willapa bay for pontoon fishing

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
VHMLLC
Commander

willapa bay for pontoon fishing

Post by VHMLLC » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:30 pm

goin to willapa bay the 15th for the weekend taking my 8ft toon. Anybody have any suggestions for fishing in the bay or up some of the slughs? i dont have any saltwater gear so that could be a problem.

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

VHMLLC
Commander

RE:willapa bay for pontoon fishing

Post by VHMLLC » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:26 pm

any one hello echo echo.

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:27 am

What would you be targeting Stan?
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

matador
Petty Officer

Post by matador » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:07 pm

I'm assumming you're going for Kings... fish with a droper weight 1-5oz depending on current just make sure you are on the bottom in the inner bay. For bait use a cut plug or whole herring trolled beind a cone flasher... Some people use divers but unless you want to pick eel grass off your diver every 10 mins I don't recommend it.

Schedule your fishing trips around the incoming tide its by far the better bite.

Williapa has some pigs if you don't have salmon gear you're going to be in for the fight of your life.

Good luck!