NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
drcouv
Angler

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by drcouv » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:29 am

Dan
Burien
Fishing-computers-carpenter
Computer tech
Salmon & Steelhead
From the Columbia river south to the Skagit river north and every river in between.
30 + years
Fishing with uncle as a kid
Work
Collect Salmon & Steelhead prints

beefisher
Angler

Post by beefisher » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:01 am

Hello! My name is Bee, age 25, and from Renton, WA. I'm new to fishing and found this website to have great people and info. Since I'm just learning about this sport, I don't have a favorite species just yet. Nibbles are exciting itself. Small lakes around the area have been the spots for me - but not very much luck.

Thanks and good fishing to all!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:53 am

Bee I've been fishing since I could walk and I get totally excited over nibbles and bites.If I had to survive on what I caught I wouldnt be doing Weight Watchers.Its not about catching as much as its about the sport of relaxing and enjoying good friends while doing it to me.Welcome all you .This is a great place to learn new tricks from.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:14 am

Name: Joe
Hobbies: Boxing Instructor,..Softball,..Chevy K-5 Blazers,..Vintage T-Birds,..Camping,..and of course FISHING with my son!
What you do: Union Journeyman Ironworker Local 86

Favorite species to fish for: SMB and the elusive LMB

Where you fish the most: Lake Washington

How long have you been fishing: Since I was 8,..used to go down to the piers in San Pedro, Cali and fish for Makerel,..they would run along the pier,..I used a trebel hook and some foil on a drop line,..wrapped the hook with foil and the Makerel would hit it because it was so shiny,..used to bring home gunny saks full of fish,..mom loved it! But only since 2005 on the serious note.

How you got introduced: My uncle in L.A.

What you do when you are not fishing: Wishing I was fishing!

Your favorite picture:Terrible pic but my PB Bucketmouth 5lbs 11oz 22" taken @ Secret Lake.
Attachments
Lunker_Large.jpg
Lunker_Large.jpg (44.24 KiB) Viewed 2165 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:38 am

Welcome Aboard beefisher,..I live in Skyway,..up the hill from you and I know alot about the small lakes around you and what to fish for,..send me a PM and we can chat about it,..I also luanch from Coloun quite alot,..usually me and my son but 3 is the max otherwise it's too crowded,..I can take you out on Lk Wash sometimes,..let me know,..all-n-all have fun and keep fishing.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Alfredosauce
Petty Officer

Post by Alfredosauce » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:33 pm

Name: Freddy (legally Alfredo)

Hobbies: Video Games, Fishing and Shooting.

What You Do: Work in a warehouse, doing customer service for orders/ fulltime college student.

Favorite Species To Fish For: I love fishing for most fish favorite would either be Trout or surf perch.

Where You Fish The Most: I Grew up in hillsboro OR, so i mostly fished around the coastal range in oregon all my life.
Hagg lake, on the columbia, the clatskanie River, My favorite spot for trout is Lost lake off of highway 26. I hope to find some good spots to fish around washington though since i am new to the area.

How Long You Have Been Fishing: I have been fishing since i was about 3 or 4, landing my first beast with my zebco mickey mouse pole. :thumleft:

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My dad has been taking me fishing and hunting trips since i could walk, so it is him i have to thank for introducing me to fish

As i said before i am very new to fishing in this area so i joined this site to find some spots close to me that i can fish at.

no pics on this computer (at work) maybe at a later time.
"To my father, the highest commandment was to do whatever his sons wanted him to do, especially if it meant to go fishing."

"A fisherman, though, takes a hangover as a matter of course - after a couple of hours of fishing, it goes away, all except the dehydration, but then he is standing all day in water."

