i might have to keep over the limit

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
michaelunbewust
Commander

RE:i might have to keep over the limit

Post by michaelunbewust » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:14 am

I SAVE OVER $3000 PER YEAR IN GROCERIES ALONE, FROM 1 ELK, 1 DEER, BAGS OF PERCH/WALLEYE/BASS/SALMON/HALIBUT/BOTTOMFISH PER YEAR. I PLAN MY FISHING TRIPS WITH OTHERS (SPLIT EXPENSES), EVEN, POSTING ON HERE AND CRAIGSLIST (8 GUYS TO POTHOLES THIS SPRING WAS AROUND $50 A PERSON, AND, I KNEW ONLY 1 GUY), SO, I KNOW THE SAVINGS CAN BE THERE, IF YOU CHOOSE TO CATCH JUST YOUR LIMIT (THE ONLY THING YOUR ENTITLED TO WITH THE PURCHASE OF A LICENSE). PLUS, I KNOW NUMEROUS GUYS ON THIS WEBSITE, THAT IF YOU WERE THAT IN NEED OF SOME FOOD, THEY WOULD DONATE A COUPLE OF THIER OWN LIMITS FOR YOUR FREEZER (JUST ASK). THE ONLY THING I WOULD DISAGREE WITH, WITH FORMERLY BEING A SINGLE-DAD IS GOING TO THE FOOD BANKS. HATE TO DISAGREE WITH DAVE, BUT, ITS NOT OUTDATED BREAD THAT IS BAD AT THESE PLACES, BUT, THE MOLD IN THE BREAD BAG, THE SPOILED OUT-OF-DATE MILK, ETC. I KNOW BEGGERS CANNOT BE CHOOSERS, BUT, I SERVE VOLUNTEER HOURS AT A COUPLE OF FOOD BANKS IN TOWN A COUPLE OF TIMES WEEKLY, AND, THE BEST FOOD IS GONE INSTANTLY, AND, THE REST OF THE FOLKS GET CRAP, PLUS, TIMES ARE HARD FOR THOSE BANKS, ALSO, SO, THE SHELVES ARE BARE IN ALOT OF THESE FOOD BANKS WAREHOUSE'S. MY 2 CENTS, CHANGE SOME SPENDING HABITS LIKE EVERYONE HAS LISTED, BEFORE HAVING TO RESORT TO THE FOOD BANKS. IT CAN BE DONE!

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:22 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:TheOne: You wonder why you get crap from folks here when you post threads like this saying your going to poach???
I'm not sure what he's saying. So, if he catches 2 salmon, 5 trout from lakes, 5 LM Bass, 10 SM Bass, 5 Channel Cats, 1 Tiger Musky, 5 walleye, 15 whitefish, a ton of perch, pikeminnow, crappie, bluegill, and other game fish each day, he needs MORE? Geeeze man, how big is your family? #-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joshswrench
Petty Officer

Post by joshswrench » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:03 pm

MikeFishes wrote:
Sam Kafelafish wrote:TheOne: You wonder why you get crap from folks here when you post threads like this saying your going to poach???
I'm not sure what he's saying. So, if he catches 2 salmon, 5 trout from lakes, 5 LM Bass, 10 SM Bass, 5 Channel Cats, 1 Tiger Musky, 5 walleye, 15 whitefish, a ton of perch, pikeminnow, crappie, bluegill, and other game fish each day, he needs MORE? Geeeze man, how big is your family? #-o
i wish I could catch all that in one day! And if the suggestions haven't been enough Theone, I know when folks get in trouble in my church community, we all help out as much as we can. And if all else fails, do what I did when I was in that situation, join the military! You'll get more than just food for your family and I know they're hiring...
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tight lines, JG

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:32 pm

I seriously think this person put this topic up to get a rise out of people lol. Because like stated earlier, if they're making 4600 a month in their household, there shouldn't be a problem with having enough food.

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:49 am

Toni wrote:
TheOne wrote:since high gas prices are cutting my family down.its hard to buy food.and ima have to keep over the limit and hunt to feed us.
Have you tried food banks? it might be better than having your gear taken from you.
Yeah I cant condone poaching or breaking any other law since there are viable alternatives such as co-ops that usually sell food cheaper than chain grocery stores, food banks, charitable organizations (ie churches, non-profits), public assistance from the state, etc etc. I hope TheOne was just making a facetious statement when he started the thread.
Dave wrote:Just stepped back in to see all the great suggestions and ideas that all of you have come up with to help out TheOne. I don't believe his household qualifies for state assistance or food stamps though because their income is $4,600. a month.
well that isnt his "family" income, because it included relatives not in his immediate family like cousins, etc.

