Inconsiderate fishers

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Alfredosauce
Petty Officer

RE:Inconsiderate fishers

Post by Alfredosauce » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:18 am

Thanks for the input guys, I guess its just one of those things we all have to deal with. All i can think though in the back of my mind is "I cant wait to get off the shore"
"To my father, the highest commandment was to do whatever his sons wanted him to do, especially if it meant to go fishing."

"A fisherman, though, takes a hangover as a matter of course - after a couple of hours of fishing, it goes away, all except the dehydration, but then he is standing all day in water."

topdawg47
Warrant Officer

Post by topdawg47 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:08 pm

big fish lite line wrote:one of my pet peeves is when people throw a dog toy across the lake not 20ft from you and then still have the courage to say "Hi any luck"
I try not to fish were its hard to find a spot. it tends to ruin the excitement.
RIGHT ON- I'm down at Lk. Washington fishing by the boat marine and people have all this open space to throw toys on land or far away from me in the water. But, no they throw the damn toys right in my area. That's why I need a boat. But, there are some boat fisherman who will bring their boat in your area when fishing on shore and try to squeeze in. So it goes both ways. But, more often the dog owners ruin my day. I know it is a public facility but you still need to have respect for others.
Go Huskies!

Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob G. » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:59 pm

Yo.....fellas....get with some folks on this site who have a boat, I'm sure if you want to meat them at any lake they'd be glad to take you out. Just my 2 cents. I haven't been in a couple of weeks, but if my kids don't want to go, I'll offer up a seat to any boatless person on this site. Take care and God Bless

skeetrzx225
Petty Officer

Post by skeetrzx225 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:26 am

i know, people with boats should put an invite out to those without you might even make some NEW FRIENDS!

JT26
Commander

Post by JT26 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:58 pm

Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:
big fish lite line wrote:one of my pet peeves is when people throw a dog toy across the lake not 20ft from you and then still have the courage to say "Hi any luck"
I try not to fish were its hard to find a spot. it tends to ruin the excitement.
What irks me the most out of these dog owners, is that they ABSOLUTELY have to throw their dog toy right where you are fishing, while there are hundreds of feet/yards of open shoreline further away.
That is the wooooooooorst. I fish from shore alot, and this happens almost every time. Another thing i hate when im fishing is when someone (mainly little kids) throw rocks in the water. Oh, and then theres when you're trolling for trout, and you catch one, then another boat comes about 4ft away from you and you have to steer way to not cross lines. This happened a few times to me and fishing machine on beaver lake.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:51 am

I know exactly who and what your talking about Alfredo,..man like Aarron said,..make a stake,..you're a big boy and if you just stand up people notice,..these people are very rude and you have to make a stand and let them know you need your space,..I doubt it will, but if it gets confrontational,..then just bounce,..there's alot of shore area to fish from at BG where you can still hit the "Spot" from as far as casting,..you need a boat dude,..even a Pontoon would work for you,..you hit up BG alot there's gotta be some other WL members that you can hook up with,..either way just let people know and I'm sure they wont take a chance and have any BEEF with you,..cause like I said,..you're a BIG boy and people in general are a little skidish when confronted,..what are you like 6'-4" or so? JUST STAND UP,..and I bet they will honor your request!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Alfredosauce
Petty Officer

Post by Alfredosauce » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:04 pm

brownbomber wrote:I know exactly who and what your talking about Alfredo,..man like Aarron said,..make a stake,..you're a big boy and if you just stand up people notice,..these people are very rude and you have to make a stand and let them know you need your space,..I doubt it will, but if it gets confrontational,..then just bounce,..there's alot of shore area to fish from at BG where you can still hit the "Spot" from as far as casting,..you need a boat dude,..even a Pontoon would work for you,..you hit up BG alot there's gotta be some other WL members that you can hook up with,..either way just let people know and I'm sure they wont take a chance and have any BEEF with you,..cause like I said,..you're a BIG boy and people in general are a little skidish when confronted,..what are you like 6'-4" or so? JUST STAND UP,..and I bet they will honor your request!

BB
This is true, haha. I have begun taking more stuff with me i between chair cooler and tackle box the only place they have left to crowd me is directly in front of me. And that only puts them in perfect position for a foot in the back *Splash* only kidding, but i have been having better luck recently (with people, not the fish :scratch: )
"To my father, the highest commandment was to do whatever his sons wanted him to do, especially if it meant to go fishing."