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:27 pm

Welcome new members!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

mappum
Angler

Post by mappum » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:01 pm

Name: Matt
Hobbies: Computer stuff, getting into skateboarding and fishing
What You Do: Go to Kamiak High School
Favorite Species To Fish For: Trout/bass
Where You Fish The Most: Any lake nearby (Silver lake, lake serene, some small lakes) and any summer camp I go to
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Probably 8 years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Whenever I went to summer camp I would fish with other people and also my grandpa was an avid fisherman
What Do You Do When You're Not Fishing: Web/graphic design (my future career), video games
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:33 pm

hello every one. thanks for the great resource (WL.COM) i love the info that is here and some of the comments are very funny. thanks and keep it coming, as i will file as much as possiable

stan
Age, 43
Location, vancouver
Hobbies, fishing, fixing things and loving life
What You Do, general contractor
Favorite Species To Fish For, anything that will bite !
Where You Fish The Most, local lakes
How Long You Have Been Fishing, 30 years with a 20 year break
How You Got Introduced To Fishing, grampa
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing, log on to WL.com

stan.
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

papamike
Petty Officer

Post by papamike » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:59 am

Just found this. I suppose I should say who I am.

My name is Mike, Im 49,
I live on the northeast side of Spokane,
My usual fishing partner is Gabe my 8 year old grandson who loves to fish he has been fishing since just befor his 3rd birthday,
We fish mostly for trout.
I have a 14ft. hews river runner.
In my spair time I repair networks and copiers.
Gabe and I fish local lakes mostly north to jump off joe, and west to sprague.
I have been fishing for about 43 yrs.
My Mother started me in the sound at redondo "the old pier" and a hand line.
Largest fish to date is a 18lb cat out of sprague, last year June.
Gabes biggest and first all by himself a 18in rainbow, west medical just befor his 4th birthday.
I bow hunt, snow ski, go camping with my family.
My older brother told me about this site a fiew years ago.

sunshine
Petty Officer

Post by sunshine » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:32 pm

I saw this thread weeks ago, and meant to get back to it....It seems to be losing steam since last year, but here we go...

Name - Erin

Age - 30

Location - Lake Stevens, Wa

Hobbies - Fishing, reading about fishing, restoring our 72 Sea Ray, computers...

What You Do - Formerly IT Tech for Safeway...currently a dedicated fisherwoman

Favorite Species To Fish For - Any...but Salmon is the focus for now

Where You Fish The Most - Lake Stevens, 3 Lakes, and Area 9

How Long You Have Been Fishing - all my life

How You Got Introduced To Fishing - Fishing with grandpa as a kid, Every summer on Twin Lakes in Collville

What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing- Read up on fishing, look for a job.....(really I'm on this site most of the time)

Glad to have found you guys, I feel like family already!

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:09 pm

Whats up WL Family, its been a while. I might as well introduce myself again its been so long lol. Im still around, still alive anyway. Not fishin as much as I would like. A mineral trip, a few potholes trips and some salmon outings since I last posted. I won the battles with Mineral and the potholes, but walked away beaten and bloody after going a few rounds salmon fishing.

Gas prices have been killing my fishing, and a broken computer and work (70 hour work week next week) have been keeping me from posting. I am heading to the potholes tommarow, so I will try and check back with you all with the results. Good luck to everyone until then.

Garrett

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:20 pm

gpc wrote:Whats up WL Family, its been a while. I might as well introduce myself again its been so long lol. Im still around, still alive anyway. Not fishin as much as I would like. A mineral trip, a few potholes trips and some salmon outings since I last posted. I won the battles with Mineral and the potholes, but walked away beaten and bloody after going a few rounds salmon fishing.

Gas prices have been killing my fishing, and a broken computer and work (70 hour work week next week) have been keeping me from posting. I am heading to the potholes tommarow, so I will try and check back with you all with the results. Good luck to everyone until then.

Garrett

Miss ya man. Hope to see a report when you get back. Good luck out there. And don't be such a stranger, we need your knowledge around here.
Glad your still alive.

