Stuffed Grape Leaves

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Stuffed Grape Leaves

Post by racfish » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:48 pm

This weekend is the weekend I make Dolmathes(stuffed grape leaves).I make all vegetarian ones.I pick the leaves fresh from a special strain of grapes I grow at home.I stuff with a rice mixture.In the rice is of course long grain white rice,pine nuts,parsley fresh thyme and Greek oregano.Roll them up and bake with olive oil and lemon juice.Cool them down and chill.Then serve with fresh sprigs of parsley and lemon wedges.Makes a great hor D'ourves.Serve chilled.Its a pain in the rear to make but the rewards are happy guests.I make mine Greek style as opposed to the Turkish style.I'll find the recipe and print it up soon.
Attachments
stuffed_grape_leaves.jpg
stuffed_grape_leaves.jpg (39.28 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

VHMLLC
Commander

RE:Stuffed Grape Leaves

Post by VHMLLC » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:57 pm

so when is the cook book coming out. you have to publish some of your recipes. i am a foodie and love my traeger grill. im allways looking for good recipes to use with the grill.
hope to meet you some day.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

Chin_nook
Petty Officer

Post by Chin_nook » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:17 pm

I think you meant to say Dolmades. Still you make my mouth water. Oh the memories of this little thin gorgeous Greek gal I use to date back in the early 80's. She would cook up so much it was more of an entree. How I can remember the smell of a big pot of those cooking up. Stuffed with veal or lamb or pork and served on a bed of wild rice, garlic stuffed green olives....um ummmm ummm.

Please do share your recipe because I would hate to have to call my ex gf......she ain't thin and gorgeous anymore:-&

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:48 pm

Chin_nook wrote:I think you meant to say Dolmades. Still you make my mouth water. Oh the memories of this little thin gorgeous Greek gal I use to date back in the early 80's. She would cook up so much it was more of an entree. How I can remember the smell of a big pot of those cooking up. Stuffed with veal or lamb or pork and served on a bed of wild rice, garlic stuffed green olives....um ummmm ummm.

Please do share your recipe because I would hate to have to call my ex gf......she ain't thin and gorgeous anymore:-&
dude your killing me. lmao.
:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:35 am

Sorry there Chinookie But I did mean Dolmathes.Dolmades is the gringo way to say them.My family are from Rhodos and Soloniki.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:13 am

those grape leaves are so thin it must be hard to filet them apart to stuff them. You must have a real sharp knife and a real steady hand.#-o

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:18 am

I have neither but I have patience.In some ways cooking and fishing are similar.Patience is the key.I'll have a recipe and a pic later today.I typed it once allready but my computer froze up and I lost it all.

Return to “Culinary Delights - Fish Recipes”