Favorite Plastics?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
tmusky1
Lieutenant

RE:Favorite Plastics?

Post by tmusky1 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:01 pm

tmusky1, are there other Mann's products that you have done well on? I have never used Mann's and they have very good prices. Also, what size jelly worms do find are the most successful for you?

fishnislife
[/quote]

I've tried the Mann's augertail worms and they work pretty good but for some reason, I have more luck with the standard 6" jelly worm. Also when I'm targeting the big guys, I'll throw a 12" Culprit worm, you would be surprised how many small bass think they're big enough to attack that.

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:38 pm

i've never been able to catch a bass on a curly tail worm before....kinda strange :-&

kickerfish
Petty Officer

Post by kickerfish » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:44 pm

Had a great day today with a Zoom super brush hawg (pumpkin colored) on American lake. Caught a sweet 3lb smallie, she inhaled it! Caught another 5 fish not as big as her. T-riggged with a florida 1/4 oz weight

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:58 pm

CK14 wrote:i've never been able to catch a bass on a curly tail worm before....kinda strange :-&
I can't catch bass on curly tail grubs...
I can get them on curly tail worms, just not grubs...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:39 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote: I can't catch bass on curly tail grubs...
I've caught most of my bass on Yamamoto curly tail grubs (cinnamon /w black flake) on 1/16 and 1/8 jig heads. I bought a few packs on a recommendation from Big Wally at Banks a few years back and since I did so well on that trip they've been my go-to bait for smallies. Worked great in Conconully too. I've never done well with west-side bass though.

I'm just not starting to broaden my bass lure horizons. Now if I can just get that Palomar knot to hold my hook in the right direction I may try some drop shotting...
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:47 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:
CK14 wrote:i've never been able to catch a bass on a curly tail worm before....kinda strange :-&
I can't catch bass on curly tail grubs...
:batman: Have you ever tried to fish grubs carolina rigged .? thats the must effective way to get bit .. I like to use a 3/4 once with at least 2 foot leader (if not longer) and cast with all your might !!! try that around drop offs or edges sometimes .. i bet your luck changes .. BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

CK14
Lieutenant