Also, Welcome to all the new members. Your family now. Kick your shoes off and stay awhile.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

InsaneDevan
Angler

Post by InsaneDevan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 pm

(Name
Hobbies
What You Do
Favorite Species To Fish For
Where You Fish The Most
How Long You Have Been Fishing
How You Got Introduced To Fishing
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing
Your Favorite Picture)

Devan
Shoreline (Helena, Montana is where I really live, but I am visiting washington)
Fishing
NA
Bass, Trout
Spring Meadow Lake, Helena, MT
Not sure
My Dad
Wish I am fishing
Image( caught this little guy on my fly rod.)

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:20 pm

racfish wrote:Bee I've been fishing since I could walk and I get totally excited over nibbles and bites.If I had to survive on what I caught I wouldnt be doing Weight Watchers.Its not about catching as much as its about the sport of relaxing and enjoying good friends while doing it to me.Welcome all you .This is a great place to learn new tricks from.
could not have said it better my self that why i got back it to fishing and this web site. mike thanks for my sanity back.

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:28 pm

racfish wrote:Bee I've been fishing since I could walk and I get totally excited over nibbles and bites.If I had to survive on what I caught I wouldnt be doing Weight Watchers.Its not about catching as much as its about the sport of relaxing and enjoying good friends while doing it to me.Welcome all you .This is a great place to learn new tricks from.
Welcome to all the new members. Your family now. Kick your shoes off and stay awhile.

could not have said it better my self that why i got back it to fishing and this web site. mike thanks for my sanity back. and thanks i do feel like family.

:viking:
Stan.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

VA2OR2WA
Angler

Post by VA2OR2WA » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:47 pm

Name - Joey Holland
Age - 31
Location - Bremerton
Hobbies - Cycling, studying history
What You Do - Coast Guard
Favorite Species To Fish For - Rainbow Trout, Bass, Panfish
Where You Fish The Most - I have been in Kitsap 2yrs but haven't ventured out too much to the area lakes.
How Long You Have Been Fishing - 27 years off and on
How You Got Introduced To Fishing - My dad
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing - Graduate student, raising two boys (3 and 1), work

Although I have been in Kitsap for 2 years now, I haven't made the time to get out and fish. I enjoy both regular and fly fishing and need to make some contacts to show me around or help me figure out where to go to escape.

TheOne
Warrant Officer

Post by TheOne » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:34 am

Nmae)Anthony
Age )18
Location) poop
hobbies) blowing stuff up and fishing and rideing motorcycles and helping poeple out and makeing people smile and picking up trash and haveing fun!!
what you do) nothing at the moment.im trying to find my place in life first b4 i do anything.
favorite species to fish for) trout,shark and what ever eles bites
how long you have been fishing)since i was about 3-4 years of age so about 15-16 years. im gonna say 10 to be safe
how you got intoduced to fishing) lol my dad who elese?
what do you do wen not fishing?) i like to party it up and have fun.and be real real lazy untill i go fishing! :).....
''Treat people and animals the way you would want to be treated''
catch and release!! ~Dont worry about me and what i do.worry about your own self~

TheOne
Warrant Officer

Post by TheOne » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:38 am

InsaneDevan wrote:(Name
Hobbies
What You Do
Where You Fish The Most
Your Favorite Picture)

Devan
Shoreline (Helena, Montana is where I really live, but I am visiting washington)
Fishing
NA
Bass, Trout
Not sure
My Dad
Wish I am fishing

hey i noticed that you have a the same fly rod as me.only i took off the fly reel and i put on a open cast reel on mine! :).it works sweet for river fishing.
''Treat people and animals the way you would want to be treated''
catch and release!! ~Dont worry about me and what i do.worry about your own self~

InsaneDevan
Angler

Post by InsaneDevan » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:56 am

TheOne wrote:
InsaneDevan wrote:(Name
Hobbies
What You Do
Where You Fish The Most
Your Favorite Picture)

Devan
Fishing
NA
Bass, Trout
Not sure
My Dad
Wish I am fishing

hey i noticed that you have a the same fly rod as me.only i took off the fly reel and i put on a open cast reel on mine! :).it works sweet for river fishing.
Sweet.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”