NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:17 am

Name: Jay
Hobbies: Model Railroading and fishing
What You Do: IT Support for local company
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bass
Where You Fish The Most: Alder, Spanaway and any that I stumble upon
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Hmmmm ... good question ... 35+ years ... but it has been a while since I was fishing on a regualr basis so it almost feels as if I am starting all over
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My dad and now my best friend and neighbor
What Do You Do When You're Not Fishing: Work on my trains, entertain my kids (a total of 4) and spend time with my wife who indulges my hobbies
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:41 pm

Welcom 2 the site BnG,..that screename is making me hungry,..LOL,..looking 4ward 2 your posts!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Hey .. thanks for the welcome. Got the name from the geico commerical .. always made me laugh and I needed a gamertag for my Xbox at the same time ... so there it was. I feel I am such a novice on this bass hunting adventure but I look forward in getting to know some of you and learning what I can. And then hopefully be able to share some of the catches like I see of all of yours.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:04 pm

Welcome aboard BNG and i sure hope you get to put up some bass pics,i like to see people out enjoying a passion or should i say addiction:cheers: on the water.Im sure you will meet some people on here i have met a few and some are now probably life long fishing partners.Tight lines and be safe on the water:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

sahm
Angler

Post by sahm » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:02 am

Hobbies: Fishing, baking, cooking, reading
What You Do: Full time wife and mother
Favorite Species To Fish For: The kind that bite
Where You Fish The Most: Wapato
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Not long enough
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My husband!

MackPrince
Petty Officer

Post by MackPrince » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Welcome to the forum sahm. It's great to have more women getting involved in fishing and by your response for favorite species I think you'll fit right in with the rest of us weekend warriors.

-Mack
Take a kid fishing and make some reel memories.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:22 pm

Welcome aboard, BnG and sahm.

BGtrouthunter
Angler

Post by BGtrouthunter » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:50 am

Hello, My name is Alan (BGtrouthunter)
hobbies: Fishing, Camping, Computer Games, Video games
What I do: Well not really much to say but Forklift/Warehouse, But for right now on disability
Favorite Species: Hmmm Rainbow, Cutthroat, Stealhead, Salmon
Where fish most: Everywhere that i can get to in Washington
How long been fishing: Since i was a kid
How was introduced to fishing: My Dad was a fishermen, My Grandfather, and my foster dad, fishing is in the blood.
When not fishing: Surfing the web for Hottest fishing holes around

Still looking for that favorite pic, But i'm always looking for that BBF (BiggerBetterFish). I fish every chance that i can afford it. And the name is Big Game Trout Hunter. Always looking for those big ones, caught little ones, medium ones, but still no 3pounds or bigger. Stealhead caught 10lbs, lost too many 15lbs. Still working on those. Still trying to figure out how to go fishing for kokanee. Big lakes around for kokanee but no boat big enough for the water. I recently bought a nice 12ft. fiberglass and trolling motor. But i use it on medium to small lakes. I don't like to go where boaters are so fast that they like to try and flip boats like mine over.

sekotsjds
Angler

Post by sekotsjds » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:24 pm

Hello. My name is John Stokes, 35, currently living in Fort Drum, NY but call WA home. I was stationed at Fort Lewis from 1999-2006 but moved to NY in 2006. I used to post reports on this site back in the day. The site has changed A LOT! I fish and hunt (hopefully this fall). I sure do miss WA but have found a cool river here called the Salmon River that has hatchery Salmon (King and Coho), Steelhead, Browns, and native Rainbows. Not to mention all of the warm water species. Lake Ontario is also close. Needless to say, we get lots of snow here and winter Steelhead fishing is crazy COLD but the catch rates are intense. I love to fish for Salmon/Steelhead but also enjoy bass fishing. It is good over here. I am sorry to say I will not be able to report on any WA lakes anytime soon but hopefully soon I will get back there. Thought I would snoop around here and reminisce of the good ole days living in WA. I do have some experience fishing Silver Lake (Pierce), all of the lakes on Fort Lewis, and the Nisqually River. Good luck and thanks for having me. Tight lines!!!!

Bass-N-Yo-Fass
Angler

Post by Bass-N-Yo-Fass » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:47 pm

:jocolor: :joker: Hi there...my name is Matt and I'm pretty new to fishing, very new to the site. Decided to take up bass fishing because it seems like there's a little more action involved. Joined the site because none of my friends are reliable fishing buddies, so I figured I'd meet some new ones. Hope to see you all out there!
"He who says it can't be done, shouldn't interrupt the person doing it..."