"A fisherman, though, takes a hangover as a matter of course - after a couple of hours of fishing, it goes away, all except the dehydration, but then he is standing all day in water."

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:30 pm

Just an idea.....Bear spray would clear the dock pretty fast:-" :rambo:

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:24 am

hahahahahahaha Kevinb.A dead skunk would work too.But I dont want to smell it either while I'm fishing.It is a good idea though.Make a putred smelling vial that you can set up near your fishing spot.People will smell it then stay away .I can see it know at Cabelas.Call it "KeepAway".hehehe
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:35 am

I just won't shower for a few days:-$

JSANDERS
Angler

Post by JSANDERS » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:46 am

kevinb wrote:I just won't shower for a few days:-$
Like you ever do.
Get off vacation already and get back to work

Alfredosauce
Petty Officer

Post by Alfredosauce » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:44 am

kevinb wrote:Just an idea.....Bear spray would clear the dock pretty fast:-" :rambo:
HAHA and it would be so subtle as well... :batman:

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:25 pm

JSANDERS wrote:
kevinb wrote:I just won't shower for a few days:-$
Like you ever do.
Get off vacation already and get back to work
Capt.J
about time you got in here

TheOne
Warrant Officer

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:03 pm

man i hate that stuff aswell.that kind of stuff pisses me off.and makes me leave.after that had happend to me a few times.i just bought a $50 blow up raft.and now i can hit spots noone can get to. so if i were you id get a raft ive seen some for like $20
''Treat people and animals the way you would want to be treated''
catch and release!! ~Dont worry about me and what i do.worry about your own self~

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:13 pm

glad to say havent had this happen yet. seen it a few times and think i would have been the target at la camas lake thursday but they decided to go elsewhere. good info to have we have a large "baltic" population down here. and thats what was headed towards me thursday.

and for your info the police trem for a-- hole is an "adam henry"

as far as the dog thing im am a dog love and would hate to hook their dog, but poo happens

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:10 am

When I have people crowd me like that, I have a sure-fire way to get rid of them. I reel in my line, tie on a big crankbait, and start hooking every line that was too close to me. I reel them in, apologize, then as soon as they're back in the water I do it again. And again. And again.

They may not speak English too good but they can figure out they won't catch any fish if I keep reeling in their bait.
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

zbo
Petty Officer

Post by zbo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:38 am

handyman, i am with you all the way. There is soooooo many "baltic" people or as i call them, russians, that it drives me crazy. They always take over their limit, and fish everyday of the week after somewhere gets stocked.

PaulReilly
Petty Officer

Post by PaulReilly » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:55 am

zbo wrote:handyman, i am with you all the way. There is soooooo many "baltic" people or as i call them, russians, that it drives me crazy. They always take over their limit, and fish everyday of the week after somewhere gets stocked.
Careful Bro, thats a gross ethnic generalization. I mean there are plenty of sterotypes to go around....

I've got a great 'baltic' friend who is about conservation to his core.

I'm sure there is PLENTY of non-baltic white, black, brown, yellow, red, and green people who keep more than their limits too.

I understand your frusteration, but let not pin it on "the russians"

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:42 am

As far as people fishing everyday and over fishing an area.Bravo for them that they even have the time to do it.Dude I get 2 days for fishing. Sat /Sun.If i could fish everyday I would too.As long as they buy licenses and fish legal I have no probs with anyone fishing near me.We live in the greatest country in the world and we get new people all the time.They buy gear,bait,licenses,drinks and food while they fish.They are helping our fishing economy as does everyone else.Be patient with newcomers.We can learn from them as they can learn from us.Isnt there enough hatred and killing going on all over the world.Im not trying to preach a sermon.I'm just tired of all the bigotry and hatred that goes around our great country.Like Paul said I see lots of folks of all kinds keeping shakers in the sound.Or small trout on opening day.Lots of folks cheat.Its one of those unfortunate things that happen.Remember we are AMERICANS.Lets act like it.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:46 pm

=d> =d> =d> good comment racfish,..like you said way 2 much HATRED in our Country,..need 2 lighten up a bit and just fish,..with all the bodies of water around us,..how can you lose? Just zip it and toss your line,..and smile cause it's not that serious! Life's way 2 short! Just fish!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"