Secret Lakes with no pic?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Secret Lakes with no pic?

Post by Rob G. » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:39 am

Ok, I propose an unwritten rule for secret lake reports. If you don't have a pic then don't bother. I'm not suggesting that any of you would strecth the truth or anything, but when I see reports of huge fish caught on "secret lakes" with no pic, it's annoying. The whole point of me going to the secret lake reports is so I can be jealous and happy for all you with a secret spot for pulling out big fish. Not to wonder why the heck I'm reading some great report with no "proof" on a lake that I'll never get to fish.

Now, I understand that a lot of you have met each other and probably have visited the lakes you're reporting on, and you just want to let your homies know what you've been up to recently. But I had to work on the day of the BBQ and I'm pist that I missed it! So when I see the secret lake reports, I want pics! LOL So no more of this; went lake blah blah, and I caught seven 5 pounders in a row within an hour, wow this lake is great! stuff. Or went to lake fibs a lot, and caught my PB 25inch 6 lb hold over trout w/ no pic. Use your cell phone for cryin out loud!

Maybe I just need to go fishing........be cool guys
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chin_nook
Petty Officer

RE:Secret Lakes with no pic?

Post by Chin_nook » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:19 am

What's that old saying????

A fishing story with out proof is just a fish story. A fishing story with proof(pics) is a Report!

big fish lite line
Commander

Post by big fish lite line » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:11 pm

i'll try to post pics from now on.
hurdle the dead and trample the weak

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:19 pm

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but who cares? :dwarf: :eye: :albino:

In the words of the great Cartman, "Whateva - I do what I want!" :elephant:
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:43 pm

My thought on the subject is that sure there are probably a lot of false reports from people, but then again the same could be said for the regular reports. I fail to see the gripe here because when haven't you heard an unbelievable fishing tale from a random person that could and most likely is fiction. I have personally posted a few secret lake reports WITH pictures, but I made sure that the background would not give it away (i.e. back toward thick bushes). Mabey some don't post pic's for the simple fact that there are a lot of "secret" lakes that aren't so "secret" that a lot of others fish and they don't want to give away the location from the scenery in the pic. I could be wrong but I feel that the secret lakes section was made for a pure entertainment factor, more or less a "fish tale", truth stretched or not.

Gotta go camping and fishing on the Cle Elum River for the weekend, see ya Sunday.

Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob G. » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:51 am

mallard83 wrote:My thought on the subject is that sure there are probably a lot of false reports from people, but then again the same could be said for the regular reports. I fail to see the gripe here because when haven't you heard an unbelievable fishing tale from a random person that could and most likely is fiction. I have personally posted a few secret lake reports WITH pictures, but I made sure that the background would not give it away (i.e. back toward thick bushes). Mabey some don't post pic's for the simple fact that there are a lot of "secret" lakes that aren't so "secret" that a lot of others fish and they don't want to give away the location from the scenery in the pic. I could be wrong but I feel that the secret lakes section was made for a pure entertainment factor, more or less a "fish tale", truth stretched or not.

Gotta go camping and fishing on the Cle Elum River for the weekend, see ya Sunday.

I think that's a good point. Oh, by the way I'm only about 25% serious in my gripe, I would like to see more pics in the secret lakes though. To me, it just makes it all the more fun. Even if you did photo shop a bass from another site into your post, it's just more fun to see pics. That's all.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:59 am

Drewp wrote:I mean this in the nicest way possible, but who cares? :dwarf: :eye: :albino:

In the words of the great Cartman, "Whateva - I do what I want!" :elephant:

Spoken like a true,..well what can I say,..I'll be nice,..a report without pics is just a story to read,..the proof is in the pudding,..or in this case the pic! Good topic Rob!

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:11 pm

If you catch nice fish why would you not want to show them,if you catch alot of dinkers take a pic of one at least or just dont post a report.Im sure everyone dont like hearing about your sega bass catch or rapala wii day of fishing,get out,catch some fish,post a pic it, stands so much better with your report:cheers:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:12 pm

If you catch nice fish why would you not want to show them,if you catch alot of dinkers take a pic of one at least or just dont post a report.Im sure everyone dont like hearing about your sega bass catch or rapala wii day of fishing,get out,catch some fish,post a pic it, stands so much better with your report:cheers:

Team OLYBOYZ

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:37 pm

I concur Sparky,..2 me there's always,..I say again,..always a way 2 take a pic of your catch on a Secret Lake without actually showing any type of landmarks 2 give away the spot,..unless of course you don't have a camera,..wich 2 me is just plain lame,..this gives credence 2 your report,..plus we all want 2 applaude the Angler for a job well done,..1st thing you read when you see a report with no pic is,...."Pics"? I posted a report 2 days ago on my Secret Lake with pics of some dinks,..but,..I landed my PB from that spot so I know they are there,..at least I took a pic!

