warm water fishing advice

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
TheOne
Warrant Officer

warm water fishing advice

Post by TheOne » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:51 am

hey,there is a lake that i like fishing sometimes.and there are perch,bluegill,bass,few carp in this little lake.and i was wondering.if fishing this lake now while its warm out.would it be better than fishing when its colder??
''Treat people and animals the way you would want to be treated''
catch and release!! ~Dont worry about me and what i do.worry about your own self~

big fish lite line
Commander

RE:warm water fishing advice

Post by big fish lite line » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:49 am

ive noticed that most lakes don't produce much in the hot summer months but all lakes are difforent. I would suggest fishing evening or morning.
hurdle the dead and trample the weak

GJorgy
Warrant Officer

Post by GJorgy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:43 am

I would fish it early in the morning before the sun hit the water for long or hit it later in the evening. Try topwater baits in the morning if you want to have fun!
George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:55 am

TheOne wrote:hey,there is a lake that i like fishing sometimes.and there are perch,bluegill,bass,few carp in this little lake.and i was wondering.if fishing this lake now while its warm out.would it be better than fishing when its colder??
You will never know until you try...#-o

PaulReilly
Petty Officer

Post by PaulReilly » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:07 pm

2000subaru wrote:
TheOne wrote:hey,there is a lake that i like fishing sometimes.and there are perch,bluegill,bass,few carp in this little lake.and i was wondering.if fishing this lake now while its warm out.would it be better than fishing when its colder??
You will never know until you try...#-o
Beautifully stated..

I think I learn just as much on the days they aren't eager to bite, as the days I can't keep them off the hook. When all the convential stuff won't work, your forced to innovate!

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:12 pm

Im finding on hot days it's easier to catch fish because all the fishers are staying home and the fish are hungry. Just change your lures/ tactics to match the weather and enjoy having the lake to yourself. Although it is true fish slow down in the heat, if you drop your lure on their head they will bite. :salut:

I just moved from san diego where it's hot 8 months out of the year and 10 - 15lb bass are common.

Just remember "bass caster" fishing poles really do work, they got the fish in the commercial to strike the bright blue lure when they dropped it on the fishes head :rolleyes:
I won't kill anything less than a meal

TheOne
Warrant Officer

Post by TheOne » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:59 am

i think that i might hit up this lil lake called china lake.b4 we head out to area 13.but you guys are right. some lakes are diff.and im not really going to know if i dont get out there.and since there has been a mass over growth of lili pad.there should be tons of fish.cause you cant really cast out that far with out hitting lili pads.so imight bring my little blow up raft. out there. i just hope some punk kids dont come by and throw rocks at me. or shoot there bb guns.at me. i hate that. they need some type of security or something there..cause ive noticed in the past few years.that a lot pf people come there and ""party"".cause ive seen many beer cans and lil baggies allmost every were there.it makes me sick.animals shouldnt have to live in that type of nastyness. i have even cleaned this lake up a few times.but some people are rude!and litter everywere.like ive even seen condom rappers there :(...and thats not cool.cause im pretty shure people bring there kids there to fish or eaither walk around if they have a dog.and then they have to see that kind of stuff....
''Treat people and animals the way you would want to be treated''
catch and release!! ~Dont worry about me and what i do.worry about your own self~