Rattlesnake Lake

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fishingmachine
Admiral

Rattlesnake Lake

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:44 pm

Anybody having any luck there recently. I want to fish there but dont have a fly rod so does anyone have any tips on what to use

tumbleweed
Angler

RE:Rattlesnake Lake

Post by tumbleweed » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:51 pm

go to: www.washingtonflyfishing.com

join there and it's money :-$

this really ain't a bug site.

good luck. TW

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:19 am

You can catch them on a wee Dick Nite.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:30 pm

I've caught them from shore using rooster tails. I usually fish on the far side of the lake, over by the boulders. There are some deep pockets on that side and they'll usually hole up there next to the rocks waiting for something yummy to fall in. Bounce a small jig or rooster tail off the rocks and that should get their attention.

I've also used 1/32 oz jigs about 6 feet below a weighted cork, cast them out, let it sink and then slowly retrieve it. Back in Ohio we used to tip the jigs with maggot but I don't think you can do that at Rattlesnake since it's a no-bait lake.
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)