Secret Lakes with no pic?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
ChrisB
Captain

RE:Secret Lakes with no pic?

Post by ChrisB » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:44 pm

Trent Hale wrote:The reason I don't post pic's all the time is I like to keep going and catching big fish. A lot of guys PM me and want to fish the Lks I'm getting these fish in and when I tell them I will not take any one that keeps the fish I don't here any thing else from those guys. And the same for Lks that every one knows where they are. Take Long Lk in Kitsap, I posted many pics of the fish that Marc and I have caught and when we go back and see guys keeping the fish. And I see many pics that guys take of there HAWGS and they are at home. C&R I think not! Thats why I don't post on every fish I get. They will not be there next year. Yesterday I went to 3-fingers and ran into some guys who said we have been keeping the fish we catch for the past 7 weeks and this is why I don't post the pics some people see them and know you tossed them back, go there and keep every thing they catch not even thinking they are killing there next few years to come!
No comment
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka Powerworm

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:49 pm

[-x :-k ](*,) [-(
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:03 pm

I would have to agree that most Secret Lake reports are boring and useless. Your already not telling where your at and most of the time not even mentioning the bait used. So why not include a pic. If someone can pick out that particular lake from the background area then more power to them. The chance that they are going to go out to that exact spot and catch that same fish or do any damage to that particular lake are very slim. So I say, post the PICS! Otherwise like most people have stated already, we'll just assume it's all fabricated and it's just a nice fish tale.
If your giving quality info. in the report (something we all can use) then that is cool. I think this website is a great tool for helping other anglers, expecially the younger generation, and should not just be used as a "brag board".

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob G. » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:41 pm

fishnislife wrote:I would have to agree that most Secret Lake reports are boring and useless. Your already not telling where your at and most of the time not even mentioning the bait used. So why not include a pic. If someone can pick out that particular lake from the background area then more power to them. The chance that they are going to go out to that exact spot and catch that same fish or do any damage to that particular lake are very slim. So I say, post the PICS! Otherwise like most people have stated already, we'll just assume it's all fabricated and it's just a nice fish tale.
If your giving quality info. in the report (something we all can use) then that is cool. I think this website is a great tool for helping other anglers, expecially the younger generation, and should not just be used as a "brag board".

fishnislife
Amen bro! looks like I started somethin' good..........

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:43 pm

fishnislife wrote:I would have to agree that most Secret Lake reports are boring and useless. Your already not telling where your at and most of the time not even mentioning the bait used. So why not include a pic. If someone can pick out that particular lake from the background area then more power to them. The chance that they are going to go out to that exact spot and catch that same fish or do any damage to that particular lake are very slim. So I say, post the PICS! Otherwise like most people have stated already, we'll just assume it's all fabricated and it's just a nice fish tale.

fishnislife
+1 on that. I have a secret lake,....thats not really secret,just private.So I'd hate to get folks all curious about a place they can't fish.I can't catch anything here anymore. Some jack@$$ has been keeping all the quality bass,this lake is now destroyed and I now have anger issues:-" I want to re-plant more largemouth but legally and have no clue how.
Now I'm just ranting,.....my bad

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:11 pm

I have a Secret Lake also,..c'mon man,..you can't tell me that you're not creative enough 2 figure out how 2 take a pic of the Bass without giving away your Secret location! That 2 me is a "can-excuse",..Always a way 2 do that,..always,..no excuse what-so-ever,..unless of course you dont have a camera,..or you're fabricating the events of your outting! If either one of those excuses aplly,..then a pictureless report is in order,..!

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

hookorcrook
Warrant Officer

Post by hookorcrook » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:01 pm

Interesting thread. I never post pics of the secret lakes I fish. Someone might recognize a leaf on a tree in a close-up. Or if the pic is shot "upwards" they might even recognize a cloud passing overhead.

But seriously, I'm paranoid about my lakes. I rarely even post my secret lake outings anymore in the off chance that someone might see me out there and get "clued in."

I also think it's interesting that anyone would lie on their reports. Why would anyone bother? Lonely, sad souls I say. Go write some short-story fiction. Do something productive with your imagination.

Happy fishing :bounce:
Suzanne
Suzanne