Pike info and pics

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Pike info and pics

Post by kevinb » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:36 am

Jsmooth wrote:Thankyou for the info guys, much appriciated. And Muskyhunter, the bass is what I was talking about w/ spawning. Any paticular lures and or colors that are doing well? For bass I have a decent assortment of jigs & plastics, spinner baits, top waters, crank baits, poppers ans more. For muskie I picked up some steel core leader and few baits, the 10 inch spinner w/ a clacker and chartruse skirt looks to be the best bet. Also picked up a grey & green skirt to throw on to switch up the color. Been swimming and boating on Silver all my life as I live in Spokane but this will be my first time fishing this lake in 15 years, so thanks again for the info. Hopefully I'll see one of you out there this summer, just look for the 10ft allum. w/ a green cloud of smoke behind it :-$
I was using a silver/blue X-RAP and catching several bass...but no BIG HAWGZ. They were hitting it pretty hard.

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:09 pm

Thats funny Jsmooth. When the the bass are spawning I don't fish em'. Thats just me..Looks like you have a good assortment of lures for both... I only fished Silver for a day and a half with kevinb..I and he plan to fish it again in the near future. An excellent crappie lake too..justa side note. We caught a bunch out there none were close to the 9 inch limit. I think you could throw anything and get bass. They were pretty agressive. Lots of small ones,though the one I did catch on the 7 inch bait came flying from the left to tag my crankbait really suprised me. And the BIG one I missed back on the south shore that was somewhere in the 5-10 lb range...I was throwin a buck rippin it across the surface tryin for Ski's was pretty impressive too. Good lake out there. Take care of it...
****remember 50 inch limit, let em' go, so they can grow****
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:24 pm

Here is my latest.......
Attachments
pike_2.jpg
pike_2.jpg (287.68 KiB) Viewed 1924 times

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:28 pm

Gone Fishin wrote:Here is my latest.......
Dude....I hate you!!!

Just giving ya' crap and to be honest......I'M JEALOUS. We got to get together soon,....I'm going ape **** for some pike.
Nice work bro':cheers: :salut:

River pike?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:36 pm

Posted another report today on the Pend Oreille. Fished it and had a blast! You know its a good day of fishing when your hands hurt afterward from fighting all the fish. Didn't get pics but we got some killer video of our fishing. Anyone know of a good cheap video editing program I can get. I want to put the clips together and make a little film. Never done any video stuff before but i got a digital video camera for graduation from college and thought I better put it to good use.

Kfedka
Commander

Post by Kfedka » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:38 pm

Gone Fishin wrote:Posted another report today on the Pend Oreille. Fished it and had a blast! You know its a good day of fishing when your hands hurt afterward from fighting all the fish. Didn't get pics but we got some killer video of our fishing. Anyone know of a good cheap video editing program I can get. I want to put the clips together and make a little film. Never done any video stuff before but i got a digital video camera for graduation from college and thought I better put it to good use.
Use the built "windows movie makers" that comes with windows or just download it.

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:46 pm

Thanks Kfedka, you are the second person to tell me that so that is what I am going to have to do!

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:21 pm

Gone Fishin wrote:Here is my latest.......
Gone Fishin, from what I hear you have only really started pike fishing for a couple of months and you have caught how many trophy pike (20 lbs or greater) now? The first one that I can recall was the 42 inch that weight I think you stated 17 lbs (close enough in my book) and now the one you just posted a picture of. I have been fishing for trophy pike for about 15 years now and I have only caught one that was close to a trophy from a fly-in Canadian lake (41.5" and about 17lbs or so didn't weight it but is sure is a lot skinner than yours that you just posted). I agree with Kevinb I hate you!!:compress:

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:11 pm

Well after further review of the scale.... it sucks, that pike didn't weigh 17, now Im not sure on its weight. The scale told me that about a 4lb bass weighed 1.5???? Threw that scale out. I didn't get a weight on the last one but I just bought a new scale and I know where another big monster sits, and Im goin to get her!

You don't have to hate me! [-x I will offer you the same as Kevin. Help me pay for gas and I will take you. :king:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:20 pm

http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/release.php?id=apr1905a

Thought this was interesting.
Maybe I can find out what information was gathered.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:14 am

kevinb wrote:http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/release.p ... 05aThought this was interesting.Maybe I can find out what  information was gathered.
#-o #-o #-o When did GF retain and eat that Pike? Could I see a wire hanging from her belly?#-o #-o #-o
You'd think if the fish were unsafe to eat for 21 days they'd have some seriosly BIG signs! You still feeling okay GF?
Well I guess if they can't get the Tiger Musky signs up to protect the fish, I should NOT expect them to get signs up to protect the fishermen!

Kenster

Edit: I can't read a tape measure or english, the link was from 2005! Thanks KevinBS lol!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:32 pm

Hey guys,
That was posted back in 2005, so the data should be available upon request. You'll maybe want to get ahold of Muskieguy out there in spokane maybe he can get ahold of the right people. Not that he doesn't have enough to do. He should actually change his name to "crime dog" instead.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

muskyhunter wrote:Hey guys,
That was posted back in 2005, so the data should be available upon request. You'll maybe want to get ahols od Muskieguy out there in spokane maybe he can get ahold of the right people. Not that he doesn't have enough to do. He should actually change his name to "crime dog" instead.
edited! Thanks MH.

Kenster
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:39 pm

Lucius,we want pics. Hope your trip turns out well.

muskyhunter28
Petty Officer

Post by muskyhunter28 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:04 am

Thats it!!
I am going there, to catch me some pike!!!
Labor day weekend hurry up and get here!
~ Captain Don Hempler Tour Guides ~

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:57 pm

I went and fished with Lucius his second day on the river. I'll let him give you details of his trip. We spent a lot of time checking out different parts of the river and just BSing a lot. But of course right when it was time for him to hit the road we found some fish. Kevin you need to get over here with him next time. Hopefully I will be able to get out and show you guys around some more but if not I showed him several good spots to hit.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Gone Fishin wrote:I went and fished with Lucius his second day on the river. I'll let him give you details of his trip. We spent a lot of time checking out different parts of the river and just BSing a lot. But of course right when it was time for him to hit the road we found some fish. Kevin you need to get over here with him next time. Hopefully I will be able to get out and show you guys around some more but if not I showed him several good spots to hit.
Trust me bro',I'm trying but things have gotten a little hectic recently. But I will fish there soon,you'll be the first to know.
I'll need a few pointers of good locations

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:32 pm

Posted my pend orielle river report from this weekend with the picture of the feisty pike.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:22 pm

Lucius wrote:Posted my pend orielle river report from this weekend with the picture of the feisty pike.
This thread is highly appropriate for pike pics :-" :clown:

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:51 pm

Here is my picture from this weekend. The first one I lost was about this size as well

Also check out this pike picture that some guy caught in ontario www. fishingfury.com

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.