Banks lake status end of Sep. ??

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
tmusky1
Lieutenant

Banks lake status end of Sep. ??

Post by tmusky1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:33 pm

My wife and I are really wanting to head over to Banks around mid to late Sep. My wife and daughter want to lay in the sun and my son and I want walleye. I know it's impossible to know for sure, but can anyone tell me what the weather and fishing "generally" will be like around that time?
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GJorgy
Warrant Officer

RE:Banks lake status end of Sep. ??

Post by GJorgy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:47 am

Generally it is nice weather BUT we were over there this past week expecting 90 to 100 degree weather but it only got to 75 degrees. Weird weather this year. Early fall fishing can be great with the fish trying to fatten up for the winter.
George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

lowvw
Warrant Officer

RE:Banks lake status end of Sep. ??

Post by lowvw » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:33 pm

Was over at Banks 2 weeks ago and they are dropping the water quite a bit. Fish were scattered, marked walleye from 40-70+ feet. 3 weeks ago water level was dropped over 3 feet, i believe they are dropping it more this week or next. So they could be anywhere. hope it helps.