detail, covering more than 25 streams and 200 lakes, with 14 maps and 40 photos. Trout populations are described in depth, along with fishing techniques, access and hiking directions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Details
Paperback: 96 pages
Publisher: Lakestream Publications (September 1, 2001)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0965211622
ISBN-13: 978-0965211628

It's a must own for anyone looking into the Alpine Lakes fishing. I own a copy and have advocated his book for a while now. You can pick up a copy at the provided link at the top (Amazon.com) or PM me and I will try and get you a copy :).
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Nice one ktk. Do you by chance know off hand if that same author (Shorett) has a similar book that would cover the north cascades a bit farther north? Or does that one cover Skagit, Whatcom, and/or Okanogan counties? (I've got the Sheely book)
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Return to “Alpine Lakes - Hikes and Destinations”