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:30 pm

Drewp wrote: In the words of the great Cartman, "Whateva - I do what I want!" :elephant:
But Mom....respect my authoriteh!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:47 am

My cell phone doesn't have a camera. Luckily, I only catch dinks so I won't ever have to worry about this hehe

Granted, if anyone ever needs to hire a semi-pro photographer to go along and document your fishing trip, I'm your man. I've got some serious photo equipment here....
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:45 am

The reason I don't post pic's all the time is I like to keep going and catching big fish. A lot of guys PM me and want to fish the Lks I'm getting these fish in and when I tell them I will not take any one that keeps the fish I don't here any thing else from those guys. And the same for Lks that every one knows where they are. Take Long Lk in Kitsap, I posted many pics of the fish that Marc and I have caught and when we go back and see guys keeping the fish. And I see many pics that guys take of there HAWGS and they are at home. C&R I think not! Thats why I don't post on every fish I get. They will not be there next year. Yesterday I went to 3-fingers and ran into some guys who said we have been keeping the fish we catch for the past 7 weeks and this is why I don't post the pics some people see them and know you tossed them back, go there and keep every thing they catch not even thinking they are killing there next few years to come!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:04 am

Good point Trent,..but pics are always nice 2 see!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:26 pm

Hold the camera yourself or your buddy,put the camera down low and take the pic toward the sky,Let me see you get that spot haha

Team OLYBOYZ

delyakguy
Warrant Officer

Post by delyakguy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:55 am

I agree totally with this topic. But I do not have a digital camera and my cell phone is nextel walkie talkie but no camera, also I am not one to take pics. Even with big fish I hate pics. But I will not pass up the chance to take a pic(when available) of a big fish to post on here or NWBasser. A lot of these posts about dream fishing outings at this swimming pool sized lake and dont have pics, I SMELL BULLSHIT!!!

If a fish is that big, who wouldnt do everything possible to get photos of them. A camera is a necessity of any fishermans tacklebox in this world of fishing websites, reports and uncanny ability to smell BS!!!
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:18 am

Hey delyak,..I have a Digital Camera for you if you're interested,..PM me! Cause "WE WANT TO SEE THOSE LUNKERS"!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:37 pm

BrownBomber wrote:I concur Sparky,..2 me there's always,..I say again,..always a way 2 take a pic of your catch on a Secret Lake without actually showing any type of landmarks 2 give away the spot,..unless of course you don't have a camera,..wich 2 me is just plain lame,..this gives credence 2 your report,..plus we all want 2 applaude the Angler for a job well done,..1st thing you read when you see a report with no pic is,...."Pics"? I posted a report 2 days ago on my Secret Lake with pics of some dinks,..but,..I landed my PB from that spot so I know they are there,..at least I took a pic!

BB
You are right about the fact that there is always a way to take a picture without giving away a spot, but not everyone thinks or remembers that they will be posting it on the net for all to see at the time of the photo. I personally have a decent amount of photos that I would not put on this site just for the simple fact that they are dead giveaways as to where the locations are.

I am with you though that it is nice to see pics with a report.

It is really pretty pathetic when people outright lie about a fishing excursion. People that do this get some sort of sick self satisfaction from it because no one on a website can actually prove them wrong on it. In some wierd way it makes these types of people feel better about themselves, like they actually accomplished something huge. I have a "friend" more-so an acquaintence, that lied on another fishing forum website about how many kings that he had caught on the Skykomish River. I know that he lied because my brother had talked to him a few days after such claim and he said he had caught nothing that day, but what he didn't know was my brother was "lurking" on that sight at the time. Caught in his own lie.

I am not saying that I have not "bent the truth" about a fishing outing to a friend in order to get him going, but I have never outright lied. I haven't even "bent the truth" on this site because I have no reason to. If I don't want to disclose info/pics of a great catch, I simply won't.

Just remember; some people are great at telling fish stories .......and others are great at fishing.

:^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o:^o :^o :^o
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:52 pm

Rob G. wrote:Ok, I propose an unwritten rule for secret lake reports. If you don't have a pic then don't bother.

Using your rational, shouldn't people post pictures for every report, secret or not? Because no photo = no proof, no fun to read, so not a good report at all and possibly false??

Pictures can easily give away the spot your fishing at. And if people give false reports, thats their own security problem, like Mallard mentioned. If they want to fabricate a report, let them, if it makes them feel better, so be it. Just choose what you want to read and believe.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:34 pm

:^o I like to post the smaller guys so every one thinks thats all I'm catching. :-" Never seen the one that got away!
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!