Snohomish?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Snohomish?

Post by A9 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:26 pm

Any WL.com'ers going to be fishing the Snohomish when it opens here in a few short days? I just got stocked up on 50/50 Dick nites and some jigs to use, gotta get it all organized and ready, can't wait....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

sunshine
Petty Officer

RE:Snohomish?

Post by sunshine » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:04 pm

I'll be out there for sure. Gotta get stocked up myself, but I'll be out there for sure. Any tips for a newby?

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:47 pm

sunshine wrote:I'll be out there for sure. Gotta get stocked up myself, but I'll be out there for sure. Any tips for a newby?
What sorta tips you looking for?:study:
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

northfork
Lieutenant

Post by northfork » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:26 pm

I'll be fishing the Sky at Sultan. The gears sitting in the corner just calling my name. Going to try some side planers this year. last year the 50/50 DN was the ticket. Got spooled more than once fishing from a rock with no where to run :-({|= . Oh Ya note to self: DON"T FORGET THE NET!!!

sunshine
Petty Officer

Post by sunshine » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:51 am

I have been studying like crazy! There is so much information out there it's enough to make a person go nuts! What lures work well in the river? I see everyone stock up on Buzz Bombs of every size, and pink ALWAYS sells out here in Snohomish and Lake Stevens. Any wisdom would be great. Since being skunked in the sound this year I am DETERMINED to do well in the river.[-o<

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:41 pm

I'd better check my stock of the 50/50's, I know I got a bunch last year but who knows what happened to those. Has anyone tried pink worms?

Salmon, Trout, Steelheader
Petty Officer

Post by Salmon, Trout, Steelheader » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:59 am

remember guys, its closed for humpys. ive been trying to find more DN's but everyone is out of the ones i need. ill be down there.

northfork
Lieutenant

Post by northfork » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:14 pm

Went on a scouting trip today below Sultan. All I saw were Chinook rolling and jumping in the deep holes.
Probably pass on the combat fishing in the morning. Might try it tomorrow evening depending on Hiway 2 traffic. Thunderstorms have been rolling up the valley for the last 2 hours, feel sorry for the people camping up in the foothills because it is really DUMPING!!!