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:17 pm

sekotsjds wrote:Hello. My name is John Stokes, 35, currently living in Fort Drum, NY but call WA home. I was stationed at Fort Lewis from 1999-2006 but moved to NY in 2006. I used to post reports on this site back in the day. The site has changed A LOT! I fish and hunt (hopefully this fall). I sure do miss WA but have found a cool river here called the Salmon River that has hatchery Salmon (King and Coho), Steelhead, Browns, and native Rainbows. Not to mention all of the warm water species. Lake Ontario is also close. Needless to say, we get lots of snow here and winter Steelhead fishing is crazy COLD but the catch rates are intense. I love to fish for Salmon/Steelhead but also enjoy bass fishing. It is good over here. I am sorry to say I will not be able to report on any WA lakes anytime soon but hopefully soon I will get back there. Thought I would snoop around here and reminisce of the good ole days living in WA. I do have some experience fishing Silver Lake (Pierce), all of the lakes on Fort Lewis, and the Nisqually River. Good luck and thanks for having me. Tight lines!!!!
Hey John, thanks for checking in! Feel free to post NY fishing reports in the Outside Washington reports forum. :bball:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

sekotsjds
Angler

Post by sekotsjds » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:10 am

Mike,

Thanks. Will do. Salmon/Steelhead season is starting up and I am looking forward to at least making me somewhat closer to getting back to Washington. Thanks again!

12579e1
Angler

Post by 12579e1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:38 pm

My name is jonny. I am raffensg64's step son. I dont catch as many fish as me step dad but I try. I am in 5th grade and go to school at Michael Anderson Elementry School on FAFB. I am ten years old. I like to sit around and play video games (like most boys) my age. I sometimes go fishing and have even caught fish through the ice. I have two dogs Buddy and lucky, and one knuckle head brother. His name is Chris (he picks on me alot).

I am looking forword to spending time in the forum with you guys.:bounce:

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:41 pm

12579e1 wrote:My name is jonny. I am raffensg64's step son. I dont catch as many fish as me step dad but I try. I am in 5th grade and go to school at Michael Anderson Elementry School on FAFB. I am ten years old. I like to sit around and play video games (like most boys) my age. I sometimes go fishing and have even caught fish through the ice. I have two dogs Buddy and lucky, and one knuckle head brother. His name is Chris (he picks on me alot).

I am looking forword to spending time in the forum with you guys.:bounce:
Welcome to the site Jonny. I hope you enjoy it here. Make sure to get out there and fish more instead of playing them video games.

WCCT
Lieutenant

Post by WCCT » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:11 pm

Name: D.J. LaRoche
Hobbies: Fishing, lure making, spending time with the wife and kids
What I do: I own West Coast Custom Tackle and I also work for Comcast
Favorite Species: smallmouth and largemouth bass
Where I fish the most: I try to spend as much time in eastern Washington as I can. I love Banks and the Potholes, as well as the Columbia river system. I fish Lake Washington, Tapps, Samammish, Sawyer, and a few smaller lakes in the area.
How long have I been fishing: I have been fishing ever since I remember, probably 2 years old.
How I got introduced to fishing: My dad
Favorite lures: Soft plastics!

I can't believe I haven't done this yet#-o I know quite a few of you guys on here, and I am always reading over the forums. There is a great source of knowledge that comes from this forum, and I am honored to be a part of it. Mike runs a great site, and is one heck of a guy to fish with. I am looking forward to meeting more of you at the next event. Tight Lines!
PowerTeam Lures Pro Staff
[http://www.powerteamlures.com/?Click=2818]

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:30 pm

Welcome Jonny!

About time is right DJ! :bball: Thanks for being a proud sponsor of the site. :-)

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:14 pm

12579e1 wrote:My name is jonny. I am raffensg64's step son. I dont catch as many fish as me step dad but I try.............
Hang with your step dad and you will learn more than most of us. Raff is a great fisherman! You should be proud of him.

Happy to see you on the site, welcome:thumleft:

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:39 pm

Welcome Jonny. Hopefully the site will give you tons of info to help you along. Good to see that DJ finally got around to introducing himself, only took a year and a half! ImageLet's hit Tapps sometime, I'm gettin in a rut and need some new scenery on the lake.

Chris da Stupid
Angler

Post by Chris da Stupid » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi I am Chris I am 12579e1's brother and step son of raffensg64. I like to play FinalFantsy off and on every now and then I go fishing. The main thing I like to eat food alot.

I have two goldfish I have not neamed them yet. I am in 7th grade and i am 12. I have no fav tv show. I colect Maplestory cardes. If u cant tell i have bad spelling every now and then becase I never went to kinder garden or preschool. My fav animal is a monky. Boms are awsome i like explosions.:bom:

Uuuhhh and that is really all i got well that is it.

P.S. I do not pay attation moset of the time.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:59 pm

Explosions,,, uh, cool.:bom:
Be careful out there.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”