Looking for new Boat + setup

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
fishndude
Petty Officer

Looking for new Boat + setup

Post by fishndude » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:57 pm

Hey guys,

I'm looking for one of those small aluminum boats preferably 12' or a little bigger. Ideally, it would be great if I could purchase a package including, but not limited to:

Trailer
Gas Motor
Trolling Motor
Oars
Fishfinder
Rod holders

And if you are nice but not selling, maybe you can recommend me some or shoot me some links you find.

Thanks you guys!

Alfredosauce
Petty Officer

RE:Looking for new Boat + setup

Post by Alfredosauce » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:02 pm

i have seen some small Aluminum boats about 12 ft or so for very cheap on craigslist 200-500. i would definitely check that out as well if you cant find anyone on here.
"To my father, the highest commandment was to do whatever his sons wanted him to do, especially if it meant to go fishing."

"A fisherman, though, takes a hangover as a matter of course - after a couple of hours of fishing, it goes away, all except the dehydration, but then he is standing all day in water."

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:33 pm

Considering selling mine, full package, but everything is 06 or newer so it will be pretty expensive for a 12 aluminum...What is your price range?
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:31 pm

My 10 foot jon boat is still for sale. I've been busy and haven't removed the transducer bracket (fish finder). Maybe next weekend...

A 10-footer makes a perfect one-man boat -- unless you weigh more than 250lbs (Weight distribution becomes an issue.) According to the coast guard sticker, the biggest motor you can put on it is 3.75 hp. I used a 40lb thrust trolling motor and got around pretty good. A large deep-cycle battery lasts all day, no problem-o.

One thing I love about this boat is the weight, or lack thereof. Cramming it in the back of a pickup is so easy, my wife could do it! :-$

Since a trailer is not required, neither is a "real" boat launch. All you need is 6 feet of open shoreline. (Having 4WD is a plus because you can back into the water and the boat just slides out.)
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:29 am

12 ft. alum., 18 h.p. motor (oldie but goody), trolling motor, fishfinder (both pro-wired to newer marine battery in all-weather case), anchors, tilt-trailer (astro-turf for rails, so, no scratching). boat planes with 3 full-sized adults, and, I mean fast! title in hand. I just had it at potholes for 4 solid days of hard fishing, last week-end. I have had numerous guys pull it with different rigs ( a few wl.comer's), and, all say it is light-as-a-feather to tow. trailer lights have been re-wired, so, no grounding out. $1400 is my price. willing to consider trades. michaelunbewust@yahoo.com.
Attachments
BOAT_PICS_001.jpg
BOAT_PICS_001.jpg (319 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
new_boat_001.jpg
new_boat_001.jpg (402.71 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
new_boat_002.jpg
new_boat_002.jpg (40.59 KiB) Viewed 1319 times