Favorite Plastics?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jake campbell
Petty Officer

Favorite Plastics?

Post by jake campbell » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:40 pm

What type of plastic baits do You guys like to fish best?

My personal favorite is zoom's finess worm in a cinnamon purple color rigged weightless.

And Second the Yum Wooly Bug rigged Texas style for flippin.
Attachments
yum.jpg
yum.jpg (3.29 KiB) Viewed 2748 times
zoom.jpg
zoom.jpg (6.17 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mallard83
Commodore

RE:Favorite Plastics?

Post by mallard83 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:19 pm

Strike King 3X 4" curl tail grubs

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:51 pm

I love me some Zoom lizards, and Yamamoto Senkos. I drop shot for smallies entirely too much, so I haven't done much texas rigging lately.
aka Powerworm

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:14 pm

Yamamoto double tailed hula grubs, Kalins five inch Lunker grubs.
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:53 pm

Jake, you beat me to the punch. I was just thinking about posting up this same topic to see what people are using and what plastic is there favorite.

Well since you broke the ice, I'll dive in.

Yamamoto Senkos- right now I am kind of partial to the red shad. T-rigged
Roboworm- oxblood, aarons magic. D-shot

I throw a lot of plastic. A lot. But I love to throw Senkos the most.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:45 pm

Anything...I'd rather throw a hardbait, but I'll get into plastics more this summer and I like whatever works...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:14 am

Green/brown pumpkin 4" zoom grubs. I do also like hula grubs. Pretty much grubs are my favorite plastic of all time. I'm not nearly as successful with senkos as some other people seem to be. I do also like thin profile baits like roboworms and trick worms on a shakey head or dropshot.

Trying to get into tubes, I have a feeling they might become a favorite as well.

skeeter bassin
Lieutenant

Post by skeeter bassin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:25 am

Changes by the week. 2 months ago Yamamoto Hula grubs, last month Reaction Innovations beavers. Right now Roboworms and Sniper bolts for dropshotting. In a couple of weeks it will probably change again.
When you think you know it all, its time to quit. Knowledge should be gained on every trip.

Bassmaster2008
Petty Officer

Post by Bassmaster2008 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:38 am

Senkos can't be beat around my neck of the woods. Any plastic I use it is usually rigged weightless. I think it is most appropriate because of a necessary slow fall and keeps the lure in the strike zone longer.

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:20 am

of course senkos are one of my favorites, i use 3", 4", & 5".
i also dropshot way to much, so i have tons of favorite dropshot baits. the ones i use the most would probably be GYCB 3.5" cut tail worms, KGM tad poles, and Sniper snubs.
i also like to use baby brush hogs, GYCB grubs, 3" tubes....

Basshunter046
Warrant Officer

Post by Basshunter046 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:22 am

This is a good discussion. Again with us Bass fishermen, how many of us just have only one pole set up?? Most of us espiecially (spelling) former tournement fisherman have around 6 poles set and ready to Bass fish. As like skeeterbassin said changing every couple weeks, I do about the same. I guess one of my favorite plastics is a 4" zoom worm but I also like roboworms, and bass pro shops squirmin worms. I also like senkos of cource and tubes. They all have there place and style in how your fishing and also what the fish are hitting on. I havn't got into the drop shotting yet and want to give it a try this year if I get the time. What will happen is I'll get it figured out and have a good day doing it and i'll be just another set up in the boat to have. let's see 7set ups, 8 set ups, #-o

kickerfish
Petty Officer

Post by kickerfish » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:56 am

My all time favorite which I have rigged at all times is a T-rigged green pumpkin zoom finesse worm with a 1/16 pegged weight which I dip the tail in spike it. I peg it with a black bobber stopper. I also love baby brush hogs ( caught two yesterday on it during lunch) as well as culprit ugly otters. I agree with basshunter on the number of set ups. I usually have 6 rods: 1. drop shot (small fluke) 2. T-rigged worm 3. C-rigged lizard 4. Spinner bait 5. Shallow crankbait 6. lucky craft jerk bait which I switch to a medium to deep crank (usually a bagley lure) once the water warms up.

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:29 pm

I'm really liking the Yamamoto Kreature right now. Purple seems to be doing the trick. Dropshotting or T-rigged has been producing well for me.
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

GJorgy
Warrant Officer

Post by GJorgy » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:16 am

Yamamoto skirted twin tail grub in watermelon is my current favorite.
My all time favorite was the 7 inch motoroil Manipulator worm. Been out of production for a LONG time but they were my go-to confidence bait.
George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Nailed a bunch on 6 and 4 inch lizards this weekend...I think I'm liking them a lot....Didn't try anything else so thats pretty subjective...

tmusky1
Lieutenant

Post by tmusky1 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:17 pm

Mann's strawberry jelly worms. They're getting hard to find so I order them straight from Mann's

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:39 pm

tmusky1 wrote:Mann's strawberry jelly worms. They're getting hard to find so I order them straight from Mann's
tmusky1, are there other Mann's products that you have done well on? I have never used Mann's and they have very good prices. Also, what size jelly worms do find are the most successful for you?

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

clam man
Warrant Officer

Post by clam man » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:59 pm

Yamamoto 4 or 5 inch single tail grub in dark purple on a gamakatsu hook, carolina rigged (weight dependant on wind). I just got back from Banks lake and my buddy and I pulled in 40 plus smallies and large on this rig in three days. Never had as much success fishing a lure before....it was incredible.
By the way, does anyone know if these are salt impregnated? It seemed like it to me, but says nothing about it on the package.

Clam Man
Clam Man

"____________"

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:28 pm

all yamamoto products are heavily salted, that's why they fall apart so easy...and catch fish. you will notice that when you pull your hook out from inside one of their baits it will have salt on it, or when it gets torn.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:53 pm

They are heavily salted so they A) sink much slower....and i wouldn't be suprised if B) so they fall apart easy so you gotta buy a bunch and C) they do catch fish because of impregnated scent