lacamas lake

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
mikecrawford16
Petty Officer

lacamas lake

Post by mikecrawford16 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:25 am

Yesterday me and my buddies went to Lacamas Lake to fish for trout. When we got there the weather was just garbage, rain and strong winds. Then we go across the bridge to the undercover of the trees, then within moments of when I first casted into the water I had a bite. So I was yellin at my buddy to come over and help me out, really to grab the fish off of the hook, and it was a nice atleast 5 inch trout, Im pretty sure it was a hybrid mix between a brown and a rainbow. Please correct me if Im wrong! Then later my buddies caught 3 more fish, 2 rainbow and 1 brown. Then this nice hispanic man gave us a nice rainbow at least 6 inches. And then me and my friend took the fish home did the nessecary cleaning procedures and then we had fried TROUT, man it was delicious

lskiles
Commander

RE:lacamas lake

Post by lskiles » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:56 am

Good job, Mike. Sounds like fun was had by all!

Did you make a report in the report section with bait/lure selection/color, weather and water conditions, time of day, etc.?

We need more reports of greater detail so both experienced and novice fisherman can get the most of this site!

Again, sounds like a great time! I will be out either there or maybe down to Vancouver Lake this week end.

FISHKILLER
Petty Officer

Post by FISHKILLER » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:14 pm

I fished the northern end of Lacamas on April 13th and 26th. On the 13th we caught 3 15" trout and a handfull of smalled cuthrout. On the 26th we only got 1 10" rainbow and some perch.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:09 pm

sounds like fun, i would have been with you guys but i had some other things to do, mike we just got back and we caught five more trout.....GOOD TIMES
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

colton
Petty Officer

Post by colton » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:57 pm

do you guys know what works for browns here. is it the same as rainbows because ive thrown everything and produced nothing

lskiles
Commander

Post by lskiles » Thu May 01, 2008 7:27 am

colton wrote:do you guys know what works for browns here. is it the same as rainbows because ive thrown everything and produced nothing
Have not caught a brown here yet this year, but last year I caught browns and rainbows from the same "hole" with worms on a slip bobber and I caught my PB brown on a black/olive wolly bugger casting with a clear bobber up the creek aways.

Hope that helps!

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Thu May 01, 2008 7:31 am

we catch browns using spoons and bluefox's. just cast out and reel in.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

sending videos soon.

mikecrawford16
Petty Officer

Post by mikecrawford16 » Thu May 01, 2008 8:12 am

lskiles wrote:Good job, Mike. Sounds like fun was had by all!

Did you make a report in the report section with bait/lure selection/color, weather and water conditions, time of day, etc.?

We need more reports of greater detail so both experienced and novice fisherman can get the most of this site!

Again, sounds like a great time! I will be out either there or maybe down to Vancouver Lake this week end.
Hey Iskiles I didn't post a report I dont think with my lack of expeirence that my input would make a difference

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:40 pm

I catch most of my Lacamas trout while fishing for bass. Rat-L-Traps and crankbaits account for alot of Browns and Rainbows. The few times that I actually target trout, I use spinners like Panther Martins and Mepps. The inlet channel on the north end of the lake produces well as does the deep water near the seaplane dock.

lskiles
Commander

Post by lskiles » Mon May 05, 2008 8:26 am

mikecrawford16 wrote:
lskiles wrote:Good job, Mike. Sounds like fun was had by all!

Hey Iskiles I didn't post a report I dont think with my lack of expeirence that my input would make a difference
I think that your reports would have value. We all benifit from each others experience in this. I have not been fishing for that long, but I give reports on most of my outings in order to give a little back to this site. As long as you are accurate and somewhat detailed in your report it will be useful.

1Timothy 4:12

mikecrawford16
Petty Officer

Post by mikecrawford16 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:19 am

I think that your reports would have value. We all benifit from each others experience in this. I have not been fishing for that long, but I give reports on most of my outings in order to give a little back to this site. As long as you are accurate and somewhat detailed in your report it will be useful.

1Timothy 4:12
[/quote]

I guess that makes sence

zbo
Petty Officer

Post by zbo » Fri May 16, 2008 11:27 am

how much meat did the 6 inch tour have???? thats tiny!

we need to have a river vs. union fishing derby at lacamas soon

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Fri May 16, 2008 11:03 pm

zbo wrote:how much meat did the 6 inch tour have???? thats tiny!

I AM IN!!!!

but NO POWERBAIT
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 16, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Max's Video Production

sending videos soon.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat May 17, 2008 12:57 am

zbo wrote:how much meat did the 6 inch tour have???? thats tiny!

Not much. But 10 inch trout, IF and only if they have been living in a lake for some time and have been keying in on natural food sources, are great pan fried....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

zbo
Petty Officer

Post by zbo » Sat May 17, 2008 9:46 am

max its on bro. i say 4 to a team, but idk how to determine winner, like what are we going for and is most caught or biggest or what

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:15 pm

hmmmm let me think we could have a bass master classic like weigh in at the end of the day lol.

Max's Video Production

sending videos soon.

Dillpepsi123
Petty Officer

Post by Dillpepsi123 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:35 pm

For those of you wondering about catching browns on lacamas its simple. I use a rapala countdown in rainbow trout color. Its produces borwn trout every time i hit up lacamas. I just cant tell you the honey hole though, all i can say is when you find it.....its 5 star fishin! Just jerk the rapala with your rod tip and reel the slack, jerk reel, jerk reel and so on. Just try it some time and you'll find out!

jblacker
Angler

Post by jblacker » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:03 pm

any tips on where to fish lacamas? i went saturday morning, fished the west end into the creek mouth aznd only found a couple of perch. i threw a ton of different flies and got skunked.

thanks
jb