Well there is always bunkruptcy to get out of your unsecured debt (if you have any), will take a nasty whack to your credit but I'd rather sacrifice my credit score than commit a crime. I know a lot of people gasp at the notion and think its the cheap or cheaters way out, but sometimes credit counsiling or debt consolidation just isnt feasible for some people....the bad part is people who file for bankruptcy and then just go back to getting themselves into debt again or those who do it fraudulently. If unsecured debt is a problem, it doesnt hurt to just go talk to a bankruptcy lawyer, most have free initial consultations, but they themselves cost money....I talked to one awhile back and their fee was $950 plus the $299 filing fee.

And yes, I would not commit a crime if my "food ran out". To me poaching is the same as walking into a store and shoplifting. I know where there is enough perch and bluegill to make daily meals for my family. I live in a rural town so I could get a small chicken house going for daily eggs. I dont know your living situation but there are tons of "backyard" options for even city dwellers. I saw one person in spokane who dug up their entire yard and planted a garden...there was no grass in site!

Bucket gardens especially bucket potatos are so easy!)

Backyard Chickens
http://www.backyardchickens.com/
http://www.instructables.com/id/Backyard-Chicken-Coop/
http://home.centurytel.net/thecitychicken/

There are also a lot of orchards and farmers over here that sell their "seconds" at a pretty good price...these are fruits and vegetables that you wont see in grocery stores cause they might have a split, misshapen, or other cosmetic defect from keeping them from being "retail quality".
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owner, Bakercraft Lures - http://www.bakercraftlures.com/

flying_soldier
Petty Officer

Post by flying_soldier » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:22 pm

I doubt the patriotism of someone thinking about breaking the law but depending on how much you care for your state or country think about enlisting into the service. If full time active duty is not for you look into one of the reserve components. I know for a fact that the sign on bonus for the Washington National Guard is $20,000. That is a lot of money and if you are man enough to stick out the 9 weeks of basic training that will not only pay you full time active duty benefits you will only be serving one weekend a month and 2 weeks out of the summer. If you don't want to go to war and risk the battle field pick a job that doesn't involve pulling triggers. there are a ton out there, when is the last time you saw someone throwing a pencil or a ream of paper on the front lines. not to mention that you would be serving the state of Washington also. The national Guard does a lot of proud things for the united states...........just a thought, don't PM me with a bunch of anti war crap...you will be wasting your time. I am a soldier for life!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ultimately the courage to do the harder right rather than the
easier wrong is easiest to find when we are reminded regularly of the
immense sacrifices and miraculous bravery of people like our US soldiers."

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:01 pm

Same page

"And now,..Deep thoughts by Jack Handy"

TheOne
Warrant Officer

Post by TheOne » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:46 pm

well thanx for all your suggjestions.i was only makeing a statement.what i ment basicly was if there was a sitchuaton to were we had no food and my family was starving and there was no outher way to get food.i would do what i need to do to help my family. i know all of you would do the same.because if you didnt and just let your family starv to death then it really shows what kind of person you reallly are.i really didnt mean to upset anyone.but like i said i doubt that we would run out of food.i really dont think that would happen.lets just say somethign were to happen were the ecomony fell and everyone lost there jobs. like the great depreshion back in the 1920'? im not shure wen it was but i know it was long ago.then yea i would do what i need to do to feed my family i wouldnt let them just starv to death that would be stupid.but again.what im saying is just a statement if this kinda thing were to happen. so none of you can say you wouldnt do the same.cause you know you would if you had to...and that if you had to.like for me i would do it if i had to but i dont so ita all good right ow.but if stuff were to go down the by all means i would do anything for my family cause i know they would do the same for me. and you know i found out why the salmon population is running scarcely low. just yesterday wen i was fishing in my secret spot thats not so secret i saw some people in a boat runnig a huge net out and catching all the fish.and a few days ago i over herd a conversation of some people talking about. how im guessing WDFW was runnig kill nets and bonking all the fish and letting people jsut come up and grabb them.lol i no geinus but im prety shure the reason why the salmon population is so low is cause of stuff like runnig out kill nets and not letting salmon go and spaw.i thought the WDFW was supposed to protect the fish...but im not shure if it was the WDFW but thats what it sounded like.but man that is just a terrible thing man.i think useing nets to snagg fish should be illeagle.i mean its not reall fishing.theres no challenge and it leavs no outher fish for anglers.witch i think is sad.i enjoy going out and catching a few fish. weather its a bullhead ir a trou or a sun fish it dont matter its allway fun to fish.but seriously stop runnig out the kill nets.who ever does that needs to stop.cause your killing all the fish.and people please please catch and release..so that everyone has a chance to fish. and rember to "TREAT PEOPLE AND ANIMALS THEY WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED" thank you...
''Treat people and animals the way you would want to be treated''
catch and release!! ~Dont worry about me and what i do.worry about your own self~

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Not to stir your pot but we've already lost more jobs than what was lost in the Great Depression.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:27 pm

As a friendly reminder to all. Its never to late to plan for your retirement.
I now worry about the future but not the loss of food,fish or jobs.Just whos running it when I'm old:-"

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:01 pm

Toni wrote:
Dave wrote:Edit:
Desperate times call for]

I think I put Faith at number 1 or try to.
"Pro 30:7-9 I have asked two things from You Lord; do not deny them before I die;
remove far from me vanity and a lying word; give me neither poverty or riches; tear for me my portion of bread, lest I be full and deceive, and say, Who is the Lord? Or lest I be poor, and steal, and violate the name of my God."

I end up making it.
awsomely said guys. thanks for keeping the faith. TheOne you do what you think is right theres only one person you have to answer to on judgement day.
stan :viking:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

TheOne
Warrant Officer

Post by TheOne » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:50 am

well hopefully we will all be able to get through the chrisis that happing here in america.and hopefully things wont get to bad.to weare people are poaching.im hopeing that we can get someone in the oval office who will be able to make the correct decisions to get this nation back on track.so that things get better for us all.cause if stuff gets really bad people will poach.but man there are so many people in this world.like billions upon billions.its crazy.idk how each countrys goverment can feed all their people?i think that if america continues on the track its on.heres whats going to happen...gas will go above $10 per gallon a lot mostly middle and lower class people will lose their jobs.and since there would hardly be any jobs its going to be nearly impossible to get one.witch would leave people to fend for them selfs.poaching will become a huge problem throught the USA.there is going to be so much crime going on the US goverment just may declare marshel law.then we are going to be going to war really soo after all this.possibly even world war 3.and as the saying's go the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.and bad turns to worse.and that seems to be exactly whats going on.and the funny thing is.is that ther are over 300 million americans.who i think should stand up and say no and take this country back for the people.cause i mean theres over 300 million of us and only a few thousand of them.and i dont think its right for the goverment to push people to extreams to were they do have to poach to survive and wen they get caught they get in trubble.and thats BS.i really dont see how that is justice but thats the way the justice system is and it is boagus.and you gotta be 21 to buy liquer and drink it lol the age should be like 25 to buy liquer and drink it.and 21 to buy cigs and get a licens.sorr just thought id through that out there.but newaysss.........
''Treat people and animals the way you would want to be treated''
catch and release!! ~Dont worry about me and what i do.worry about your own self~

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Post by cobrar543 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:20 pm

WOW, ok...where to start..... This is the reason I have not talked to the kids about the problems we have here.... we are moving to Wa to fix some problems, but we have not talked to our kids about our problems. I have (7) kids and they think were all golden! We are dipping into the savings, sold our stocks, all the above. Kids worry about there parents just as we worry about them.
He is a great kid! I have read his posts and he has the making of a great sportsman! You all know it deep inside.
He is worried about his family and that is a person who cares! He knows he loves sports, and knows fish taist good..ie..family can be feed thru fishing...but this is not the real problem..
there is ALWAYS something in season, and we can always take that on if we want... but I salute all of you who care about a young man who is worried about his family....
Keep it all in perspective and give the cudo's when needed and the critisim to a min...
THE ONE..you can come fishing with me anytime you want!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:04 pm

JT26 wrote:
I wanted to say this as soon as i read his post.

And i dont want to sound mean the one, but just do a little more research before you post stuff, and you should have known this is a sensitive area on a fishing forum anyway.

And with all the money your family brings in you should be fine, my dad does fine on about $3200/month as a single parent with two kids, doesn't receive child support, and pays the boat note, truck, and everything that keeps life good.

But i know, im 15, i haven't experienced this myself yet so idk.

Plus, if its that much of a problem go to Lake Washington or Sammamish and keep all the perch you want :clown:
Perfect JT!

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:24 pm

cobrar543 wrote:WOW, ok...where to start..... This is the reason I have not talked to the kids about the problems we have here.... we are moving to Wa to fix some problems, but we have not talked to our kids about our problems. I have (7) kids and they think were all golden! We are dipping into the savings, sold our stocks, all the above. Kids worry about there parents just as we worry about them.
He is a great kid! I have read his posts and he has the making of a great sportsman! You all know it deep inside.
He is worried about his family and that is a person who cares! He knows he loves sports, and knows fish taist good..ie..family can be feed thru fishing...but this is not the real problem..
there is ALWAYS something in season, and we can always take that on if we want... but I salute all of you who care about a young man who is worried about his family....
Keep it all in perspective and give the cudo's when needed and the critisim to a min...
THE ONE..you can come fishing with me anytime you want!
well said cobra. welcome to the family. if theres anything we can do to help with the problems, thats what familys for. good luck in your endevors. will say a prayer for you. [-o<

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.